• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Chicago Bulls Team Logo is Timeless

Zekes!

Yo the Detroit Piston's OG logo is dope as fuck hahaha

pistons0.jpg

PaulBizkit

man, those were some good 15 minutes of my time looking at logos. The first logo for the Atlanta Hawks look like a post office logo,

hawks3.gif

and the current Houston Rockets logo makes it look like an edgy 90s super hero film

rockets4.gif

LOLWUT:
nuggets2.gif

I think the Cavs have done a great job of making a new logo that's pretty timeless and could probably be used for a while. It's nice that it has variations that can be used in a variety of formats (the C, the C with the sword, or the full logo with the ball). What's nice too is the older logos are kind of nostalgic and really "retro" looking which makes for nice retro merch.

It's a shame the Indians can't really do much since they have to choose either between Chief Wahoo (and deal with all the racism) or use the Block C (which a lot of people seem to hate for some reason)

Sephzilla

I think the Cavs have done a great job of making a new logo that's pretty timeless and could probably be used for a while. It's nice that it has variations that can be used in a variety of formats (the C, the C with the sword, or the full logo with the ball). What's nice too is the older logos are kind of nostalgic and really "retro" looking which makes for nice retro merch.

It's a shame the Indians can't really do much since they have to choose either between Chief Wahoo (and deal with all the racism) or use the Block C (which a lot of people seem to hate for some reason)

The block C is just so bland

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Yep, Packers' logo is timeless and perfect

Lucky for you the Brewers have more or less brought back the ball & glove logo. It's one of the GOAT logos

I never knew until recently that the ball and glove is made of an 'm' and 'b'.

Came here to post the yankees logo. Not a fan (Tigers man) but that logo is EVERYWHERE! Europe, Asia, USA, EVERYWHERE! Worn by fashion followers, music fans and of course people who don't even care about MLB let alone the yankees baseball team. Yeah, teams like the Bulls and Raiders are popular but its not timeless. Everyday people only wore Bulls in the 90s. Everyday people only wore Raiders in the 90s. I don't see anyone here wearing those teams anymore. I see Golden State and I see Patriots...because those teams are relevant today. Yankees though? Seriously, the yankees can be absolute garbage for the next 20 years and your average kid or bloke will still wear the caps and shirts.

Because they wear it for "New York" / "Non-US reference to something in the US"
For those people that you're describing, it's virtually meaningless in reference to a Sports team.

Yeah the Yankees logo is the real winner here. It's worn everywhere despite people not knowing what it means or that it's baseball related.

Which means it's a loser as a Sports logo.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yep, Packers' logo is timeless and perfect

Lucky for you the Brewers have more or less brought back the ball & glove logo. It's one of the GOAT logos

Yeah I finally listened to Sanjuro and bought a hat with that logo. It was listed as the "alternate" official hat so that makes sense.

I don't know who gets excited for a letter M with some wheat underneath though?

Sephzilla

I never knew until recently that the ball and glove is made of an 'm' and 'b'.

It wasnt until I was in my late teens that I realized that too. Finding that out made the old school Brewer's logo become one of the GOAT logos for me.

Yeah I finally listened to Sanjuro and bought a hat with that logo. It was listed as the "alternate" official hat so that makes sense.

I don't know who gets excited for a letter M with some wheat underneath though?

I honestly think they're going to phase out the wheat logo and go back to the ball-and-glove logo permanently. They use the retro uniforms (which are fantastic) weekly and I think they updated their standard uniforms to use a slightly brighter shade of blue that goes better with the old logo

This is the best Brewers set, right here:

b4rs1hhA0gg

I adore the 94-96 uniform. But then I'm easy when it comes to anything with metallic thread.

Rival

Gold Member
I'd be ok with changing the logo to an actual piece of shit if it meant that Gar/Pax would go and we could have a competitive team again.

His career also had significant overlap with Cal Ripken, Jr as well.

I mean, there was like 2/3 overlap there, as there was for Gwynn and Boggs as well.

But, I mean, Yount and Brett began began their years 1 year apart (and that was just 13 games for Brett in his first year. Their first full years were the same year), and retired the same exact year.
Coupled with them both playing their entire careers for a single team in middle-America (Wisconsin and Missouri), there was just so much overlap there.

Cowboys, and Yankees logo's are bonafide classics. I would even put both Duke and Notre Dame up there as well, just one tier beneath.

Top Bottom