• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS4 lightbar can be turned off in future PS4 firmware! [Update: Nope]

anddo0

I hope theres a dimming feature as opposed to just on / off.

I like the light, some of the games do cool stuff with it but its just way too bright especially when you're playing in a dark setting.

I suspect it will be on/off.. Similar to the mute camera update.

Sony once again proving that they are #4theplayers!!! Based yosp/cerny/banderas!

But not #4mynephews :/ lol. Guess I'll just keep my lightbar on at all times.

Fucking YES. I've been whinging about that damned lightbar so long!

The irony is, I'm definitely buying a Morpheus headset when it comes out, and that'll probably require the light to be on! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Piccoro

HHow am I supposed to find my nephew in the dark?!
post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-SfRH.gif

I don't own a PS4 yet, so I have a question for you guys.
Does the dualshock 4 turns the lights on immediately after turning on the console, like the DS3 turns those red lights on top?

Briarios

I actually like the light bar -- especially when I leave the controller and forget where ^_^;

But, I definitely think giving people the option is a good thing.

mattp

have sony given any details on pre-loading? will it be across the board for every game?
only full 60 dollar retail games?

Alec

Lol at comparing the Xbone DRM 180 to being able to turn off the lightbar.

Doesn't matter. In both cases the gamer's voice was heard.

Along with enabling stream archiving in Twitch, this will be great.

This doesn't bother me that much. I solved the battery life issue by buying a 10 foot micro usb cable. Now I can leave my controller connected at all times. This'll be nice when I play with a guest at my friend's place though.

It sounds like people are expecting this in 1.7?
"Upcoming" firmware could be anything from 1.7 to Infinity

People reading things into @Yosp that he didn't say just like they always do. :)

It MIGHT drop with 1.7, I'm just saying that's not exactly what that tweet says to me.
Can we get 1.7 confirmed? I'm tweeting now.

plainr_

Nice.

I don't mind the light but I would like to the option to select the color like I can on PC. My DS4 when connected to my computer glows sexy purple.

Top Bottom