• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny Community Thread | The Fire Rises, Brother!

k3rn3ll

Neo Member
Just keep in mind they have talked quite a bit about reducing clutter etc, it sounds like most of they gifts they receive they've just been giving away again to fans.

True, theyve also repeatedly asked people not to send them stuff. Which is cool. They've been saying that for years, and even when the original Kindy Funny channel started

Listened to the KFG The Order 1886 Review video on my ride into work this morning and it got me thinking...

This is really what a video game review should be...two people who have played the game to completion sitting down and chatting about what they liked and didn't like. Colin and Greg both clearly have issues with the game and some of their concerns stood out to me, but they're also talking up the positives in the game as well. I've been interested in The Order 1886 since it was revealed because of it's aesthetic, it's lore, and it's characters, which most reviews all seem to suggest are the game's main strengths.

When you're watching or listening to a podcast-style review of a game, there's no pressure to have a summary paragraph or score at the end and it forces you to hear both sides of the review and weigh the pluses and minuses on your own without attaching a number to it.

Choomp

Banned
How do they like The Order? I haven't had Wifi to support a stream for the past week and without my Kinda Funny it's actually kind of sucked. :(

a916

Haha, love how Colin just name drops Spec Ops the Line along the likes of Uncharted and Gears of War in terms of the pinnacle of 3rd person cover based shooters.

(did not enjoy SO other than the cool story)

How do they like The Order? I haven't had Wifi to support a stream for the past week and without my Kinda Funny it's actually kind of sucked. :(

Colin said the game was "Good" then said later in the video that it was "maybe more 'Okay'".

Greg stuck with "okay" throughout the video.

MattyG

Banned
I was just thinking of things we could possibly do to get the community more active and involved, and I had the idea of organizing weekend game sessions. We could get a group (or groups if we have a lot of people) together and play some multiplayer games like GTAV, TLOU, Killzone, etc for a couple hours on one or two weekends every month.

I'd probably have to do a survey or something of all you guys to see what platforms you play on and everything to tell what would be the best fit, but I could see it being a fun little community event. What do you all think?

I was just thinking of things we could possibly do to get the community more active and involved, and I had the idea of organizing weekend game sessions. We could get a group (or groups if we have a lot of people) together and play some multiplayer games like GTAV, TLOU, Killzone, etc for a couple hours on one or two weekends every month. I'd probably have to do a survey or something of all you guys to see what platforms you play on and everything to tell what would be the best fit, but I could see it being a fun little community event.

What do you guys think?

Sounds good! I do hope PSN lets you make some sort of friends "groups" at some point in future but since we can't even change our names thats probably hopeless lol.

We should start by posting our PSN names and adding each other, and what platforms we play on

GAF - bananafactory
PSN - Zeroskater18
Platform:
PS4 (Also have XB1 and WiiU but rarely use them)

N° 2048

I was just thinking of things we could possibly do to get the community more active and involved, and I had the idea of organizing weekend game sessions. We could get a group (or groups if we have a lot of people) together and play some multiplayer games like GTAV, TLOU, Killzone, etc for a couple hours on one or two weekends every month.

I'd probably have to do a survey or something of all you guys to see what platforms you play on and everything to tell what would be the best fit, but I could see it being a fun little community event. What do you all think?

I like this idea.

GAF - stan_marsh
PSN: lostprophet23x
LIVE: lostprophet23x
Platforms: PS4, XB1, WiiU
Timezone: EST

MattyG

Banned
Sounds good! I do hope PSN lets you make some sort of friends "groups" at some point in future but since we can't even change our names thats probably hopeless lol.

We should start by posting our PSN names and adding each other, and what platforms we play on

GAF - bananafactory
PSN - Zeroskater18
Platform:
PS4 (Also have XB1 and WiiU but rarely use them)
Good idea. I think I already have you on PSN actually, now that I see your screen name!

Everyone who would be interested in trying something like this out, post your info in a format similar to bananafactory. Just something like;

GAF- SampleID
Platforms- New WhateverPlatformsYouHave 4 One GTX 9000 Vita XL
PSN- SampleID
XBL- SampleID
Steam- SampleID (link to your Steam Community Profile)
Timezone- PST/CST/EST/GMT/ETC

Once we get enough, I'll try to put together a spreadsheet or something and we can figure it out form there.

Choomp

Banned
I'd be down with exchanging accounts and playing or whatnot.

GAF: Choomp
PSN: ironeagle18
Xbox: GrandGuy7
NNID: GrandMan
Steam: WhimsicalSpork
3DS FC: 3437-4428-6315
Platforms: 360, One, PS3, PSP, Vita, PS4, 3DS, Wii U, Wii, DS.

MattyG

Banned
Alright, so this is how I'm going to do this; I've made a Google Spreadsheet that will contain the info of Kinda Funny community members who want to be involved in any game weekends, events, or just connecting with other members. It'll be in the OP, and I'll update it whenever I get new info from someone. If you aren't on the list and wish to be included, post here or PM me your info, and I'll add it as soon as possible. Put it in this format-

GAF- SampleID
Platforms- New WhateverPlatformsYouHave 4 One GTX 9000 Vita XL
PSN- SampleID
XBL- SampleID
Steam- SampleID (link to your Steam Community Profile)
Timezone- PST/CST/EST/GMT/ETC

Community events might not happen for a bit, at least not until we have quite a few more people interested, but I encourage you to look at the list and connect with each other! Once things pick up and I can organize events, it should be a good time!

I'm going to start something I hope takes off here: Game recommendations for games that should get more recognition. I'll start off. I'm someone who really loves management games (be it Roller Coaster Tycoon, Out of the Park Baseball etc.). One of my favorite games of this genre is GameDevTycoon (on Steam for $9.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/239820/). It is a game where you start a video game developer in the 1980's developing for PC or (an alter ego version of the) C64. As you continue (hopefully successfully), you can grow bigger and bigger. It's funny to see the game's versions of real world consoles. For instance, anything Nintendo is Funtendo. XBOX is MBOX, etc. If you get to the latter stages, your company essentially becomes Valve, where you are given an opportunity to create a Steam analog (as well as your own Steambox like hardware). Has anyone here played this? What recommendations do you have?

Karu

Uh, great idea.

GAF- Karu
Platforms- Playstation 4 & Playstation 3
PSN- karu_urak
Timezone- CET (Central European Time)

Noks415

8ht1Hvx.gif

GAF-Noks415
PSN-Noks415
Timezone-EST

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just found out this exists.

Best day ever.

EDIT - That statue is amazing

Also, what video is that gif from, with Greg dancing?

SlyQuaker

Banned
I really enjoyed Alexa on the live show today. Hope she comes around again when Colin is gone for a couple of weeks when he goes on vacation.

Nothin to do with Kinda Funny, but I'm really enjoying The Order so far.

Played about 3 hours and only on chapter 3/16. I can definitely see why some people might have problems, or even hate it, but I love it. Fun shooting and the story/characters have me.

Hope some more manage to give it a try when it's a bit cheaper.

Played about 3 hours and only on chapter 3/16. I can definitely see why some people might have problems, or even hate it, but I love it. Fun shooting and the story/characters have me.

Mine is coming on Monday. You're also pretty big on Driveclub, too right? I always see you in those threads. Man, I wish Driveclub had 3D support. Could you imagine the weather effects!? Also, I hope they add a desert themed track or an urban one. Either would be great. Colin's right though, if Driveclub had a more extensive beta AND was delayed a little more, it would have been better received. I listen to the PSNation Podcast and Glenn (Torgo on NeoGAF (he gave The Order: 1886 a 9.5/10, by the way)) said something I've been thinking too for a while. He believes the PS+ Edition of Driveclub will actually never come out. Instead, at a point later this year (or next year), the full-fledged Driveclub will be made free on PS+. He thinks that's what they delay is about. Sony and Evolution don't want to make the people who've purchased the game feel gypped. I think that's a reasonable assumption. Maybe they'll announce something at E3. I play it a decent bit now (I was able to get it free from Target with a B2G1 sale), but if the full version comes out on PS+, I'll probably play it a lot more, since it'll be on the hard drive.

Mine is coming on Monday. You're also pretty big on Driveclub, too right? I always see you in those threads. Man, I wish that had 3D support. Could you imagine the weather effects!? Also, I hope they add a desert themed track or an urban one. Either would be great. Colin's right though, if this game had a more extensive beta AND was delayed a little more, it would have been better received. I listen to the PSNation Podcast and Glenn (Torgo on NeoGAF (he gave The Order: 1886 a 9.5/10, by the way)) said something I've been thinking too for a while. He believes the PS+ Edition of Driveclub will actually never come out. Instead, at a point later this year (or next year), the full-fledged Driveclub will be made free on PS+. He thinks that's what they delay is about. Sony and Evolution don't want to make the people who've purchased the game feel gypped. I think that's a reasonable assumption. Maybe they'll announce something at E3.

That would be a great idea and a huge sign of good will to their consumers. Sadly I have no idea when it will happen, I mean yeah the online stuff works pretty flawless now but every so often the server issues still show their head, I had some server disconnects a couple weekends ago, leaderboards and challenges are still really slow to load at times, and they still haven't turned on the notifications part of the menu or released the mobile app.

But yeah the game really is great, and I am pretty active on it, I took about 6-8 weeks off after launch while the issues got sorted, but came back in mid December with the weather patch and play a bit almost every night. The challenges in it are just super addicting for me, I'll spend an hour on 50 attempts to beat someone's drift score. I am quite close to the platinum too :D

Also, appreciated your post on Game Dev Tycoon, that sounds cool and I'll keep my eye on it to see if it goes on sale.

I was going to do a write up on Kerbal Space Program and why I think everyone should try it, but I am too lazy at the moment. Perhaps another day :p

Karu

I have my eye on Driveclub myself, as they're offering the game for 25€ on the german store. Currently playing TLoU for the first time, though I should be done within a few days.

First impressions? Gameplay & Story aren't exceptional, but the voice acting, art style & atmosphere shine and elevate the whole game. Stealth action reminds me of Batman, in that it is mostly the mentioned atmosphere that hightens the tension in those segments. Pacing is also rather good. 9,5 hours in, will report back when finished.

As a side note: Colin did good chosing The Good Wife - I'm looking forward to their discussion about the show/tv that surprised you - and you all should do the same. Fantastic show that had its high point in S5, but is almost equally engaging in S6. Which is an outstanding achievement for a 22-episode network show.

MattyG

Banned

I finished it last night and I really enjoyed it. It's got some obvious flaws, but it's a really interesting and fun experience. I RAD gets the chance to do a sequel.

Noks415

Just found out this exists.

Best day ever.

EDIT - That statue is amazing

Also, what video is that gif from, with Greg dancing?

I think it's from when they play tetris. The video is 100x better because you hear Greg trying to sing the tetris theme.

That would be a great idea and a huge sign of good will to their consumers. Sadly I have no idea when it will happen, I mean yeah the online stuff works pretty flawless now but every so often the server issues still show their head, I had some server disconnects a couple weekends ago, leaderboards and challenges are still really slow to load at times, and they still haven't turned on the notifications part of the menu or released the mobile app.

But yeah the game really is great, and I am pretty active on it, I took about 6-8 weeks off after launch while the issues got sorted, but came back in mid December with the weather patch and play a bit almost every night. The challenges in it are just super addicting for me, I'll spend an hour on 50 attempts to beat someone's drift score. I am quite close to the platinum too :D

Also, appreciated your post on Game Dev Tycoon, that sounds cool and I'll keep my eye on it to see if it goes on sale.

I was going to do a write up on Kerbal Space Program and why I think everyone should try it, but I am too lazy at the moment. Perhaps another day :p

Jeez, I completely forgot I have KSP. Since it's still in Early Access, I bet it's changed so much since I played it last. I've actually been playing it since it had the free mode. I would love to see Colin and Greg play it and have missions, like send a Kerbal to Mun and successfully bring them home to Kerbin. I foresee many spectacular failures. It would be gloriously fun.

I sent them a Tweet a while back suggesting they create a Steam Curator page on Steam. Maybe one of us should do it if they don't. It's a good way to suggest great games to people.

Top Bottom