• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Sequel Announced [Japanese arcade-only update for now]

Galang

Banned
Yukari and Junpei? Day 1.

I held out cause I had a feeling this would happen with more P3 characters. Can't wait

Any chance they will add the P3 protagonist,
even as a ghost (nope.avi) or something like that
?
Screw the canon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If Famitsu (& Google Translate) are saying it's a "sequel" (like BlazBlue CS), perhaps this takes place after the events of Arena? I mean, if we've got Tartarus as a stage, it seems some stuff might be happening in the P3 town.

Guess Who

Banned
If Famitsu (& Google Translate) are saying it's a "sequel" (like BlazBlue CS), perhaps this takes place after the events of Arena? I mean, if we've got Tartarus as a stage, it seems some stuff might be happening in the P3 town.

Well,
the end of P4A does have the Investigation Team heading to Tatsumi Port Island.

Rhapsody

Banned
Actually yeah. I agree, on certain characters its really stupid.

I think yukiko is fine (honestly I think it is especially since its not even a reversal).

I think naoto, yu, kanji, aigis, teddie and a few more should be definitely toned down.

Naoto/yu doing like 35-40% of somebody's hp with just invul super reversal is stupid. AND ITS SAFE WTF

Reversal cross slash is not safe. IB it and punish if it was after a DP. If it was raw, just roll during super flash.

Naoto's shouldn't be safe.

Any chance they will add the P3 protagonist

Of course.

I'd go for a dual mode male and female character (switching between ranged and close in attacks or something).

Heck you could (sort of P3 spoilers)
Make it a shadow or a robot or a projection of long lasting love. It doesn't really matter

Noi

Labrys and Shadow Labrys on the character select screen "ruin" what would be an easy P4 on the top row, P3 on the bottom row arrangement.

...Unless it's Investigation Team on top, Shadow Operatives on the bottom, and even then Elizabeth ruins that. Buh.

Squire

Banned
HOLY SHIT I'M DYING

I'M DYING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lKFtRDX.gif

Yasumi

Banned

Yup. At the end of Arena the investigation team said that they'd be going to Tatsumi Port Island to chase
Nyarly
. Looks like it happened.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If they go back, P1: Nanjo, P2: Maya.

If not, P3 MC & Adachi.

Given the story beats of P4A, I hope they go Nanjo and Maya. Would build upon the P4 characters getting their eyes opened to a larger world of Persona users and whatnot. Plus Mitsuru pegging Nanjo for support makes all sorts of sense given their corporate connections.

Zornack

Man, I really need to play P4A. I've been putting it off until I play P3 but there's no way I have the time to play a 60+ hour JRPG anytime soon. But I really don't want to spoil P3...

Fuck.

Top Bottom