• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

4mBNz6L.png
@ "Good Ending"

TmHllYO.png
@ using superior Shokugeki cover in the OP

Will finish up Parasyte tonight or tomorrow. Need sleep zzzzz

dani_dc

I aprove of getting Jitsu wa Watashi wa on the banner.

Suzuka 41

Please stop Suzuka. Don't you realize how awkward it must be to ask that of someone who 1) was turned down by you but said he would still go after you and 2) is already in a relationship? Although screw Yamato still for going after Honoka. Also bad scans hooray.

Suzuka 42

Is your awkward conversation breaker always 'are you thirsty?' Yamato? Please.

Suzuka 43

....Well then. When she was cooking for you I was thinking you didn't deserve her ore than usual, but just needed to kick that up another notch didn't you Yamato?

Suzuka 44

Well the name of the manga ain't Honoka boy.

Suzuka 45

Holy shit Suzuka pls.

This is the part that gets everyone to break. So good.
Not rage enough for people to drop it so far though.

Nobody reads TLRD anymore~

I don't think anyone ever read TLRD, you just go through the pages instead.

dani_dc

The thing that shocked me the most with TLRD was how close to actual hentai it was.

The first time I read TLR I was unaware of what it was an was thinking to myself "where's the sex?"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To give some credit to TLRD, It hasn't reached My Balls level of lewd. Yet.

It's just sliiightly behind.

At least the people in My Balls aren't 14. I don't know how people tolerate Mikan fanservice; she's a) the MC's little sister, and b) 12.

dani_dc

At least the people in My Balls aren't 14.

In half of this mangas most of the characters look nowhere like 14, you wouldn't guess their age without knowing the premise/context of the series.

Not that it excuses their ages, but it's disingenuous to compare characters who are "14" only to appeal to a certain demographic with actual 14 year olds.

Goes check My Balls.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In half of this mangas most of the characters look nowhere like 14, you wouldn't guess their age without knowing the premise/context of the series.

Not that it excuses their ages, but it's disingenuous to compare characters who are "14" only to appeal to a certain demographic with actual 14 year olds.

Goes check My Balls.

I'm pretty sure Mikan is still like 12 and looks 12.

dani_dc

I'm pretty sure Mikan is still like 12 and looks 12.

After googling, whoever that was, I'll agree that Mikan does indeed look like a 12-14 year old girl.
I was thinking more of characters like Lala: NSFW Picture
14 year olds don't look like that.

I haven't really read TLR outside of a few chapters out of context, so my knowledge of the girls in the manga is fairly limited.

Berserk 337

KBRVW1H.gif

I haven't felt emotions like this from Berserk for a long, long time.

Edit:
8eb8a60950.jpg

FUCK I hope this doesn't mean there's no set date for the next chapter, I guess it didn't just say 'TIL NEXT TIME

dani_dc

Oh yeah, uh, make sure no one's around.

Will do, probably wait until everyone is asleep to play it safe.

I really think you guys are too hard on Suzuka.
The manga or the character?
Because if we're talking about the character I'll disagree.

Berserk 337

KBRVW1H.gif

I haven't felt emotions like this from Berserk for a long, long time.

It's out? Time to stop checking the thread until I read the chapter.

dani_dc

Hajime no Ippo 1073

Everyone worried about Ippo, Takamura going to get some truths next chapter, though I don't expect him to be "mean" just for the sake of being mean.

Berserk 337

haha Rickert, that was fucking boss.

also we are still not sure what Griffith's deal is even now.

now for Elf Island (LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)

Nana to Kaoru Ch. 1-4
I'm curious to see just how lewd this gets in the long run, but so far the thing that weirds me out is how some pages have so many speech bubbles and narration boxes scattered all over that I nearly seem to lose my place, switching back and forth between them and such.

I can't think of any other manga that has done something quite like that.

Zweizer

Banned
Nana to Kaoru Ch. 1-4
I'm curious to see just how lewd this gets in the long run, but so far the thing that weirds me out is how some pages have so many speech bubbles and narration boxes scattered all over that I nearly seem to lose my place, switching back and forth between them and such.

Yeah the author, Ryuta Amazume, tends to do that a lot.

So now that Toyko Ghoul is on the OT banner, what are you still reading Suzuka for?

Probably to change the title.

I don't see why. It's perfectly fine.

Nana to Kaoru Ch. 1-4

Read Medaka Box

Suzuka 31

Poor Honoka, and Suzuka is going because the MC is going…

Suzuka 32

…and then spends all the day without talking or being with the guy…what the fuck? Why did she went then?

And of course she’s randomly nice one second and then give him the cold shoulder.

Suzuka 33

“Hey! At least she doesn’t hate me”… the manga should be called: “there’s no way my MC is this idiot”.

And she had to be a stupid tsundere in the worst possible moment, both are idiots…

Suzuka 34

And know she’s being a bitch after telling him that?...but then few hours later she decides to be nice….

And Honoka goes for the kill, damn that a lot of sudden bravery for a girl that was ok watching his love from affar for years… :/

Suzuka 35

Is Suzuka really not even a bit bothered about what happened?....Also:
- I want to stay forever with you
- What did she mean by that?
Really?....

Suzuka 36-37

After ignoring her during all the manga, the MC decides is ok to start a relationship with Honoka…although is clearly he dosn’t really feel the same as with Suzuka….this is gonna end badly (for Honoka, obviously)

And of course Suzuka has to be nice to him randomly after that.

At least some tits as a relief from all this stupidity…

Suzuka 38

Of course she will act like is totally ok for her…

Suzuka 39-40

The MC is a special kind of idiot.
Suzuka is back again to her bipolar disorder self.
So the usual…

Suzuka 41-42

MC’s mother is quite the MILF and she knows his son is an idiot, 10/10 character.

Suzuka is clearly pissed about MC having another girl and he being nice towards her, but then again she was the first one refusing him and being cold. But of course, later on, she decides to stay one more night, go with him for a walk and fake a confession, insinuating she wouldn’t mind it was real.

/facepalm

Suzuka 43

Poor Honoka already feels the reality of his shallow relationship with the MC. And MC keeps using Honoka to try to deny his feelings for Suzuka, he deserves a punch to the face…

Suzuka 44-45

So basically MC almost raped Honoka to forget Suzuka and Honoka forgives him that easily?....jeez

Rage level: INCREASING

dani_dc

Berserk 337

Berserk comes around so little and this chapter was so good that I'm going to spoiler tag this just to make extra sure no one accidentally gets spoiled.

That slap was satisfying as heck.
It was great to see a character in the series separating Griffith as a human from his current being. Wonder if there will be any consequences of this.

Himouto Umaru-chan 71-76

I like that Umaru refers to herself in third person :3

Itoshi no Karin 1-17

Got interested since Manga-Gaf seems to enjoy it. Glad I read this

Parasyte has 60+ chapters huh, I was under impression it's less than 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom