• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Looks like they are really pushing nuetral synergy with the new expansion: https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/871562223046369280. Seems like a great card in the right deck though, such a cheap cost.

And by great you mean game winning with the right deck xD That shit is poooooowerful :D

Well not game winning in the sense that that alone wins haha, but playing that instead of will of the forest will allow for way bigger forest combos on that turn if it gets the job done

There's one bad side effect of anniversary event. I'm too afraid to craft anything more expensive before the packs arrive as I might that stuff from pack :D

Luigi87

I really just want Shadow to crash and burn next expansion and be trash tier... if only because it's so infuriating.

Nothing like losing to two 7/7 Shadow Reapers on turn 5.
bluh, just venting.
Didn't help that the match before that I lost to double Eachtar.

... on the upside the third in a row I faced I beat, but then felt too emotionally drained to keep playing x_x

Here's a new blood legendary with a very interesting effect https://twitter.com/shadowversegame/status/872287283562520576. They confirmed the ffect does stack if you play more than one. I like the idea of the effect, but I dunno if the card is good enough to see play though. If control blood ever becomes a thing again, it can be tutored with baphomet.

Also on a side note, I am currently 2400 master points, with like 2000 of those coming from seraph haven. The deck actually does surprisingly well in this meta. Most of my losses comes from not drawing seraph by 8, which doesn't happen often.

I really just want Shadow to crash and burn next expansion and be trash tier... if only because it's so infuriating.

Nothing like losing to two 7/7 Shadow Reapers on turn 5.
bluh, just venting.
Didn't help that the match before that I lost to double Eachtar.

... on the upside the third in a row I faced I beat, but then felt too emotionally drained to keep playing x_x

Well yesterday I played 3 Eachtars in a row on turns 7,8 and 9 :D

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Some more new cards. Looks like shadow gets a 7 drop Morde with quite a downside. Great if you run a nuetral deck though lol. Also the trailer for the new expansion will show at the E3 pc show stream on monday, but it already leaked on youtube.

Last season it was around 9k.

You just run soothing harpist and gilgamesh as your neutral cards and go for the kill on 8 if not then 9. That far into the game they should be pretty much dead already. Dumps your deck and you are gonna draw the double attacker or storm card consistently

Pooya

thinning your deck is very strong, I think that card is crazy good, you can always convert your shadow cards in hand to neutral too.

Can someone tell me how this isn't absolutely broken? Very hard to kill this thing if they drop it on 3 and you're going first. Just gonna have to always have a ward up in response to this.
TMAPxTgSiy9JaLGeoharFA-650-80.jpg
More cards revealed here.

Pooya

if you go first it's bad, it's likely free kill, they evolve into and kill it. Against aggro you heal for 5, I guess it's not pointless.

if you go second and your opponent doesn't have a curve and guys on board, like haven. Then it's 10 damage. yeah...

it promotes high rolly all in type of decks which HS is full of. It's not that strong, if it becomes popular decks can be built to deal with it, but I don't like this kind of design.

fertygo

that's super bad card

you spending evolve point and surrender your board to just hit 10?

how anyone can think that is good?

there is this current deck that you know that willingly sacrifices half your hp to completely overwhelm early board, this is the exact opposite of that.

Armaros

The new sword leg is going to be a sleeper.

Cannot be removed by effects, just damage. So only damage and banish can deal with him. With 10 health that's going to take a lot and he isn't a dead turn since he has Rush.

Luigi87

Though the odds of it being used this way are dictated by hand, combo'd with Urd/Forte on 10pp does allow to have a 5/6, 3/3, and cannot be attacked + storm 10/2 on board.
Alternatively, Seabrand Dragon makes a comeback for two 8/8 + storm if the opponent kills her.
Or a 10/2 Forte + 4/10 Rahab... different combinations.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Though the odds of it being used this way are dictated by hand, combo'd with Urd/Forte on 10pp does allow to have a 5/6, 3/3, and cannot be attacked + storm 10/2 on board.
Alternatively, Seabrand Dragon makes a comeback for two 8/8 + storm if the opponent kills her.
Or a 10/2 Forte + 4/10 Rahab... different combinations.

it's the turn after it dies

Luigi87

it's the turn after it dies

Oh right, somehow I blanked on this.
Still not totally terrible with an Urd if only for potential double effect on three turns (but that's three turns, which is slow as hell), so still less desired. Of course if the opponent has a large board then this is a pretty dead card. If they don't and you have a hand then fantastic.

Honestly don't know what to make of it at the moment, but it is certainly coming off as situational and not as desirable as cards like Ouro and Sybil.

Pooya

The new sword leg is going to be a sleeper.

Cannot be removed by effects, just damage. So only damage and banish can deal with him. With 10 health that's going to take a lot and he isn't a dead turn since he has Rush.

If it survives bahamut, themis, tribune, bane and things like I think it's very good. I don't know it if works like that. Card text in this game is not exactly consistent.

It's a threatening hard to remove guy right before Albert, I think that's good. Right now I'm playing 3x Tsubaki for beating dragon and I often throw it on board without any target even for its almost guaranteed hit right before Albert.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh right, somehow I blanked on this.
Still not totally terrible with an Urd if only for potential double effect on three turns (but that's three turns, which is slow as hell), so still less desired. Of course if the opponent has a large board then this is a pretty dead card. If they don't and you have a hand then fantastic.

Honestly don't know what to make of it at the moment, but it is certainly coming off as situational and not as desirable as cards like Ouro and Sybil.

You evo suicide it, then do your urd combo the next turn for 20

Luigi87

You evo suicide it, then do your urd combo the next turn for 20
Yeah. I guess I just wasn't certain if Forte brought back by Urd would still be under effect, but I suppose she should be.

That being said, I'm curious as to what the other Dragon leg will be, since this one isn't the one that promotes Neutral play.

Three more cards revealed. I actually think the tree could be viable in a nuetral forest deck that could go wide with low cost neutrals, that 2pp forest nuetral spell, and cynthia/wind god. But still hard to say it would be better than the same old ancient elf roach deck.

Also, if any one didn't see, the E3 trailer said the new expansion releases June 29th.

Luigi87

Six matches tonight
5 versus Shadow
4 being Ledger Shadow

I think I'm done until the next expansion, this is just gross.

(alternatively I said fuck it and crafted a Haven deck)

Szadek

They are doing a popularity poll to determine who will be the next new leaders for each class: https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0120.

Here are the options: http://imgur.com/gallery/93a51
Many of them are so random such as Flame Destroyer and Imprisoned Dragon.
I kind of hope the win to see the emotes.

I voted for Anomoly, Otohime, Melvie, Genesis Dragon, Lord of the Flies, Belphegor and Eidolon.
Pretty such that only waifus will win, but I would like to see some of more monstrous cards win, because they would make for really awesome leaders.

Also, say hallo to your next nightmare:

Kumubou

Many of them are so random such as Flame Destroyer and Imprisoned Dragon.
I kind of hope the win to see the emotes.

I voted for Anomoly, Otohime, Melvie, Genesis Dragon, Lord of the Flies, Belphegor and Eidolon.
Pretty such that only waifus will win, but I would like to see some of more monstrous cards win, because they would make for really awesome leaders.
GameWith has a poll on their site asking who people think are going to win -- yeah, it's mostly waifus except for Albert (oh boy) and... Imperial Dragoon? Huh??? (Apparently, the voting seems to be driven more by who the VA for each character is.)

For funsies, you can also compare that to the poll people are running on Reddit -- the one big difference seems to be with Bloodcraft (English-speaking players seem to be in love with Beast Dominator, for whatever reason....)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Let it be known that after 234 days, I've finally opened an Olivia from a pack. Excuse me while I shove it into every Dragon deck I build, necessary or not.

Some new cards revealed by IGN. Many of them seem pretty good. The haven amulet and sword spell will very likely see a good amount of play. The rune spell seems really good. The dragon legendary with ramp means that we are going have to be dealing with bahamut a turn or two earlier than we already do, plus they will have a 7/7 accompanying it lol.

fertygo

The dragon legs is pretty bad for the current ramp dragon style.. you do not crowd the board for that card condition to fulfìlled.. its required new zooish archetype for Dragon.. which seems unappealing.. just ramping and drop your big bomb in traditional way is much easier

Szadek

Let it be known that after 234 days, I've finally opened an Olivia from a pack. Excuse me while I shove it into every Dragon deck I build, necessary or not.
Nobody is ready for Olivia in face dragon!
Some new cards revealed by IGN. Many of them seem pretty good. The haven amulet and sword spell will very likely see a good amount of play. The rune spell seems really good. The dragon legendary with ramp means that we are going have to be dealing with bahamut a turn or two earlier than we already do, plus they will have a 7/7 accompanying it lol.
Jabberwock probably doesn't do much in ramp, since that deck often doesn't have a board and is most likely too slow for face, but it could work really way in midrange deck.

Snow seems pretty good, espically for neutral decks.
Unless there is some kind of broken combat that I don't see right now, Demon Key seems unless.
March Hare's Teatime looks very strong and should work really well in eidolon decks.
Also, best waifu of the set:

Golem Assault doesn't seem that strong at first, but it's basically a 3/3 ward that spellboosts twice for 4 and you don't even have to use it in the same turn.
The other cards seem meh.

Luigi87

Interesting changes in the patch notes

This update includes the following features and changes:

– New card expansion: Wonderland Dreams
– New chapters to the main story
– Solo player missions
– Set leaders for individual decks
– Options added to private match mode: create your opponent's deck, Best of 3, and Best of 5
– Skip Battle feature added for chapters of the main story already cleared
– Buy Items added to the Shop
– Temporary vial bonus ends for liquefying Prince Catacomb, Lightning Blast, and Wind Reader Zell
– Switch between different text and voice language options
– Change in card text
– Adjustments to card mechanics
– Changes to cards that appear in Take Two

So leaders per deck, new things in the shop (maybe new prebuilts?), official support for different voice language packs, and possible nerfs to some cards?
Edit: Only card change is
When an Ice Blade Warfiend is buffed by Medusa's Gaze, its ability (”Whenever this follower attacks and destroys an enemy follower, if this follower is not destroyed, draw a card.") will no longer activate.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
^ Seems more like a bug fix? Depends on your interpretation. Seems like they are going for the idea that Medusa destroys the follower, NOT Warfiend.

10 win streak into another 10 win streak (lost one game to another Tribunal 50/50) got me into A2 after a bit of a break with TotG. I had one game against Dshift where I actually got to develop two Mainyus T2 and T3 > evolve one on T4 > double taunt pupper all the while going face. That felt really gross.

I still can't believe they didn't nerf Grimnir smh. I crafted 3 because I was positive they would. It feels so unfair no matter if I'm tempoing out with him or winning with him. Eachtar's the other one, but that's why I'm playing Haven for now.

Luigi87

Grimnir absolutely should have been nerfed and it is ridiculous they didn't nerf him... And since they didn't I ended up liquefying the four extras I had already. Ultimately he has just way too much value to not include in most decks, especially since he can also cut through defenses (and things like Test of Strength).

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I go back and forth about how powerful his Enhance is. Maybe the 4 face damage is going too far? Not sure. But the part that absolutely breaks the card is that it's a 3PP 2/3 NEUTRAL ward. Almost no reason not to splash him everywhere but Rune.

Ehh I guess I'll need to give up on this game soon - I didn't feel like playing last expansion meta so I won't have enough packs to keep up with new meta.

I already had that happen in Hearthstone years ago - if you can't invest 30-60 minutes each day you will need to replace this with wallet.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Ehh I guess I'll need to give up on this game soon - I didn't feel like playing last expansion meta so I won't have enough packs to keep up with new meta.

I already had that happen in Hearthstone years ago - if you can't invest 30-60 minutes each day you will need to replace this with wallet.
I also took a break because I didn't like the TotG meta. Luckily, I saved a few k to bank on, but if I were in your position, I wouldn't mind dropping like $20 to catch up. I haven't spent any money and I feel like I've gotten at least that much fun out of it. But it's up to you.

And fwiw, I've never played this game every day. It's always been a 3-4 days/week thing for me. I know I'm leaving gold on the table, but eh they're generous enough and I don't want to burn out on it all.

Szadek

Yeah, I'm not sure if I will stick around for much longer.
Thier plans for the game and what I want from it don't seem to line up very well.
Non of the other online CCG interest me and I'm sure as fuck not going back to HS either.

Top Bottom