• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA: FoA |OT| F2P Now on Steam! Parade coming after HL3

Lucc

Dreadnaught will cost around 10-100k perpiece depending on how lucky u are. i'd start rolling for it and try to enchant/reroll it (weapon first) slowly. no rush. Schisma is enough. Playimg the class right will have more impact than any gear upgrade.

I reccommend +12 your schisma first. as said enchanting it is like day and night comparer to dreadnaught. be ready to be frustrated once you start enchanting DN. you also get all your feedstock back once you upgrade.

boots are perfekt. gloves are missing an atk speed roll, chest needs arcane barrage dmg.

DrAg0nBoY

Thank you. Will try to rerrol my boots as soon as I get some more spellbind. The chest will have to wait.

So I guess I should do all the dungeons daily (should I start with hard mode or not yet till I get +12?)

Everything else should be vanguard missions?

Lucc

The boots are fine.^^

You will probably be kicked from the group if you aren't in full +12 in HM dungeons. I know, it seems like a waste to fully enchant your Schisma if you are gonna upgrade it ayways but unless you grind on 2-3 toons every day at once it'll take you weeks to have a full Dreadnaught set with proper rolls at +12. Upgrading the Schisma is worth it imo.

Do the normal dungeons first then the HM versions. Try to watch youtube videos and read guides b4 entering. there are some very nasty mechanics. essentialmana.com is an excellent resource to read up on dungeon mechanics.

To make money it would be optimal to do 3 dungeons and 13 x Tar mission (maybe win a BG, too) but kind of boring and grindy. I just try to get my 20 missions a week done coz i'm lazy^^

Oh yeah, the belt needs some crit chance or power on it. but don't reroll it. just grab a new one in channelworks or KC.

DrAg0nBoY

Yeah I meant my gloves, lol. And I had 4 different belts. I need to see if I kept them or thrown them away (altough I think I don't have those stats there either).

But got most of my stuff to +12 I think (the boots are there, everything almost there). Will try the TAR stuff, but I don't like to stand there and shout to join a party (that's why I like the matchmaking so much :D).

edit: Well did the TAR runs, was easier and quicker than I thought. Got my gear to +12. Now I should go at Kallivan normal mode I guess?

Lucc

yeah, KalivanD NM = Dreadnaught gear. Depending on your luck you'll spend quite some time in there. That's the next step in progression. It's pretty much the same as KC but without the red indicators on the ground. learn the mechanics coz you'll eventually want to do the hard mode version, too.

Same goes for Bathysmal Rise HM and Timescape. You'll get some jewellery upgrades there.

Try to do some alliance quests when you have time. In the long run this is a good investment because you get access to the alliance enchanters which have a slightly higher enchantment success rate (If the Exarch unlocks the Gold Enchanter the rate is doubled).

DrAg0nBoY

The problem I have now is, that I haven't goten into any party for those dungeons. The matchmaking goes on and on and on ...

I applied to some guilds. I have no idea how that works and if I get into a guild or not.

Btw. NeOak I wanted to send you a friend request but you have a full friend list.

NeOak

The problem I have now is, that I haven't goten into any party for those dungeons. The matchmaking goes on and on and on ...

I applied to some guilds. I have no idea how that works and if I get into a guild or not.

Btw. NeOak I wanted to send you a friend request but you have a full friend list.

Send me an in game mail and I'll end you a friend request back.

Also, try to whisper me in game (type /w Serena) during the night since i'm usually at that time. For now.

DrAg0nBoY

NeOak sent you an email.

So I just did Kallivan normal and saw what you meant with having a guild. I was in a group and some were complaining that I had white crystals in my weapon slot. One guy even left the group (thank god).

We did finish the dungeon with almost no problems. I mean I have everything else perfect (did some rerolls on my weapon and armor) and people really complain about crystals. I mean ... I would buy better crystals but I don't have any money right now (got about 1k gold, lol).

Oh and I got into a guild, but there are only 7 or 8 people that are lvl 65 and I don't know if I saw more than 10 people online at the same time ...

Lucc

Are you doing Ghillieglade? It's a pretty quick solo dungeon you can repeat and as of right now is the best gold/time ratio in the game (if you do the Hard version which is very easy as a gunner -> youtube).

You can buy teleport scrolls there from the vanguard vendors.

Or if you have elite you can quadruple your gold yield in that dungeon (about 2.4k in 20 min every day). I'm not sure if it is still useable but if you log into your account management and go to "Enter Code", type in "elitefreedays". That should give you 3 days of elite for free. If you do it smart (dungeons reset 1pm CET) you can earn almost 10k in those 3 days just from the gold reward.

It also drops Masterwork Alkahest and Crystal Boxed pretty frequently.

NeOak

LOL

So next content patch is in March.

"New cash shop!"
"New VIP program"

RIP TERA.

The forums are in full riot mode. They have banned people I know and who have canceled their Elite sub.

ShinMaruku

LOL

So next content patch is in March.

"New cash shop!"
"New VIP program"

RIP TERA.

The forums are in full riot mode. They have banned people I know and who have canceled their Elite sub.

Tera should be fine. Them and that cash shop and vip thing is probably them trying to moitivize better a smaller player base, I'll look foward to how they deal with the fall out. The sad thing is a bunch of people going on a Black Desert will find the same exact problem if not worse because how the end game thing. Bewb and Soul may have it's time in the sun for once.

Azzurri

SO I've been playing Tera a little bit and I'm having a good time. I really love the combat system. The game seems to be popular especially on the MT PvP server.

I don't know how long I'll stick around considering Theme Park MMO's don't really hold my attention for real long, but I'm having a fun time none the less, and I love the customization in the game. Yes, even those crazy outta immersion ones too.

DrAg0nBoY

Sorry for the bump but I am feeling myself getting back into Tera. Is the new event any good? I mean is it worth it farming all those things?

Lucc

Hey! I'd say no. Grab them when you come across but it's not worth it to farm them specifically.

It kind of makes Ghillieglade worth it again after the gold nerf though.

NeOak

So this happened today

cQDxz4g.png

NeOak

Today, TERA took one step closer to become P2W.

Well, the dragons have a fucking retarded buff and you can only get them from RNG boxes. Which cost 5 bucks each.

And RIP the guild bank. Now to get the stuff back, I need to run dungeons and there is only me in Believe.

So either I join another guild to do anything or i'm SOL.

Today, TERA took one step closer to become P2W.

Well, the dragons have a fucking retarded buff and you can only get them from RNG boxes. Which cost 5 bucks each.

And RIP the guild bank. Now to get the stuff back, I need to run dungeons and there is only me in Believe.

So either I join another guild to do anything or i'm SOL.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

what the what what

????

... i guess i should check in this game and find out

sigh

ShinMaruku

I just recently came back after spending enough time in bewb and soul and will now flit betwixt these two games. Valkyrie is just what the doctor ordered for me, I fixed my settings, the game runs much better, it is repsonsive and I need to get ready for the console version where we can side step of of the other fuckery going on.

Szadek

Funny that someone else bought this thread back, since I also felt like playing this game again.
I'm from europe, so playing with other gaffer is rather difficult, which sucks, but I don't mind too much.
Mostly I just want to kick ass with an adorable fox girl... that can also tank.

Top Bottom