• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Isn't Valkyria Rev a bit of a rubbish offshoot of the Valkyria series? I'd be tempted if it's not, although I still have never finished Chronicles and don't quite get the fuss.

Some cool looking games there though, that at least suggest good fun. If reviews for Poi, Goliath, AereA and Ghost of a Tale are good, tempted...

Oynox

Okay, what are some of the best games on sale right now?

Considering Crypt of the Necrodancer, Rogue Legacy and The Touring Test. More?

zorbsie

Shit couple games I want this week...

Poi for some nice platforming action

Ghost of a Tale game preview

And have Valkyria Revolution on way from Amazon.

https://news.xbox.com/2017/06/24/next-week-on-xbox-upcoming-games-june-26-july-2/

After buying some of the Deep sale games and then Grim Legends 2 & Broken Age my bank account is hating me!

Oh man, a good week. I'm looking at Poi, Crazy Strike Bowling EX, Marvel Heroes, Ghost of a Tale and Goliath. Will get Poi and Marvel Heroes for sure, will wait and see pricing on the others. My backlog keeps laughing at me. :)

Ohmbrew

Has anyone heard much about AereA? Looks interesting. I may have to dig more into it.

Edit - just looked up some Steam reviews. Not looking so hot as per the reviews. I'll have to wait for more impressions.

Oh man, a good week. I'm looking at Poi, Crazy Strike Bowling EX, Marvel Heroes, Ghost of a Tale and Goliath. Will get Poi and Marvel Heroes for sure, will wait and see pricing on the others. My backlog keeps laughing at me. :)
Ya the backlog is hurting haha. I should be done Walking Dead Michonne this week though. But I've bought 3 games since I started that...lol

Montresor

I finished Monochroma the other day. 2.5/5. Its Limbo/Inside-lite. Not a very good game. But it has some good moments. The game has an incredible art style but very rough visuals, if that makes sense. There's not a lot of polish to the game. Animations are clunky. Jumping can look and feel awkward in the game. I can't help but compare the game to Inside and which awesome animations by comparison. Despite that the game does its job of playing like a semi-decent cinematic puzzle platformer well enough. It's just a mediocre game through and through.

Also, Monochroma has a glitched collectible achievement which is pretty annoying. It's not affecting my score though - it's a 2.5 because the game is simply mediocre.

For the best games of this sale are: Pneuma Breath Of Life, The Turing Test, Broken Sword 5, and The Bridge.

Is get even worth it?

The Review thread on the main gaming forum has some really good impressions from gaf members. Looks like a pretty damn good game but has a steep price. I will wait for a sale or disc version (if any) since I have other stuff to play.

Montresor

Also did anyone here end up playing Grim Legends 2? I felt it was back up to the level of quality I expect from these Artifex Mundi games. Meaning back to a 4/5 - really solid game. Their games were never amazing/incredible. Just really good, unique escapism with satisfying hidden object game play. The other two recent games, Dark Acana and Lost Grimoires, were weaker.

Grim Legends 2 was good stuff though. Seemed like the hardest game the dev has made so far. I had to look up solutions to two different puzzles. Never did that in an Artifex Mundi game before.

Fuck I'm so glad Banjo Kazooie last year was all like "Just try Nightmares from the Deep it's fun!"

I had almost written off the game because it didn't look so hot. But fast forward to today and I've played 10 of their games so far and really enjoyed them.

I have to say though that after 10 games, you can easily see the repetition of certain puzzle gimmicks. I don't mind the prolific nature of Artifex Mundi's release schedule but I could see how someone wouldve been tired of these games by the fifth or sixth one. Still, I'd like to see them coming still.

It's neat that EVERY single one of their games has a female lead too.

I grabbed "Turn On" during this indie sale. It's a nice relaxing game but some parts of it get in my nerves. It's traditional platforming levels are very laid back, easy, br enjoyable. The "on rails" levels are annoying with the difficulty spike to the point where I want to chuck my controller.

I'd decent so far, maybe a 3/5

Also did anyone here end up playing Grim Legends 2? I felt it was back up to the level of quality I expect from these Artifex Mundi games. Meaning back to a 4/5 - really solid game. Their games were never amazing/incredible. Just really good, unique escapism with satisfying hidden object game play. The other two recent games, Dark Acana and Lost Grimoires, were weaker.

Grim Legends 2 was good stuff though. Seemed like the hardest game the dev has made so far. I had to look up solutions to two different puzzles. Never did that in an Artifex Mundi game before.

Fuck I'm so glad Banjo Kazooie last year was all like "Just try Nightmares from the Deep it's fun!"

I had almost written off the game because it didn't look so hot. But fast forward to today and I've played 10 of their games so far and really enjoyed them.

I have to say though that after 10 games, you can easily see the repetition of certain puzzle gimmicks. I don't mind the prolific nature of Artifex Mundi's release schedule but I could see how someone wouldve been tired of these games by the fifth or sixth one. Still, I'd like to see them coming still.

It's neat that EVERY single one of their games has a female lead too.
I'm glad you gave it a try! Nightmares and Enigmatis series have been ace so far, and I did enjoy the first Grim Legends so I'm glad to hear this one is on par!

I totally agree that the others so far have not been stellar. Series wise I would go:

Nightmares from the Deep (both)
Enigmatis (both)
Grim Legends (maybe this will swap w Enigmatis after I play the 2nd)
Clockwork Tales
Lost Grimoires
Eventide
Dark Arcana

Hoping they bring Clockwork Tales 2 next. I also kinda wish they would focus on bringing over entire series at a time instead of jumping between them. Like, I don't want to have to wait a year for Nightmares 3 which has been on PC for a while, while they bring over a completely different series' first entry

eastx

Both Rogue Legacy and Crypt of the NecroDancer are must-buys IMO. Crypt can be too hard for its own good, but if you have the time and patience to dedicate to it, it's so special and fulfilling.

Vert boil

Released today,

Crazy Strike Bowling EX - 13$, 4.98GB.

Poi - 20$, 1.17GB.

New Pre-Order,

Serial Cleaner (+copy of The Swindle) - 15$

Vert boil

I don't know what that Dying game is, but based on the screenshots and cover art I know I want to play it.

Is it a China exclusive?

At least on Xbox it's China only atm. Publishers seem to be different between the different platforms so who knows. I don't think the BesTV/MS collab has been involved in any of the Chinese games that have come to the west.

-----
Eagle (new character) is the free character in Killer Instinct atm.

I don't know what that Dying game is, but based on the screenshots and cover art I know I want to play it.

Is it a China exclusive?

At least on Xbox it's China only atm. Publishers seem to be different between the different platforms so who knows. I don't think the BesTV/MS collab has been involved in any of the Chinese games that have come to the west.

-----

Seems to be a free-to-play game, right? I am not seem a price on the website. I will check it later on the console.

Vert boil

Seems to be a free-to-play game, right? I am not seem a price on the website. I will check it later on the console.

They stopped surfacing that info when they switched from xbox.com to the MS store. No idea what it costs or if Chinese stuff can be bought outside the console anymore.

-----

E-Home Entertainment is the name of their venture and has helped bring some of the games to the west

https://news.microsoft.com/2014/04/...ne-to-china-in-september/#GePp73KxHUJrIyq8.97

Games they brought to the west:
Goliath (releases soon)
Candleman
Mr Pumpkin Adventure
Monkey King Saga

Chinese published games besides the above:
Just Dance 2017
Raiden V
Your Toy
Attack Heroes

They stopped surfacing that info when they switched from xbox.com to the MS store. No idea what it costs or if Chinese stuff can be bought outside the console anymore.

It was never possible to buy games from the website, it justa displayed the pruces and a message that you can buy it from the consoles.

But you are right that it seems prices are not show anymore since the switch. Will check later anyway.

Vert boil

E-Home Entertainment is the name of their venture and has helped bring some of the games to the west

https://news.microsoft.com/2014/04/...ne-to-china-in-september/#GePp73KxHUJrIyq8.97

Games they brought to the west:
Goliath (releases soon)
Candleman
Mr Pumpkin Adventure
Monkey King Saga

Chinese published games besides the above:
Just Dance 2017
Raiden V
Your Toy
Attack Heroes

Brainfart my end on that one. It's marked as being published by Shanghai Baijiahe Information Technology and news articles used that name for the original announcement. My noggin' didn't link things up. 😵

Brainfart my end on that one. It's marked as being published by Shanghai Baijiahe Information Technology and news articles used that name for the original announcement. My noggin' didn't link things up. 😵
Yep I think E-Home is just the western facing name for that company, they are one in the same :)

Montresor

Just finished the main campaign in Wolfenstein The Old Blood. That was really good. It was like a bite-sized version of The New Order. Awesome mix of stealth and action. It had two incredible cutscenes that elevated the game for me:
the scene where Jager tortures BJ and the scene where BJ serves Helga wine (that scene reminded me so much of the La Louisiana scene in Inglourious Basterds

Montresor

Anyone here need a Very Rare item for the new achievement in Rocket League's DLC?

If I don't get a taker here by Saturday then I'll give it to someone on TrueAchievements - that's where I got it from anyhow. Someone really nice just gave it to me for free so I could get the achievement. I want to give it to someone else so they can get the achievement too.

My gamertag is OdadjianActual - hit me up (and let me know your GAFusername) if you're interesting.

Anyone here need a Very Rare item for the new achievement in Rocket League's DLC?

If I don't get a taker here by Saturday then I'll give it to someone on TrueAchievements - that's where I got it from anyhow. Someone really nice just gave it to me for free so I could get the achievement. I want to give it to someone else so they can get the achievement too.

My gamertag is OdadjianActual - hit me up (and let me know your GAFusername) if you're interesting.

Hey, my gamertag is the same as here :) I'd love one, also happy to pass it back to you after or on to someone else on GaF.

I don't know how interesting I am though :(

Montresor

Finished the mop-up (for achievements) in Wolfenstein The Old Blood. I got 800/1000. I'm not going to bother with any of the challenge achievements - they look totally uninteresting. But the main game was incredible! Definitely a solid 4.5/5 game. Can't wait for The New Colossus. Got it pre-ordered.

For my next game I'll be playing AC Syndicate.

And I'm going to play a smaller indie game alongside it (since Syndicate is like a 60+ hour huge adventure). Can't decide between Little Nightmares and Thimbleweed Park (bought them both recently in the ultimate sale).

Finished the mop-up (for achievements) in Wolfenstein The Old Blood. I got 800/1000. I'm not going to bother with any of the challenge achievements - they look totally uninteresting. But the main game was incredible! Definitely a solid 4.5/5 game. Can't wait for The New Colossus. Got it pre-ordered.

For my next game I'll be playing AC Syndicate.

And I'm going to play a smaller indie game alongside it (since Syndicate is like a 60+ hour huge adventure). Can't decide between Little Nightmares and Thimbleweed Park (bought them both recently in the ultimate sale).

Yea, I feel the same way about the Wolfenstein Old blood.. those achievements are annoying. I tried but then I was like for it. I enjoyed the game thought, can't wait to play the new one.

norm9

Wasn't sure where to ask this question, but this thread seemed the most related.

So I had started downloading Mordor GOTY edition a few days ago. Downloaded a couple MBs before deciding to pause it.

I take my external hard drive over to my bud's house and download the entire game, fully updated since he has fast internet. Bring it home and press play. It keeps trying to download the previous update even though it's already downloaded. The only option on the update screen is to uninstall, but that would uninstall the whole thing. So I go the game hub and try to launch there, but it starts the update again. I click the x to stop the download and next thing you know, my entire 36 GB game is gone. Poof.

Anyone ever have the same problem?

speedomodel

Man, I am struggle SO HARD to finish Batman Telltale Series. I loved Wolf Among Us and enjoyed some of the others, but man...I think this is the last Telltale game for me..

Montresor

Hey, my gamertag is the same as here :) I'd love one, also happy to pass it back to you after or on to someone else on GaF.

I don't know how interesting I am though :(

So because of somescheduling issues irrotational and I have never been able to meet up on Rocket League to pass him the Very Rare item for that new achievement.

If anyone wants it let me know. I think someone other than irrotational already messaged me on XBL and I waslike "sorry bruv, irrotational's my man". That person didn't give me their neogaf username though. If you message me on XBL, just let me know your actual GAF username please.

BeeNee101

Neo Member
Man, I am struggle SO HARD to finish Batman Telltale Series. I loved Wolf Among Us and enjoyed some of the others, but man...I think this is the last Telltale game for me..
Last year I played Walking Dead Season 2 (fairly decent but not as good as Season One) and then followed it up with the Telltale Game of Thrones series.....my word, it was boring, depressing and generally not that much fun. That gave me a reason to put any other telltale games on hold for a while.

I decided to fire up Tales from the Borderlands last weekend, and had a blast! The mechanics of any telltale game does start to feel a bit dated and contrived these days, but at least the story was fun.

Top Bottom