• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kikiribu

I deleted this game. I am done.

I used to be a casual fan of fighting games, happy with my casualness. Just playing arcade modes, against the CPU, occasionally against fellow casual friends. That was my fun. Now I kinda hate playing fighting games. The brainless AIs of arcade modes aren't enough anymore and online is an exercise in frustration.
Did you lose to FANG? Or maybe... nah, can't be... you got KO'd by Cammy's air throw? Respond if you're OK!

Don't want to ever learn how to play a fighter seriously again, what a gigantic waste of time and energy.
Why play fighting games at all if you think playing them seriously is a "waste of time"? It's always important to remember to have fun. Playing while frustrated will only make you worse. :D

I've seen and experienced rage quitting but... rage deleting? I hope I've never caused anyone to do that lol.

jett

D-Member
Just fed up. I'm not getting any better. I don't feel any progress. I'm not sure I'm having fun, even when I win.

I'm a spectator scrub now!

Honest doesn't mean "shitty character". Zangief and Birdie aren't honest at all.

Make sure to buy MvCi, DBFZ, and KI when it comes to Steam.

I'm not buying anything! Playing SFV actually dissuaded me from buying Tekken 7. I don't have the patience or the inclination to learn another character, let alone another game. Learning SFV felt like work, and for very little in return.

Maybe if Virtua Fighter 6 comes along with another god-tier Quest mode. Gonna stick to scrubbing it out in Rocket League or some shit.

I'm not buying anything! Playing SFV actually dissuaded me from buying Tekken 7. I don't have the patience or the inclination to learn another character, let alone another game. Learning SFV felt like work, and for very little in return.

Maybe if Virtua Fighter 6 comes along with another god-tier Quest mode. Gonna stick to scrubbing it out in Rocket League or some shit.

Is this your first fighting game you took seriously?

If so, the good news is that if you really understand the underlying fundamentals, the next game you pick up is easier than this one. When I pick up fighting games, it takes me 2-3 days to be able to handle a character at a respectable level. My first time it took me months to not play like an idiot. If you look at pro players, on day 1 they play like they've been at it for months. Just like any other genre, the longer you stick with it, the easier it gets, and the less commitment you need to have a good time.

FluxWaveZ

Just fed up. I'm not getting any better. I don't feel any progress. I'm not sure I'm having fun, even when I win.

I'm a spectator scrub now!

I know how that feels. As time passes, I'm playing worse and I care less and less about actually playing the game. SFV's been taking time away that I could have put into other games in this year of amazing releases, so I'll be rectifying that.

bubumiao

Is this your first fighting game you took seriously?

If so, the good news is that if you really understand the underlying fundamentals, the next game you pick up is easier than this one. When I pick up fighting games, it takes me 2-3 days to be able to handle a character at a respectable level. My first time it took me months to not play like an idiot. If you look at pro players, on day 1 they play like they've been at it for months. Just like any other genre, the longer you stick with it, the easier it gets, and the less commitment you need to have a good time.

This.

Huh, I didn't notice before, but Darun Mister is the friend in India Zangief sent his chess piece to in A Shadow Falls. 🤔
God i hope this doesn't mean EX is canon now.
If it does I'm going to just become a tierwhore and ignore everything related to the characters themselves outside of gameplay. I can't sit here and attempt to comprehend what another spinoff being canon actually means.

TheOGB

Banned
I feel like the EX entries and shoutouts are just lip service, but I am totally open to them actually mattering to the Street Fighter universe

I have to say, somewhat new to fighters (playing somewhat seriously 4 years now) but this has been the most frustrating. Something about street fighter. The time put in the lab- to skill level ratio is the lowest of any fighter I've played by far. And its just plain more stressful than any fighter Ive played seriously.
That said, still here.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Bye bye Bison.

Hello, Necalli!

gag-jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

Rymuth

Bison mains represent (much to Luce's chagrin, I'm sure)

Ironic that Luce is sweet on FANG but seems to have a thing against Bison :p

Bison mains represent (much to Luce's chagrin, I'm sure)

Ironic that Luce is sweet on FANG but seems to have a thing against Bison :p
I actually don't mind Bison, he's strong but not annoyingly so. The worst part about Bison players is that there are so many of them and 97% them have the strategy of " Do I have Meter? EX Devil's Reverse"

The character I hate the most is Necalli and Ken.

I'd probably quit playing most fighting games if I didn't at least have the ability to travel or play local sets. Online just makes me mad after a while - I'm still learning stuff, but I feel like it's far slower than being by an actual human being who calls out my mistakes. And waiting between matches when I can just jam it out with some dudes ain't optimal to me.

But SFV is stressful and online makes it more stressful and people should play other fighting games to cleanse their taste buds every once in a while.

God i hope this doesn't mean EX is canon now.
If it does I'm going to just become a tierwhore and ignore everything related to the characters themselves outside of gameplay. I can't sit here and attempt to comprehend what another spinoff being canon actually means.

It's impossible for EX to be canon. Too many conflicts in where it takes place (the Alpha series). It's most likely just a neat cameo. Relax.

EX Devil's Reverse isn't bad if your character doesn't have a shitty hitbox in it's anti air. I realized this after playing Cammy and Akuma.

But VT Devil's Reverse can fuck itself off.

It's impossible for EX to be canon. Too many conflicts in where it takes place (the Alpha series). It's most likely just a neat cameo. Relax.
That's literally never stopped Capcom before.

They killed Nash 3 times.

And then decided they didn't like the third one so much so they killed him a fourth time that was pretty much identical to the second.

But since the first, second, and fourth times are effectively the same they pretty much killed him only twice but spread it across 4 deaths.

Capcpom
Because we can™

Steam was active recently like it was with Menat, so Zeku is probably coming this month.

That's literally never stopped Capcom before.

They killed Nash 3 times.

And then decided they didn't like the third one so much so they killed him a fourth time that was pretty much identical to the second.

But since the first, second, and fourth times are effectively the same they pretty much killed him only twice but spread it across 4 deaths.

Capcpom
Because we can™

Nah, he was only "killed" twice.

The first time was by way of plane, and the second was by holding down Bison and blowing up along with him. The second didn't make much sense, because that dude blew up so why would Guile be looking for someone who blew up like that?

Anyway, the first "death" didn't really count in the first place during the Alpha storyline because you literally see him in the next game.

So Capcom just made him getting shot the point of death and retconned the rest of the shit away.

Then Nash comes back, dies again, and that's it. Retcons and death are so common place in fighting games that it ain't just Capcom things. NRS retconned a whole bunch of deaths before 9. Most of them were literally "lol it was a clone".

vg260

Hopefully this means Zeku's coming this month. Some of the stuff that X-Kira found in the Steam database would point towards that being the case, despite my initial doubts about Zeku overlapping with MvCI launch month.

Wasn't that posted just before the summer bundle went up?

Pompadour

what do you mean, you don't get as a game that is also esports

Or don't get it as a esports thing, like competitively?

I think he's saying he doesn't get why this particular game is successful AS an esport. It's kind of hard to follow and pretty simple compared to a lot of esports shooters.

Really fun game, though.

Village

I think he's saying he doesn't get why this particular game is successful AS an esport. It's kind of hard to follow and pretty simple compared to a lot of esports shooters.

Really fun game, though.

Its fun to play, so people play it competitively and people think the aesthetic is great so it draws people to it. I think its as simple as that

People call smash " simpler" than other fighting games, but people are competitive as hell about smash so. If enough people will like it, people will try and be competitive at it and/or try to bet money on it

Top Bottom