• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Stolen from the JoJo thread:
Apparently am western comic artist tried to rip off Jojo in 1997. Its called Diesel and its hilarious

1dRPIE9.jpg

My god this is hilariously shameless
4s2wBfg.jpg

Yu Yu Hakusho 120-End

Man...
Going through YYH after rereading HxH is kinda sad. Gods. So many elements in common, so much stuff that was just lifted or mildly adapted. That same worsening of quality as time goes by....

Then you hit the final arc in the demon world, dude calmly introduces the characters, sets up their personalities and backstories (pretty well done bit for a shonen title, tbf), and, as soon as Togashi starts once again going crazy with all the tournament rules and all the crap he loves so much, something happens and he just gives up on the whole thing. Deja vu hits hard.

Can't help but wonder what finally caused him to give up on the book. Inclined to believe that he didn't wanna pump out tournament arc after tournament arc, but... he then went and did HxH right after, so...

dramatis

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp). If you want to avoid that, just post a general question about the manga.

1. A dinosaur just popped outta this dude's briefcase. Fourteen has been taking me to some wonderful places. For Fourteen. From Semblance.
  2. Baoh is a manga by the renowned Hirohiko Araki, most known for the long running JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. For Baoh. From MetroidPrimeRib. (rev)
  3. Okay this definitely gets to be Ike Reibun best written and best manga of her time as an author. For Not Equal. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  4. All in all, it's pretty solid. For Black Clover. From Poodlestrike. (rev)
  5. This is where the greatest part of Franken Fran come from; she's both Victor Frankenstein and his Monster. Fran with her skill is able to create her own grotesque monster(s). For Franken Fran. From Shengar. (WALL OF TEXT)
  6. However everything was enjoyable and probably the one few times I enjoyed the bulkier older type of character designs. For Hide and Seek. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  7. Enjoyable and entertain way to handle this premise thats been done a bit before. For Sore o Koigokoro to Yobu no Nara. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  8. The sci-fi future setting was interesting but it would have been better if that was the main focus. For Ginkaku Hakase to Marmot. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  9. There's so much care in its arts. from the way character drawn to panelling, its amazing. For Takemitsu Zamurai Vol 1. From striferser. (imp)
  10. Now this is the better short story collection from the author. For Hinyari Rouka, Mangekyou. From Dedication Through Light. (very DTL)
  11. I'm reading the whole thing. That was intense. A story about struggling manga author that can turn back time to reverse an accident. He's involved in an accident that took him back to his 5th grade. Can't wait for the anime adaptation. For Boku Dake ga Inai Michi. From striferser.
  12. The villain is a sadistic, batshit, ZR gothic-lolita angel named Cruel. For Tatoe Hai ni Natte mo 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  13. So he vows to kill her himself before the disease does. For Shounen Shoujo 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  14. When men grow old, they turn into Shiba Inu, aka Shiba occhan. For Shiba Occhan. From striferser. (???)
  15. One of the one shots was pretty good with the twins and I wish we had got to see more of their post circus life. It will always be remembered. For Bamford Koushakuke no Shitsuji. From Dedication Through Light. (rev)
  16. School settings are so interesting. For Aoharu Cynical 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  17. Cars. For Car Graffiti JK. From Zweizer. (???)
  18. To anyone interested in survival game series, this short side story gives a good glimpse of this manga's qualities. For Side Story. From Usobuko.
  19. It's a mystery series where the focus is on counterfeiting / fraud and the like, rather than more violent scenarios like murder. For Bannou Kanteishi Q no Jikenbo 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  20. It's quite enjoyable as far as shonen adventure goes. For Helck. From striferser. (imp)
  21. DTL's not quite 10 best manga of 2015
  22. Yuri vampires in a pleasant post-apocalyptic setting. For Vampire after the Doomsday 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  23. striferser's 2015 manga list
  24. Great lead character, mostly well done look at a recluse trying to reenter the real world, but it turns into a mess. For Cat Street. From Semblance. (rev)
  25. A Huge Battleship's Best Manga of 2015.
  26. The Series has matured and grown way beyond the scope it presents itself from the lonesome dark beginning. For Berserk. From TheRealTalker. (too obvious rec) Bonus gibberish from Tricky I Shadow
  27. It starts with a mysterious contact who seems to be only able to send texts consisting of cat emojis, and gets weirder from here. Give it a read if you feel like shutting down your brain, or melting it. For Canned Cat Food BATCH (one shot). From Zweizer. (of course)
  28. A beautiful little newly translated one volume manga with a very unique story telling structure about a girl in a world that you quickly find out is a fair bit darker that it appears to be. For Mitsuami no Kamisama. From flawfuls. (rev)
  29. Based on my first impression alone I can totally see why the film was such a cult classic. For Akira Vol 1. From Akito (imp).
  30. This has some pretty typical romance scenarios involved; it's not bad, but definitely nothing special, yet somehow it still pulls at my heart reading through this. For A Method to Make the World Gentle. From EndlessSky. (imp)
  31. The strange tale of an abandoned little girl with her newfound Golem guardian as they tranverse in a bizarre landscape to find human beings. For Somali and the Forest Spirit 01. From Usobuko.
  32. The stories are almost exclusively dedicated to music (it's published on a music website). For Mainichi Futeneko. From Kurita. (rev)
  33. A cynical schoolgirl meets a whimsical transfer student. Makes for a cute short story about having a brighter view on life. For Tenkousei, Ridatsu Suru (one shot). From Zweizer.
  34. If you enjoyed Sakisaka's other series Strobe Edge and Blue Spring Ride, check this one out. For Omoi Omoware Furi Furare. From mdubs. (imp)
  35. A guy apends the last hour of an MMO and somehow gets transported to a fantasy world as Momoga, the Elder Lich. For Overlord. From Tripon. (imp)
  36. So I wasn't right about anything, yet most everything makes sense considering the perspective we have. This was pretty good, I recommend it. For Aoi Uroko to Suna no Machi. From Droplet.
  37. That was a surprisingly touching start to the Christmas festivities. This kind of subject matter hits me harder than it should do, probably for work-related reasons. For The Flustered Shabby Santa Claus (one shot). From A Huge Battleship.
  38. It's a great and touching story I'd recommend anyone to read, if they get the chance. For Hoshi Mamoru Inu. From Lain. (rec)
  39. It is a rather odd manga, very conservative and stylistic paneling, but for an older series by a veteran mangaka it serves its purpose as a biography well. For Hitler. From MetroidPrimeRib. (rev)
  40. Kurokawa kyoubei is about to jump off a bridge and kill himself when he notices a woman standing next to him, which startles him and he slips off. For Toumei Ningen Kyoutei 01. From Umibozu. (imp)
  41. A gag manga about a farmer who likes radishes and death traps a little too much. So he accidentally kills the hero. He then has to impersonate the hero in order to save his country. Nice read, and it made me laugh a couple of times. For Yuusha ga Shinda!. From Tripon.
  42. A yuri story broken in shorts parts about two childhood friends who slowly grow closer together following one's declaration. I'd say it's one of better works from Takemiya JIn that I've read since a while. For Girl Meets Girl (one shot). From Zweizer.
  43. A nice feel-good manga with likeable characters. For Neko Ane. From ColossalLazy. (imp)
  44. I found myself enjoying it a lot, and it turned into a pretty good battle manga. For Mahou Sensei Negima!. From Sealed. (rev)
  45. It felt satisfying enough as a conclusion. For Sakuranbo Syndrome. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  46. It's cute and sweet, and the art style reminds me of Northern European drawings of folklore and children's stories. For Totsukuni no Shoujo. From Nordicus. (imp)
  47. Give it a read if you're into psychological horror story. For Lychee Light Club. From striferser. (rev)
  48. Noramimi is a wonderfully simple yet surprisingly thought-provoking manga about mascots and their quirks, their worries, their life, and their relationship with children, with humans. For Noramimi. From Zweizer. (rev)
  49. There's this morbid glee to Nickelodeon that's irresistible. For Nickelodeon. From Semblance. (rev)
  50. A gaming otaku and a fujoshi reunite since middle school while working at a company. For Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  51. About a guy, his wife, and their family. I'm melting. For Kekkonshite mo Koshiteru. From Droplet.
  52. Wacky and humorous re-imaginings of The Wizard of Oz and Alice in Wonderland, with a tenuous link. For orz and Love Sync Dream. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  53. Two extremely intelligent individuals wage a tactical war over getting the other to confess first while hiding any sign that they like each other. So another cynical love story. For Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 01. From MetroidPrimeRib.
  54. So this is a serious historical manga about feudal Japan...or at least it is about that for about 30 pages For Katajikenai. From flawfuls. (rec)
  55. Short shoujo horror anthology, with no real overarching theme. For Shoujotachi no Kaidan. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  56. So far a good series, lots of detail in Ainu hunting methods and the art is good and expressive. For Golden Kamui. From MetroidPrimeRib. (imp)
  57. I guess it's your turn to get a spin-off! though I guess it's actually putting some focus on the romance so can't be too bad. For Fairy Tail Gaiden - Lord Knight. From dakkumauji.
  58. Though to go from breaking up with your longtime boyfriend to now at someones doorsteps trying to get them to give you attention was an unusual place to start. For Tsumasaki Kara Aisarete 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  59. Its funny at times and executes everything well. Will keep following it. For Dramatic ni Ubae! 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  60. Well this ended up being a supernatural being disguised as a tired businessman type of manga. For Hajimari wa Sayonara 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  61. When the protagonist look like this, you know you're in for a wild ride For No guns life. From striferser. (imp)
  62. Holy fucking shit this is my new favorite manga. I love the idea and the pace at which the story is developing. For Re:Monster. From Noirulus.
  63. I. Regret. Nothing. For Horimiya. From LegionAgent. (imp)
  64. the start of this series is always pretty enjoyable For Horimiya Vol 1. From dakkumauji. (imp)
  65. Girl starts working at an ero game company. Her inexperience shows up; has some comedy as well. Thought someone would like a heads up. For EG Maker 01. From Umibozu.
  66. Looking forward to seeing her add more happiness and sugar to her life. For Happy Sugar Life 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  67. I'm usually not into reincarnated/trapped MMO LN adaptations but this one has a female protagonist (only one I've seen). For In Another World, I'm Called: The Black Healer. From kinger256. (imp)
  68. Droplet with the one shots: Gender Game, Lien no Tou Yori, and Avion en Paper.
  69. your favorite devil king, tsuntsuntsuntsun and nice girl now in high school still pretty enjoyable, Maoh is somehow more enthusiastic For Vol 1. From dakkumauji.
  70. A fun and cute start. I'm curious to see where it'll go. For Demi-chan wa Kataritai. From Zweizer. (imp)
  71. It's a story about a guy who wanted to meet supernatural beings but didn't realized that they were around him the whole time in one day. Hikari cutie 3.142 thou For Demi-chan wa Kataritai. From Sir Blaming.
  72. Pretty good collection of shorts by Kengo Hanazawa full of all the perverts, failed romances and cringe moments and a Kengo Hanazawa would hope for. So far I think the boxing match breakup story has been the best by far, but Chinpa sure is something as well... For Tokkaten. From flawfuls.
  73. I came away feeling more positive about this than it probably deserves. For Mugen no Minamo ni. From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  74. Good start to a club type BL manga. For Neon Sign Amber 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  75. I like the mix of action, comedy, and sentimental moments still taking place. For Kimi to Kore Kara. From Dedication Through Light. (hmm)
  76. A high school girl wants to become strong and cool, and thus trains to be a pro-wrestler. For Tsuyokute Kakkoii Joshi wa Suki desu ka?. From Zweizer. (imp)
  77. Good start for a end of times manga. For Nani mo Nai Kedo Sora wa Aoi 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  78. Self-explanatory title. A guy walks around town. It's a good excuse for pretty scenery drawings....which are unfortunately flipped. Also one-panel nudity warning. For The Walking Man. From Droplet.
  79. (see title) For Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 01. From Sir Blaming. (imp)
  80. Opening chapter was intriguing, looking forward to seeing where this setup's leading. For Sleeping Charon 01. From A Huge Battleship. (imp)
  81. This is both hilarious and cute~ For Takane no Hana nara Ochitekoi!!. From Zweizer. (imp)
  82. very interesting premise, I rather liked it. For Witch of the Old World (one shot). From dakkumauji. (imp)
  83. The American, Kamina Barns, joining the JPN Branch of Prada to quickly reform it is a good premise that starts off on a high note. For Ousama no Koi Asobi 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  84. Short yuri 4koma story about a librarian and a ghost. For The Princess of the Library (one shot). From Zweizer. (rev)
  85. Great art, great setting, interesting premise. For Focus 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  86. (speechless) For Dansan Joshi 01. From Akito.
  87. One of best gender identity manga I've read. Recommended for anyone not adverse to brutal murders. For Yuureitou. From kinger256. (rev)
  88. Two one-shots from the Match Girl author. For The White Witch and the Snow-Viewing Tea Party / Hitomi and Goku (one shots). From A Huge Battleship. (rev)
  89. Finally got around to reading this. I guess as expected from the Nozaki author but this is really good. For Ore-Same Teacher. From dumbyugi. (rev)
  90. A man, desperate to pay off her sister's medical bills, resorts to killing and justifies it by killing only those who are criminals. For Kimi no Knife. From kinger256. (rev)
  91. After what was a very long run of bad Ippo, these last 2 arcs rank among some of the best in the entire series. For Hajime no Ippo - Latest Two Arcs. From OniBarubary. (lol)
  92. When i finish reading it, i feel conflicted toward the whole ending. I don't know if i should be happy or sad. For Ressentiment. From striferser. (rev)
  93. A reimagination of the classic tale set in contemporary setting where, instead of fantasizing herself, the eponymous little girl dispenses fantasy-fulfilling matches to others. For The Little Match Girl. From Zweizer. (imp)
  94. Loved it my baseball jump desires finally realized. For Buddy Strike 01. From Dedication Through Light. (imp)
  95. fairly funny, good diversity of stories and heroes For Hero Union BBS. From Revo. (imp)
  96. Droplet with impressions for Cradle of the Sea and The End of Elysion.

bobohoro

The only hope for her character is if she turns into a Stalker, and then into a Yandere.

The only hope for this Manga-|OT| is if it turns into a Stalker, and then into a Yandere

too long? too long.

Domestic Na Kanojo 79

I approve of this couple.
Too bad it's gonna go dumb drama-y again soon.
The fluff always lasts way too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom