• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3: Spoilers thread because people can't read titles good

So, I have a question that I thought was going to be answered in Gears of War 2 but wasn't even mentioned. What exactly were those lab creature monstrosities from the lab section of Gears 2? I thought the storyline was going to be that humans attempted to make an elite fighting force to fight in the Pendulum Wars. Those lab creatures were version 1.0 and weren't very good. However humans eventually did make the locust but they managed to get out. This would explain why the locust queen Myah (spelling?) looks human. Anyone have any ideas on what they were?

Quicksilver4648 said:
So, I have a question that I thought was going to be answered in Gears of War 2 but wasn't even mentioned. What exactly were those lab creature monstrosities from the lab section of Gears 2? I thought the storyline was going to be that humans attempted to make an elite fighting force to fight in the Pendulum Wars. Those lab creatures were version 1.0 and weren't very good. However humans eventually did make the locust but they managed to get out. This would explain why the locust queen Myah (spelling?) looks human. Anyone have any ideas on what they were?

According to what has been posted by the devs on the official forums, the Sires were miners who were exposed to imulsion and mutated as a result. The idea is that the Locust were originally human and gradually mutated as a result of the imulsion when they lived underground. The Sires have no direct relation to the Locust in the game, they're simply a product of the same mutations that created the Locust.

Seth Balmore founds the quotes from the devs and posted them here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31231696&postcount=227

kuYuri

FHIZ said:
Mad World was the nail in the coffin for me.

I really did like the ending. Just end it, no "ITS NOT OVER!" post credits crap, just the end, and that's it.

Question, was there stuff in the Gears novels and comics to suggest Anya and Marcus have the hots for each other? I had that thought in my head, but never saw anything to base it off of until the final scene, so it was kind of surprising.
I'm not sure where at the moment, but it has definitely been shown that Anya and Marcus have something for each other, but put it aside because of the war.

The novels explicitly say that Marcus and Anya are an item, the other characters mention it time and again. Don't worry, you don't get to read any of their mushy moments (I'm starting to wonder if there ARE any mushy moments at all).

I almost cheered when Carmine picked up his helmet at the end it would have sucked if he had just died. I would have liked to have learnt a little more about Baird since everyone's had their moment to shine but him but that'll probably be DLC. I was also expecting Griffin to turn up at the end and help but since he's still plotting revenge that could be another piece of DLC. I've got a few questions:

Where did Baird and Cole go when Marcus went to get fuel?

How did the Locusts get through the Maelstrom and inside the hotel?

This question has probably been asked a million times but why does the Queen look like a human?

BattleMedic said:
I almost cheered when Carmine picked up his helmet at the end it would have sucked if he had just died. I would have liked to have learnt a little more about Baird since everyone's had their moment to shine but him but that'll probably be DLC. I was also expecting Griffin to turn up at the end and help but since he's still plotting revenge that could be another piece of DLC. I've got a few questions:

Where did Baird and Cole go when Marcus went to get fuel?

How did the Locusts get through the Maelstrom and inside the hotel?

This question has probably been asked a million times but why does the Queen look like a human?
Because she is. Locust are - presumably - humans that evolved due to living underground and imulsion exposure. Myrrah's probably a human descendant of some of the early Imulsion miners. If you want further proof: the machine at the end left her unharmed, as all around the planet the Locust and Lambent were dying out. She didn't birth the Locust, but maybe she did unite them under one "banner", that seems plausible. The Locust definitely seem to have been around for a fucking long time and Myrrah isn't that old, so I'm assuming her presence really kicked the Locust war machine into motion, maybe when she saw what the Imulsion was doing to them.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I loved how every time Adam Fenix was about to say something that would deepen the plot his son told him to shut up and talk about it later.

KorrZ

Dom's death scene was so well done. I honestly did not expect that level of emotion out of a Gears game. I've watched the scene a few times now and they just nailed it, even using a song like Mad World which is overplayed for depressing scenes, it just worked. I'd say making me feel effected by the death of a character that I didn't even really care about in the first place is a job well done.

clav

Sorry CliffyB. I didn't like Gears 3's story at all. It was the cheesiest in the trilogy.

Gears 1 still has the best campaign.

The plot was very predictable as the game foreshadowed characters' deaths through their ominous actions (e.g. Dom hangs COG tags; Marcus's father gifts Baird his research).

The final boss battle just dragged. I was getting a God of War final boss battle vibe from it: frustrating and stupid. In fact, all the boss battles in the entire series was just not good. 3 just highlighted with every boss battle it had. The boss battles in Horde shit on the campaign ones, so I was expecting those kinds of battles when I played Horde online. Very very disappointed.

I did not enjoy Act I, II, and IV. Stealth just does not work in Gears. I'll admit you had me laughing at the Cole Train scene.

The parts that I did enjoy were Act III Chapter 1 and Act V when the island rains.

Fetch quests are not a good way to extend a game. There's a reason why Halo 3 and the last parts of Bioshock were not liked.

tl;dr Gears's beauty is in multiplayer. Single player, not so much.

-----------------------

There's a plot hole in the highway scene when Marcus, Dom, Sam, Anya, Jace, and Dizzy took two pick up trucks and a big rig to get fuel in the city.

Dizzy was driving the big rig.

Marcus and Anya were on Jace's pick up truck.

Who drove the truck for Dom and Sam?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I feel like the world is tiny in this game. The boat is just near Cole's hometown which is within walking...uh, gasballooning distance to Sam's, which is within driving distance to Mercy, which is where Maria is from, which is not far from Char.

I dunno, minor complaint, but like....this is a planet. And I feel like we see one very tiny part of it.

This game shits on 2 though.

clav

After watching the Dust trailer again, the situation for the humans doesn't seem as dire as the game played out to be.

Kusagari

Blue Ninja said:
Because she is. Locust are - presumably - humans that evolved due to living underground and imulsion exposure. Myrrah's probably a human descendant of some of the early Imulsion miners. If you want further proof: the machine at the end left her unharmed, as all around the planet the Locust and Lambent were dying out. She didn't birth the Locust, but maybe she did unite them under one "banner", that seems plausible. The Locust definitely seem to have been around for a fucking long time and Myrrah isn't that old, so I'm assuming her presence really kicked the Locust war machine into motion, maybe when she saw what the Imulsion was doing to them.

But why was she the only Locust to maintain her human qualities? Even the Locust generals like Skorge and RAAM were pretty much mindless.

Volimar

Y2Kev said:
I feel like the world is tiny in this game. The boat is just near Cole's hometown which is within walking...uh, gasballooning distance to Sam's, which is within driving distance to Mercy, which is where Maria is from, which is not far from Char.

I dunno, minor complaint, but like....this is a planet. And I feel like we see one very tiny part of it.

This game shits on 2 though.

The series suffers from right around the corner syndrome.

The lightmass bomb in 1 couldn't possibly have covered the entire planet with those bombs, but we just accept that they do.

In 2, the hollow, and specifically the queen's palace, is conveniently situated close to Jacinto.

Just nitpicking, it's a minor annoyance.

Jin

Bernie was Australian? Jesus, I thought she had a Brooklyn accent lol.

I would like to see more of Myrrah. Her character had great design and VA.

Edit: My favorite scene is the end when Marcus stabs Myrrah. No long speeches or any gory death scenes. Just one quick stab and a word for Dom.

Jhoan

I beat it over an hour ago. Like many of you have already said, it leaves a ton of questions unanswered. Adam was hinting that he was gonna die because the camera panned to the Immulsion bottle and he told Anya and Marcus that they would have to continue living. The Griffin "I'll have my revenge" thing was dumb. I felt pretty bad for Myrrah getting killed off after all that work.

There's a ton of self-sacrifice in the series in general. The ending was give or take expected; it was o.k., not good or "holy crap good.' It's very similar to Bulletstorm's ending, but maybe that's just me. I was expecting an epilogue cut scene or something like that after the credits showing the future.

Dom's death was totally unexpected. While I didn't shed a tear, I shook my head in disbelief when it happened. It was pretty sad. The tagline "Brothers to the end' really did mean it. Poor Sam who doesn't have nobody to hook up with any more except for Baird.

Jace was a pretty good character even if he didn't get much screen time as well as Sam and Carmine. I hope Bernie gets more screen time in the DLC along with the secondary characters.

The last boss battle wasn't Gears of War 1 frustrating, nor Gears 2 disappointingly easy so it was good. Marcus looked kind of doofy in the end with the hair.

And holy crap at the visuals. So many gorgeous sets and vistas. Gears would make a great RPG; the towns all looked fantastic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finished the game earlier today. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot. This is indeed, probably Epics best, most polished game they've ever made. Gears 3 is indeed "we get it right this time." I don't even know where to start.

In general, I felt that there was a reduction in "setpieces" from Gears 2 and that helped the game a lot. I know it's nice to see explosions and shit everywhere, but in Gears 2 it felt very excessive in order to justify the grander scale of it all. Which is great, but this felt more refined. The encounters so much more refined. Refined is the word of the day.

I cared more for the characters this time around. I think the facial animation has a lot to do with it, I was fairly impressed with it overall. The scenes where Adam Fenix died and Dom died really provoked the emotion and made me go "Damn." Dom died so early it felt, and that felt real to me, they didn't save it for some massive blowout of events at the end of the game to give you some sensory overload.

The entire first act was perfect. Multiple perspectives on what the world has now become, the mental weakening of the characters, Dom and Cole specifically, really set the stage. Everything is established very well, from the new threat to the state of the Locust. You get acquainted with the new characters, Sam and Jace, pretty quickly. It also made me realize how much I liked Baird. Epic definitely stepped up the quality of the dialogue this time around and it was apparent as soon as you heard Baird speak for the first time in Act 1. The bit where he tells Sam he really doesn't like her as they're about to slide off was hilarious.

I liked the part where Prescott died. He always seemed like a prick and the game played up on that well, bringing some good closure to Prescott's role as a character throughout the three games. He was not underdeveloped, nor overdeveloped as a character, and I like that. The Anvil Gate standoff was fucking sublime. Possibly the most intense moment in the entire campaign. I was completely immersed in it the entire time, despite how it was just an obviously three-tiered barrage of Locust, I honestly gave it my all and felt like I was fighting for survival with that last gate, scrounging for ammo while rolling away from Grinders as my co-op buddy softened them up as much as he could in the previous gate with the turret. The Lambent Zerker was also a really good boss. It was like playing Snake in 3D with guns. Probably my favourite boss in the series by far (RAAM might edge him out just cause RAAM is motherfucking RAAM).

The intro to Act IV with the Ashes To Ashes chapter was great. They pulled off the mood mastefully, with the Han-Solo'd-bodies of humans and all. Griffin was great. I loved Ice-T's voice acting and how he helped make the character this awesome post-apocalyptic bawse of bawses. What I did not like was how he teased his revenge on Marcus. Never came. I don't give a fuck if it's obvious DLC, it's a cocktease and a dead end branch of the plot. Minus points.

Imulsion as the flood a parasite was something that went in line with my predictions ever since it's mention in Gears 1. It made sense and kept me listening, but at this point, there was very little of the game left and I was kind of begging for answers at this point. A big one and a small one..

Why does the Queen look like a human? They questioned it in Gears 2 and then never again.. why was there no follow-up to their queries within the game? It's an inconsistency that was glossed over, and if it was intentionally glossed over then that's fucked up because it's a huge sticking point in the game. Is she Marcus' Mom? Is she a defect that spawned the Locust or a sympathizer? Why are the biggest questions that are raised in every person's head (my presumptions confirmed by a hundred people in this thread wondering the same) gone unanswered in the entire story arc? Or is the delivery of that answer so unclear that it went over so many people's heads? These are not things you leave to imagination or to supplementary media like books and comics. In the steroid-induced rage from seeing his father dematerialize in front of him, I kind of expected Marcus to get some answers out of Myyrah before he killed her, but nope, nothing. Stab and move along. Hopefully the data disc he gave Baird has the rest of the plot in it. Overall, I expected a lot more face time with the Queen to elaborate on stuff, but was left drawing blanks.

Remember in Gears 2 when the imulsion from a dead lambent flew up and was absorbed by another Lambent? What happened to that? Why did that never happen again? I thought for sure that'd be a feature of the lambent in Gears 3, fallen enemies somehow contributing to the surviving. Nope. If someone can clarify, feel free to do so because I've got nothing.

The ending outside of the quibble with the Queen was masterfully done though. The beach, the fragment of soldiers surviving, the line about not wasting time on war from Adam Fenix, Anya's "tomorrow" line, everything. Kudos to the people who orchestrated that.

I feel like Gears as a franchise has potential. If any of my questions are going unanswered because they are answered in books/comics/etc, I think that's a flaw in the handling of the lore from within the games. If the game I buy does not give me the complete story, I'm not sure why I bought an incomplete narrative. Halo is guilty to that too, but the games hold up independently quite well. The Gears aesthetic, the absolutely GORGEOUS architecture, and the top-of-the-class weapon aesthetic design all have the makings of a cohesive universe, it just doesn't feel quite there because they choose to make a lot of it much more mysterious than I'm comfortable with.

It may sound harsh, and Cliffy has already got quite upset over even the presence of criticism in this thread already, but those things are very small drawbacks to this game I enjoyed a lot. After Gears 2, I pretty much swore off this franchise between it's shit multiplayer and the difficult to replay campaign but Gears 3 has made me a believer again ever since the beta. It's also one of the best looking games on any platform, period. Cheers to Epic for this monumental game, which I hope will set standards for content and production values for games in the future. Really confirmed my beliefs that Epic is one of the few leading devs this generation, alongside Valve, Bungie and a few elite others.

tl;dr: (10-whydoesthequeenlookhuman)/10, 3 > 2 > 1.

Volimar

Hadoken said:
Bernie was Australian? Jesus, I thought she had a Brooklyn accent lol.

I think she was meant to be kind of a New Zealander. In the books she's from a farm on an isolated island that I don't think the Locusts ever reached. I thought that when the COG fell she'd go back to the island, but she opted to stay with the Hoff.

Jipan said:
And holy crap at the visuals. So many gorgeous sets and vistas. Gears would make a great RPG; the towns all looked fantastic.

I said before, I thought a fallout 3 style RPG where you start out as a Stranded or a lone COG survivor of a helicopter crash miles and miles from COG forces. You can try to help the stranded camps, and everyone treats you differently based on if you are COG or stranded. Maybe have AI followers or some co-op. Plenty of potential there. It'd have to be a pretty full world to keep the feel of a cover based combat system.

Just finished. I liked it but losing Baird and Cole after Act 3 was a bad choice. Jace is fucking worthless, Sam and Anya were alright, but come on! It's Gears! I need 4 steroid space marines!
I wonder when they decided to break off Baird and Cole's part from the main game. I guarantee originally Act 4 was supposed to be like Act 1, but they know we'll all pay for it. Too bad.
When I first saw the Lambent humans, it made me think of the girlfriend from Dead Space 2. I don't know if anyone has mentioned that, but I don't want to go through the entire thread.
Good game, I really enjoyed it. They finally tapped into the emotion they were looking for in 2.

adizzy615

Neo Member
friskykillface said:
whos the king then? :O Gears 4, wait , wasn't the king in the first one? idk i don't remember that.

Why do you assume there is a king? Have you ever heard of a king bee?

jackdoe

claviertekky said:
There's a plot hole in the highway scene when Marcus, Dom, Sam, Anya, Jace, and Dizzy took two pick up trucks and a big rig to get fuel in the city.

Dizzy was driving the big rig.

Marcus and Anya were on Jace's pick up truck.

Who drove the truck for Dom and Sam?
Actually... this does need to be answered... Who the hell was driving the second truck?

Proposed Law said:
I wonder when they decided to break off Baird and Cole's part from the main game. I guarantee originally Act 4 was supposed to be like Act 1, but they know we'll all pay for it.

breaking off = DLC content for sure.

when they decided to nickle and dime. gotta make some $$$ you know.

Hyunkel6

jackdoe said:
Actually... this does need to be answered... Who the hell was driving the second truck?
I took a peek as I was going through the level, and it was a random stranded. Probably one of Griffin's men.

clav

I found myself missing Lester Speight (Cole Train) as I played acts without him. I would say I would have been completely devastated had Cole died instead of Dom.

Volimar

claviertekky said:
I found myself missing Lester Speight (Cole Train) as I played acts without him. I would say I would have been completely devastated had Cole died instead of Dom.

My brother despises Baird. Was funny that he had to play him.

JimiNutz

Banned
Sir Hamish said:
According to what has been posted by the devs on the official forums, the Sires were miners who were exposed to imulsion and mutated as a result. The idea is that the Locust were originally human and gradually mutated as a result of the imulsion when they lived underground. The Sires have no direct relation to the Locust in the game, they're simply a product of the same mutations that created the Locust.

Seth Balmore founds the quotes from the devs and posted them here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31231696&postcount=227

So are the Sires pre Locust? Gearspedia says that they are, but haven't the Cog only been around for 80 or 90 years? If so then the Sires can only have happened that long ago, which means the Locust Horde are only, what, 70 years old?

Izayoi

Banned
I wasn't all that surprised by Dom's death, to be honest. Huge death flags being thrown up left and right before he bit the dust.

watership

Just finished. Amazing experience and the best Gears campaign by far. Greater sense of the world of Sera too, which I loved. Big emotional moments for me too (which I thought some of the press were exaggerating. They most certainly were not.), Dom's sacrifice especially. I had it ruined by a lousy friend, yet the impact was still significant. The very end with Marcus throwing his gun down and talking off his armor, was just perfect. Real sense of pain and loss. In a gears game? Wild.

Congratulations Epic, it was one hell of a ride.

Popeck

Izayoi said:
I wasn't all that surprised by Dom's death, to be honest. Huge death flags being thrown up left and right before he bit the dust.

Having the achievement "Brothers to the end" pop up just before it and having the chapter name "Brothers to the end" doesn't really help it either.

razu

I can't be the only one who, on being told to respect the dead ash people, went straight up to the nearest kneeling one to rub my balls in their face...? Dusty balls!

Game was great. Graphics and sound were amazing, and even the on-rails bits were good if you ask me. I'll take that awesome sub ride over the horrific tank with light beam kryll section in 1 any day...! Story... well, I don't pay too much attention to that anyway. I still don't get how Carmine is alive, is it his brother or something, cos, wasn't he killed in 1...? Queen death at the end was a bit abrupt. I so totally *knew* she was his mum, but no. Oh, okay. However, the "acting" on her was great, voice and wavey evil hands. Cool.

The final boss was fantastic. Although the guards kind of cheapened the whole deal a bit. They seem to respawn eternally, so there seemed little point in killing them, and so you effectively had a health drain the whole time. Would be nice if the AI made a better job of picking you up too, since you seem to be the only soldier capable of using the hammer then you'd think getting you up would be the priority. Also, it took me a few goes, but when I did finish it, it didn't feel like I did anything different to the previous attempts. I'd say if it's going to be random, then just make it easier. If I had made it through first time by chance, I'd have liked it much better.

I played through Gears 1 lots of times. This one feels much bigger though, and the thought of mooching through the first act again isn't all that inviting. Which is a bummer. Maybe I'll co-op on specific acts...

Now though, it's time to adjust to the multiplayer. Initially I was relieved it wasn't the same as Gears 2, but, and I don't know what it is, just something's not clicking with me right now. And it's not the SOS. I *will* learn to like it though, it's gears! :)

Just finished it.

Not surprised by Dom's death in the slightest and I found the whole execution of that scene terrible.

We're in a scene where we get a few waves of enemies. No problem. We're handling it pretty well. Then all of a sudden the cutscene kicks in with panic of being overrun with no ammo left. I couldn't get my head around that as I had plenty of ammo and wasn't being overrun at all. Then Dom decides to get into a truck and blow the place up.

I felt more cheated than anything else. I wanted to feel like I had no ammo left with an overwhelming amount of enemies, with people down needing help. I felt no panic at all. The scene was pushed in there for a cliche best friend death.

What I would have preferred, was the scene to play out as we're playing it. Like a survive before Dom comes back with the truck, timed just right when everyone is out of ammo and nowhere left to go, THEN the scene kicks in from the impact onwards.

Enjoyed it right till the end though.

NutJobJim said:
So are the Sires pre Locust? Gearspedia says that they are, but haven't the Cog only been around for 80 or 90 years? If so then the Sires can only have happened that long ago, which means the Locust Horde are only, what, 70 years old?

Yeah it's a bit confusing lol. The Sires are pre-locust in the sense that they are the first stage of the mutation that sees humans become Locust due to imulsion exposure. The Locust in the game that live in the hollow probably mutated thousands of years ago since there's quite a lot of them. The Sires have only mutated recently but have slowly begun to mutate into Locust too, they aren't the progenitors of the entire Locust race.

Popeck said:
Having the achievement "Brothers to the end" pop up just before it and having the chapter name "Brothers to the end" doesn't really help it either.
It helped that I never read chapter names and turned off notifications.

Kusagari said:
But why was she the only Locust to maintain her human qualities? Even the Locust generals like Skorge and RAAM were pretty much mindless.
Because she wasn't. She's human. That was my entire point. :lol

Sobriquet

Blue Ninja said:
Because she wasn't. She's human. That was my entire point. :lol

But what about all those crazy tentacles growing off of her back in Gears 2?

Seems like they dropped that shit for 3. I had always assumed she was Ruth from New Hope. Like some kind of human/locust hybrid.

Paertan

BattleMedic said:
I think it was so Epic could show some big titties. They figured the other women in the game were to covered up.
Best explanation I could think of.

Sobriquet said:
But what about all those crazy tentacles growing off of her back in Gears 2?

Seems like they dropped that shit for 3. I had always assumed she was Ruth from New Hope. Like some kind of human/locust hybrid.
I always thought that was just some kind of Locust fashion, never an actual part of her body.

Adam gave Baird a disc that was to my understanding supposed to explain everything - did I miss something here? We never got that explanation as to what was on the disc.

Awesome Barlow said:
Honestly it is not so different from Halo 1 to Halo 2. You and I know how everything happened but everyone who read the books didn't. I mean how did they react when they saw Sgt. Johnson? Or when Reach came out, none of the casual fans would have known that Earth had a ton of colonies, or that the war had been going on for years, or that Halsey was the mastermind behind the spartans. Needless to say, I haven't read any Gears stuff either.

Anyways, back to gears:
Yeah I'm so confused.

Sires, what was up with them in Gears 2? Where did they come from?

Who is the Queen?

How did she know Adam?

Why didn't he warn anyone?

I was hoping Marcus was going to interrogate her at the end but he just stabbed her instead.
It's not really the same. Yeah the only thing is the stuff with Johnson. But when I compare the story, I compare the Trilogy(Halo 1-3 and GoW1-3) only and not the spin-off games(ODST, Reach. And we both know how Reach fucked up the books :p). (And I didn't compare the games).

I meant: Why did Prescott leave them? Why did everyone hate him on the boat? Why did Hoffman stay at Anvil's Gate? How did Anya mutate to hot sexy man-like woman?
New Characters:
Compare the introduction of Tai, Dizzy etc. with the introduction of Jace and whatever. They all felt like nobodies to me. Dizzy and Tai not. I hoped Tai would have came back at the end of GoW2, because I liked his religious character.

And then we get to the unanswered question during the game.

Sobriquet said:
I'm assuming that Locusts were humans mutated by Imulsion.
I thought always the Hope programm was to mutate humans into Locusts, because they could sneak into their city etc... And not that the locusts are mutated humans. Otherwise the locuts were humans stuff is stupid. If something like that happened, there would be a lot of reports. And what were a Brumak? A mutated dino? :p :)

KingHenrik30 said:
Adam gave Baird a disc that was to my understanding supposed to explain everything - did I miss something here? We never got that explanation as to what was on the disc.
Adam's scientific research. Imulsion, the Lambent, etc.

Hypertrooper said:
I meant: Why did Prescott leave them? Why did everyone hate him on the boat? Why did Hoffman stay at Anvil's Gate? How did Anya mutate to hot sexy man-like woman?
All of this is explained in the last novel, Coalition's End. I'll sum it up for you:

1. We don't really know why Prescott leaves the island where the Gears were staying. He simply tells Hoffman there's "something he must do and time's running out so he has to do it now" and asks for his support. When Hoffman refuses, he just leaves with 2 bodyguards. The COG try to tail him to see where he's going but they lose him in the high seas.

2. Everyone hates him because he ditched the community without saying why and because he was still keeping secrets from everyone, despite civilization going down the toilet.

3. The community decide that splitting up is the best option to survive (moving a large community around is harder in case they need to evacuate again). Marcus & co. stay on the ship, Hoffman tries his luck taking the other half of the civvies to Anvil Gate since he knows how to hold the place from previous experiences.

4. She wanted some frontline action so she trained to get in shape after they sank Jacinto.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
finally finished the game. It was a blast, though the first 2 chapters were really boring. Also, was anyone bugged out that other than the first few minutes and and last chapter, there was almost entirely no plot? it was all an endless series of enemies and fetch quests, for no more reason than to go from point A to point B. I was kinda disappointed they did not try to develop the overarching plot a little more.

Killer

Banned
I hate that the game leaves so many questions unanswered. oh well, all of us know it will be either dlc or new gow.

Great game, but I don't think I've ever had to fetch so much fucking stuff in a game like Gears before. We need fuel! We need bits to fix the sub! We need more fuel! Protect base 1. Now 2! What, more fucking FUEL!? :D

Good job shooting stuff is so damn good in the game :)

K' Dash

Pachterballs said:
breaking off = DLC content for sure.

when they decided to nickle and dime. gotta make some $$$ you know.

1600 ms points with a 128kb key... nah I'm kidding
, kinda.

Rimfya

Banned
Enzo - You summed up my thoughts exactly. I love the Gears franchise, even if the games have never been perfectly excited there is a lot of potential there. Such a shame they relegate the difficult narrative questions to lore/wiki/comics/books since 90% of people just play the game.

I wonder if any of the DLC will take place AFTER the events of Gears 3 ... Though I'm not sure what the combat sequences would involve.

Top Bottom