• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

headerf4qb6.png

As one of the last remaining humans on a planet controlled by robotic foes bent on your destruction, you must forge friendships with a courageous group of robot companions, each with unique abilities and powers. Lead this band of unlikely heroes on an epic adventure through a mysterious, dynamic world.

Platform: XB1, PC (Windows 10 Exclusive)
Release Date: September 13th (NA/AUS), September 15th (JP), September 16th (EU)
Price: $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99 (Standard Edition)
Player(s): 1
Format: Digital/Physical (Digital Copy will get you the game on both PC and XB1)
Developer: Armature Studios/Comcept
Publisher: Microsoft
Console Display: Resolution 900p/30 FPS
Engine: Unity
ESRB: T

featuresrvq9q.png

• Shared Progression across Xbox One and Windows 10. ReCore is the first “play anywhere” title.
  • Take advantage of ReCore’s colored based combat to either destroy corrupted Corebots and harvest the scrap to upgrade your equipment or use Joule’s tether to remove the core from those enemies to upgrade your own Corebots.
  • 5 different Corebots to lead into battle, traverse with and customize. Corebots will also be able to help you unlock new areas and secrets.
  • A hub-based open environment with dungeons, corrupted Corebots and hidden treasure littered about it’s surface. Sandstorms will also change the landscape over time.
  • Use Joule’s double-jump and air dash abilities to tackle platforming challenges.

characterszypkj.png

joule201q0c.png
mack2d5p0m.png
seth2mqrni.png
duncan3hvp2w.png

• Joule
    One of the first brave volunteers for the "Far Eden" colony, Joule Adams wakes after centuries in cryo-sleep to find that nothing has gone according to plan... With her trusty Corebot companion, Mack, Joule begins her adventure in Far Eden to save mankind from a terrible fate.
  • Mack
    Designed for cheerfulness and loyalty, the Mack core is most comfortable in the K-9 frame. Like other Corebots of his type, Mack is responsible for the tracking and retrieval of components vital to the upkeep of “Far Eden's” atmospheric processors and other equipment. Mack is also the designated companion of Joule Adams.
  • Seth
    Shy and sometimes fearful, Seth is nonetheless an extremely capable core who excels inside the SP-DR frame. Corebots of Seth’s type were assigned delicate, details-oriented construction tasks high above the shifting sands of Far Eden. Despite his nervous nature, Seth can reliably lift loads many times his weight over great distances.
  • Duncan
    A rugged Core with a gruff and stubborn personality, Duncan is well-suited to the AP-3 frame. In this configuration, Duncan was originally tasked with excavating the foundations of the Far Eden colony. But he will now aggressively smash rocks and other obstacles that have clogged colony facilities over time.

screenshotsevoiw.png

trailersvop3e.png

reviewsvio2a.png

Review Thread

Gamespot 6/10
I wanted to like it more, and had it not overstayed its welcome, I would have. But in the end, like its robots, ReCore is a game with a bright soul encased in parts that are used well past their prime.

Jimquisition 7/10
ReCore has the right stuff to be a truly great game, but technical problems and questionable design decisions hold it back from being what it so clearly could have become. That it’s still an enjoyable experience that I’d recommend to a majority of players is as solid an indicator as any that Comcept put together something special here.

Destructoid 4/10
It's all a shame because ReCore shows so much promise in its opening hours. It's easy to envision a way in which all those ideas could manifest into something great. They don't, though. Instead, it's just a jumble of mechanics that never jell, gameplay that grows stale far too quick, and insulting design. System failure.

linksblqsn.png

Performance Thread

Minimum
OS Windows 10
Architecture x64, X64
DirectX Version 11
Memory 8 GB
Video Memory 2 GB
Processor Intel Core i5 3550 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Equivalent
Graphics AMD Radeon R7 370 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660/570

Recommended
OS Windows 10
Architecture x64, X64
DirectX Version 11
Memory 16 GB
Video Memory 4 GB
Processor Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD Equivalent
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 290X or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

illusionary

Reviews are looking good enough for me to keep my pre-order - I'm looking forward to this for the end of the week.

Great OT dancrane212 - thanks!

sam777

I will definitley get this once the bugs have been patched out, the core gameplay seems fun enough for me to buy it.

FrsDvl

I keep telling myself that I'll wait till it's on sale. But I know I'll jump ship tomorrow. Game looks like a lot of fun to me.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Jim gave it a 7 and I found his views align with mine pretty well for reviews and games, I'll definitely give it a go in the near future.

I thought it'd turn out better, review-wise, given the positive buzz in previews and that 1 hour stream. Too bad it didn't score better.

I hope I'll like it. I still look forward to playing it. I just wish that they wouldn't have made the end a huge fetch quest like that one review mentioned.

Jawmuncher

I'm mad that amazon doesn't send out digital codes until the day of. Killing any hope of preloading before tomorrow. Only went with them because i had some credit, next time i'll just get it from the windows store.

Despite the so-so reviews, I'm genuinely excited for this game! I'm interested to know what my fellow neogaffers feel about it.

Zedox

Same except 9 pm for me :p

Wondering how it'll perform on pc

I'll be waiting 'till 12. But for all of us in the US, 5 hours.

Apparently the PC version is the more performant version. The Xbox One is the port. LOL. At least that's what I get from people.

Beast780

The reviews have not deterred me. They all said this game is close to being great, usually when reviews say that, I have a lot of fun with it. The Major Nelson LiveStream sold it for me though.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Pre ordered to support mid tier priced games, the general aesthetic and unique mechanics.

Such varying reviews, although with consistent criticisms. Still, sounds like a game I'll enjoy, I like the genre/approach of these kinda games.

Two colleagues of mine managed to grab a copy this morning. They both loved the game, one of them is already past 500gs.

Based on their impressions I think I'm gonna love the game, though it seems it really needed some time to iron out the tech issues.

Sydle

Ready to play on PC. I won't put up with more than a couple of crashes before I uninstall it though, so I hope it performs well.

Same here, definite pass for me. Or at least until it gets to like 10 bucks on steam.

To be fair though, in regards to gameplay driven - arcade based games Jim seems well in tuned with that - and he also did give it a higher than average score. Basically what I'm saying is that Jim Sterling will back a game that has good gameplay, even if everything else is shit. So, yeah - I can see this being a fun game for some people, but I'll wait on it. And maybe my shit PC can run this game on low settings, 720p at 60 fps. Which I would prefer over high settings at sub 30 fps which is what the xbox one is probably doing.

Zedox

I need to stop watchin footage of this game...only a little bit more to wait. Aha, football is about to be on...

I'm mad that amazon doesn't send out digital codes until the day of. Killing any hope of preloading before tomorrow. Only went with them because i had some credit, next time i'll just get it from the windows store.

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. My email from them says I won't receive the key until 12 am PST tonight :(

Unity2012

The reviews have not deterred me. They all said this game is close to being great, usually when reviews say that, I have a lot of fun with it. The Major Nelson LiveStream sold it for me though.
Agreed. Every video ive watched has me looking forward to finally play it.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Damn, this was almost on my radar, but just as fast as it came, it's gone.

Have too much to play anyhow..

Zafir

Just played it a bit on PC, despite the store saying it unlocks on Friday.

The loading times were absolutely horrific loading it up. It took me ages to get onto the set up menu, it went onto another loading screen. I alt tabbed and it crashed. Then I had to go through both loading screens again, and it must have been another 5-10mins if not more before I actually got to play..

Once I got into the game, it was pretty fun. Also ran fairly decent outside of some hitching at the start.

Top Bottom