• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That was pretty suspenseful. The zombie parts are good, it's just everything else that feels second rate.

Raistlin said:
Jesus ... this is starting out fucking terrible.

The writing is terrible and contrived.

this show was really never that great. i never understood all the hype. its a good show, its just not the "greatest show ever" that everyone made it out to be last year.

MikeTyson

Banned
Raistlin said:

Beyond the IQ issues:
  • Opening monologue was poorly written and acted
  • Where were the zombies hiding?
  • Can't smell people anymore?
  • How does someone maim themselves like that?
  • Instead they can hear a piece of metal drop (but can't hear someone making a ton of noise when they cut themselves and bang shit around)
  • Why was her gun in pieces in her purse and not ready to begin with?
  • New turbo zombies as needed?

You're good.

Raistlin said:

Beyond the IQ issues:
  • Instead they can hear a piece of metal drop (but can't hear someone making a ton of noise when they cut themselves and bang shit around)

The "turbo zombies as needed" thing bothered me as well. I didn't want to say anything because some take it as a sign that you're trying to start a "fast versus slow" argument. I truthfully just want consistency, and those dudes seemed faster than usual.

Edit : With that said, I still liked the scene. Suspenseful enough.

Raistlin

thecouncil said:
this show was really never that great. i never understood all the hype. its a good show, its just not the "greatest show ever" that everyone made it out to be last year.
Well ... I never thought it was that good either.

It started well and progressively got worse. I just don't recall it being this bad ... at least not so many conveniences, etc in such a small window.

Tucah

you speak so well
I was sort of lukewarm on the first season as a whole but I'm not liking this episode at all so far.

Sean

Banned
I'm liking it so far, lots of suspense.

Liked Darryl's line "Hey, Short Round..." to Glenn. Nice Indiana Jones shout out.

Mileena

Banned
Raistlin said:

Beyond the IQ issues:

lol

Raistlin

Kitschkraft said:
The "turbo zombies as needed" thing bothered me as well. I didn't want to say anything because some take it as a sign that you're trying to start a "fast versus slow" argument. I truthfully just want consistency, and those dudes seemed faster than usual.
That's the thing. Serious consistency errors are a sign of a poor script. The writers aren't capable of telling a story within the confines of their own making ... so they instead take shortcuts by throwing out the rules (and logic) as a convenience.

Sometimes writers write themselves into a corner. Heroes comes to mind - the character's were so powerful that they all needed kryptonite or complete stupidity in order to further the story. Basically the rules and setting were sufficiently strict that they either had to throw them out, or have the characters make decisions or end up in situations that are completely illogical and contrived.

What's disconcerting here though is that the rules and setting really aren't particularly limiting. They didn't paint themselves into a corner or anything. It's just shit writing :\

vectorman06 said:
What the fuck is with you and IQs? Goddamn...
image quality

And why shouldn't people care?

MWS Natural said:
This is my first time watching it live, is there some kind of Film Grain effect for this show?
flawless victory

EYEL1NER

Wow, that Hell on Wheels show about the railroad looks like it will be good. Is that Common in it, too? I might have to tune in to it. I'll have two shows on AMC to watch I guess, between this and that.

The railroad days had all kinds of fucked up shit going on in it, so it might make for a good show.

Overall, I'm fine with this episode happening right now too.

Heysoos

MWS Natural said:
I don't understand why he just didn't tell her to "wait right here for me i'll come back and get you".

I thought he did. He said something along the lines of - Wait for me here, if I don't make it back go back to the highway. However, as soon as he drew them off she left instead of waiting.

Or did I hear wrong?

MWS Natural said:
I don't understand why he just didn't tell her to "wait right here for me i'll come back and get you".

He did actually, and said if he didn't come back after awhile to run. She ran right after he was out of sight because.... I don't know, kids are stupid.

(sidenote: why use jay z's 99 problems in a battlefield 3 commercial and repeatedly play the chorus when you have to edit out the 'bitch'?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom