• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Just got the game the other day and I'm enjoying it a lot. Played Paris numerous times before trying out the next episode. Having fun trying to figure out how to hide the delivery man or if that's even the best route for me to take.
Im currently trying out the safehouse starting point, disguised myself as a chef and took out the guy with an exploding golf ball.so satisfying!
Feels like the only wrong way to approach a kill is the way that doesn't work at all. Love that sandbox feel to it, my memory might be hazy but it reminds me of the earlier Hitman games.

Question: the only way to unlock starting weapons is through level mastery?

Moff

Just got the game the other day and I'm enjoying it a lot. Played Paris numerous times before trying out the next episode. Having fun trying to figure out how to hide the delivery man or if that's even the best route for me to take.
Im currently trying out the safehouse starting point, disguised myself as a chef and took out the guy with an exploding golf ball.so satisfying!
Feels like the only wrong way to approach a kill is the way that doesn't work at all. Love that sandbox feel to it, my memory might be hazy but it reminds me of the earlier Hitman games.

Question: the only way to unlock starting weapons is through level mastery?

most of them, there are also some rewards for certain challenges

4 new bonus episodes!

New: Patient Zero Campaign
After the routine elimination of a target, a contingency plan to unleash a global pandemic is triggered and Agent 47 must race against the clock to prevent a virus from spreading. This four-mission campaign spans different locations in the game, each one re-worked from the original settings with new gameplay opportunities, disguises, characters, challenges, gameplay mechanics, AI behaviour and HUD elements. Bangkok, Sapienza, Colorado and Hokkaido look and feel completely different with a new time of day and new custom music created by the composer for Season One, Niels Bye Nielsen.

new costumes and weapons!

New: Clown Suit and ‘A New Bat’
Corky the Clown is back! This fan-favourite from Blood Money returns in HITMAN and his red wig, colourful socks and giant shoes look better than ever! Not only does the clown suit look great, but it’s the only way to carry his signature weapon without attracting attention. ‘A New Bat’ will trigger custom sound and visual effects every time it is used.

New: Raven Suit and ‘Sieger 300 Ghost’
Where tactical meets practical and stylish, you’ll find the Raven Suit. This is the perfect choice for Agent 47’s sniper operations. The Raven Suit is black and charcoal with the finest gloves and pockets for every tool. The Sieger 300 Ghost is a unique ICA variant of the Sieger 300 and the all-black rifle perfectly matches the Raven Suit for high-precision, high-damage long-range engagements. It’s got a supressor, an extended scope with four levels of zoom and the Marksman perk, which allows you to improve your aim and slow time.

New: Cowboy Suit and ‘The Striker’
The Cowboy suit is steel blue on patriotic white and comes complete with a beautiful set of albino alligator boots, sunglasses and a cowboy hat as pure as Colorado snow. Naturally, the belt buckle is the size of your fist. Accompanying this suit is The Striker; a magnum pistol that packs one hell of a punch. Not only does it have increased damage at all ranges, it also knocks back targets and has piercing rounds.

elusives are being re-runed for those who "missed' them(like disc buyers)

– Elusive Target Re-activation
Starting in November, we will re-activate Elusive Targets. If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you’ve already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won’t be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET’s will still be time-limited and the first one will be re-activated shortly after the release of our Game of the Year Edition on November 7th.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-goty-edition-announcement/

MUnited83

For you.
Hope you peeps enjoy the new content, it looks awesome and some of the updates to the contracts modes are amazing. Never expected so much content to come out, even if it's a paid one. It easily looks worth the money.
This is my last post on GAF and you Hitman peeps are cool. See ya and feel free to reach me at Hitmanforums or on Steam for Hitman stuff.

Kalor

That's a cool update. Didn't think they'd do four separate bonus missions. I won't be posting in here again but maybe I'll see some of you at ResetEra.

xviper

the new missions has no level, and no unlocks, what a big fucking disappointment and a big fucking waste of money

xviper

even the free bonus missions had more content than the 20$ missions and weren't pointless like the 20$ missions

this is why i'm pissed at the episodic shit, it fucked up the entire game, and this bullshit "missions" are an example of that

MaKTaiL

even the free bonus missions had more content than the 20$ missions and weren't pointless like the 20$ missions

this is why i'm pissed at the episodic shit, it fucked up the entire game, and this bullshit "missions" are an example of that
You know you don't HAVE to buy it right? They are not even part of the episodic structure. They are not even part of a new Season either. They are just small bonus missions that were made available to support the devs (which went independent lately and need the money). Stop whining.

MaKTaiL

Any impressions on the GOTY content? Was thinking of picking it up.

I liked it a lot. Worth $20 IMO (it's been 2 years since I pre-ordered Season 1 so I haven't spent a dime on Hitman since then so I was more than happy to pay for the GOTY upgrade). I ranked the new mission below:

1- Pacient Zero (Hokkaido): awesome mission with a unique mechanic in it that will blow your mind when you play it for the first time. It can get pretty chaotic.

2- The Author (Sapienza): great mission with a spooky/Halloween vibe to it.

3- The Vector (Colorado): sniper challenge map, this one is very divisive but I liked it. It's a great mission to test the new Sieger 300 Ghost Sniper Rifle which has 4x zoom and you can slow down time for precision.

4- The Source (Bangkok): first mission in the new campaign and the weakest IMO. Only one side of the hotel has been changed and there aren't a lot of opportunities to kill the targets. Just OK.

About the new weapons:

1- Sieger 300 Ghost: the new go to sniper from now on. You get 4x zoom, slow-time precision and softer gun sounds.

2- Striker Pistol: great pistol for fun. It is very powerful and can knock back a target when you fire. It also has piercing rounds so you can kill two birds with one stone.

3- The New Bat: I'm never gonna use it TBH but it's a fun item to use with the Clown Suit.

The three new suits are also pretty good but they are just cosmetic so you may like one more than the other. I hope I helped you. If you are a really big fan of the new Hitman and you want to support IO now that they became independent then I say go for it. ;)

Top Bottom