• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wereroku

Are you a pizza or a cat though?

Maybe they are a Pizza Cat.

pizzacats.jpg

J_Viper

Does the Video Buddy app constantly freeze for anyone else?

Amazon and Netflix stream in full HD without a single hitch on my iPad, so it can't be my connection

Samurai Pizza Cats was the best show. As a kid I could occasionally watch it on like channel 6 if the weather was right and if I stood in a particular position.

daveo42

Banned
And fight evil as samurai.

But calling pizza a samurai is giving him too much credit.

Samurai Pizza Cats was the best show. As a kid I could occasionally watch it on like channel 6 if the weather was right and if I stood in a particular position.

I always caught it on Fox in the mornings before school along with DBZ. Sad I remember nothing about it other than the theme song and they had an awesome giant robot. I think constantly rewatching the Namek arc as a kid stuck with me more.

I always caught it on Fox in the mornings before school along with DBZ. Sad I remember nothing about it other than the theme song and they had an awesome giant robot. I think constantly rewatching the Namek arc as a kid stuck with me more.

I think their dojo/pizza parlor turned into like a revolver or something? And shot them over to the crime?

Also yeah, I watched so much Namek saga as a kid.

[EDIT] I guess it was always a gun.

daveo42

Banned
I think their dojo/pizza parlor turned into like a revolver or something? And shot them over to the crime?

Also yeah, I watched so much Namek saga as a kid.

[EDIT] I guess it was always a gun.

Well, time to remember more if you have the time. The entirely of the show is available on Crunchyroll for free. I think I saw this announcement ages ago, got excited, and then promptly never watched it.

Edit: But it's the original Japanese version and might lack the dub charm from our childhoods.

Wereroku

Well, time to remember more if you have the time. The entirely of the show is available on Crunchyroll for free. I think I saw this announcement ages ago, got excited, and then promptly never watched it.

I have always wanted to sit down and watch the original show just to see what it is actually about. I think there was an interview where they talked about the history of the show and it is crazy. They were given dogshit translations of the show and ended up going their own way in places.

it was either that or a ghost stories situation where they fucked up the contract and only bought the animation rights, not the voice/script rights, so they just did the whole thing as a ridiculous joke

Oh god Ghost Stories. I keep meaning to watch that as I have only seen the youtube videos and I can't tell if they are doctored or the real deal. The concept of having a bible thumper telling you about Jesus in the middle of a ghost attack just seems absurd.

Jintor

it was either that or a ghost stories situation where they fucked up the contract and only bought the animation rights, not the voice/script rights, so they just did the whole thing as a ridiculous joke

Guys was it a demo derby where Drew played a game where he's a kid controlling a big robot(From the kids perspective) and he punched through his own HQ?

Jintor

Oh god Ghost Stories. I keep meaning to watch that as I have only seen the youtube videos and I can't tell if they are doctored or the real deal. The concept of having a bible thumper telling you about Jesus in the middle of a ghost attack just seems absurd.

they are 100% the actual dubs released

daveo42

Banned

Looking at episode 1 side-to-side it's not super easy to tell. Like most of the stuff in the dub is super easy to infer based on context, but I'm not sure if they just played the scripts fast and loose for an American audience or just wrote the whole show on context. It didn't have the benefit of being Ghost Stories if they only got the animation rights since it aired on morning TV.

they are 100% the actual dubs released

Yeah, that's the best part too.

Guys the Wild reveal was 2 years ago.

TWO

FULL

YEARS

ANCEL

A HACK

OR SCAMMER

Well..

we'll be getting more updates on it later this year.
Great! Just booked a vacation in Montreal for the end of July can't wait!

Awesome, hope you enjoy the trip!
sucks we never getting more d4

Yeah, that cliffhanger. What's even more sad is that we won't be getting more of that awesome OST as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom