• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Sjögren only has a factory version. Which requires:

50 kills with A-10 Slug.
15 kills in a round with the M97 Trench Gun Hunter.

You don't use the A-10 Hunter.

Which is what I meant. Trench Hunter IS part of the assignment.

But I misread. You mean the A-10, not the M97.

TheSeks

peeps gonna be mad that fort isn't bottlenecked enough.

really like rupture.

The only one I outright hate (and it's because of the Chain Reaction mode) is Soissons. Fucking tanks ruin the back and forth and it's basically "whoever abuses the tank and moves up with it wins." The team that hands back just sandbags the entire capping and pushing to the end.

JBwB

Horizon took a little longer than expected to complete so I finally managed to get time to play a few hours of the new DLC yesterday.

I've gotta say I really enjoy all of the new maps. Soisson and Rupture in particular are an absolute blast to play. PC Performance on these maps seems to be about the same as it is on the vanilla maps so that's great.

I haven't unlocked all the weapons yet but the new assault SMG and support weapons are quite good. I don't think they'll replace the weapons in my main loadouts but they're solid nonetheless.

My only issue with the DLC so far is the spawn points on some of the maps. Fix them please.

I honestly love the first couple of days after new map releases, before I start learning the ins and outs of each map. I love the feeling of confusion on the battlefield.

TheSeks

2 more. 2 more headshots. *Five Dollar Footlong jingle tune here*

I'll have to get them tomorrow. But goddamn hipfiring or ADS is complete luck on it. I think the key is to hunt down mortards and fill them with lead quickly enough for it to count.

Theorry

Lol Frontlines is such a dumb game mode. Taking forever also. No tactics and probably made for people that like Metro and throwing nades in a hallway all the time. Gamemode is probably soon dead also because its behind Premium. Wich isnt that bad really. Because its such a bad gamemode.

CaptNink

Lol Frontlines is such a dumb game mode. Taking forever also. No tactics and probably made for people that like Metro and throwing nades in a hallway all the time. Gamemode is probably soon dead also because its behind Premium. Wich isnt that bad really. Because its such a bad gamemode.

That bad, huh? Damn that's disappointing.

Meccs

I accidentally just played on a Frontlines server that had no time limit. Let me tell you this is the fastest way to start hating this mode and all it's maps. I was so sick of the map after 1.5+ hour back and forth between mostly two points. This shit makes Team Deathmatch and Domination maps look like absolute brilliant design. I just quit out in the end, I couldn't take it anymore and frankly I just wanted it to end.

On a side note: has anyone actually replaced one of their main guns with the new DLC ones? I feel they are very underwhelming.

I accidentally just played on a Frontlines server that had no time limit. Let me tell you this is the fastest way to start hating this mode. I was so sick the map after 1+ hour back and forth between mostly two points. This shit makes Team Deathmatch and Domination maps look like absolute brilliant design. I just quit out in the end, I couldn't take it anymore and frankly I just wanted it it end.

I think the time limit is bugged? shocker I know.

On a side note: has anyone actually replaced one of their main guns with the new DLC ones? I feel they are very underwhelming.

I replaced the BAR with the Chauchat. It's too good not to use. It's the best support weapon when it comes to dps (its minimum dmg is more than every other lmgs maximum dmg). You can kill three full health players with one magazine.

The Ribeyrolles 1918 is interesting too. Overall, I think the Automatico and Hellriegel are better weapons. However, the Ribeyrolle is nice because it gives you a bit of range. It's the closest thing assault has to an assault rifle. It's pretty much a better version of the MP18. I can see myself using it a lot.

RSC 1917 is fun, but it's not really easy to use. Slow rate of fire and only six rounds. If you're actually good at hitting your shots, it's great since it's a 2HK. It's a fun weapon, but there is definitely a higher skill cap to it. For the most part I'll probably just stick with the sweeper and 1916.

The shotgun and sniper are both useless. Other weapons in those classes far outperform them.

Yesterday I've played it on an official DICE server and it didn't have any time limit. It took 112 minutes to finish, and I think my team ended up winning because a lot of people quit on the other side because of boredom... it's a good mode on paper but the execution is terrible.

The time limit is just bugged. DICE already knows.

NHale

Not sure. Some guy in chat said the admin did remove it.

Yesterday I've played it on an official DICE server and it didn't have any time limit. It took 112 minutes to finish, and I think my team ended up winning because a lot of people quit on the other side because of boredom... it's a good mode on paper but the execution is terrible.

TheSeks

Not sure. Some guy in chat said the admin did remove it.

Nope, it's bugged. DICE already said it.

In any case, it's worth doing the assignments in there (especially the 15 kills in a round ones) due to how long the matches take.

Also BF4's UI on PC was updated today to match BF1's. *sad trombone* It's just as clunky now.

Man, my impressions of this DLC are so negative. Two of the maps are pretty good, but god, it's the little things that drive me nuts. Like not being able to complete the 'one round' weapon challenges first.

My favorite thing might be the my imagined pitch for Verdun Heights: "What f we took a mechanic all the players complain about, and cover half a map with it." "Brilliant!"

I still have to play around some more, but I don't see how any of the DLC weapons are superior to their predecessors. Which is refreshing since DICE DLC weapons tend to completely outclass the launch ones.

Man, my impressions of this DLC are so negative. Two of the maps are pretty good, but god, it's the little things that drive me nuts. Like not being able to complete the 'one round' weapon challenges first.

My favorite thing might be the my imagined pitch for Verdun Heights: "What f we took a mechanic all the players complain about, and cover half a map with it." "Brilliant!"

I still have to play around some more, but I don't see how any of the DLC weapons are superior to their predecessors. Which is refreshing since DICE DLC weapons tend to completely outclass the launch ones.

Uhm the Medic DMR is pretty OP..

Theorry

That bad, huh? Damn that's disappointing.

Its just a constant tug of war with fighting over one flag with the usual clusterfuck, And if a team gets to the end to arm the m coms (where you only get 35 tickets to arm both objectives btw otherwise it goes back to the previous flag) its constant grenade spam on the m coms wich makes it almost impossible to win. I played one match. Luckily won and got the Codex. But will not play it again.

The problem with these medic weapons it feels like you have to put in so much more effort to out damage a guy just spraying with the hellreigal. With the new gun if you miss one shot you are done in almost any firefight, the automatics just have it so much easier.

Meccs

The problem with these medic weapons it feels like you have to put in so much more effort to out damage a guy just spraying with the hellreigal. With the new gun if you miss one shot you are done in almost any firefight, the automatics just have it so much easier.

Same way I felt but what can you do? Someone has to revive and heal. There are just not enough people playing medics.

I replaced the BAR with the Chauchat. It's too good not to use. It's the best support weapon when it comes to dps (its minimum dmg is more than every other lmgs maximum dmg). You can kill three full health players with one magazine.

Are you using the low weight or the telescopic one?

Same way I felt but what can you do? Someone has to revive and heal. There are just not enough people playing medics.

Are you using the low weight or the telescopic one?
I prefer the low weight version.

Edit. The more I think about it, the more I hate the paid dlc since these operations are going to be empty in the Summer. It's already a pain trying to play a 40 player operations late night or early morinings on PS4. And dice def should have done a dlc around the African front.

TheSeks

Edit. The more I think about it, the more I hate the paid dlc since these operations are going to be empty in the Summer. It's already a pain trying to play a 40 player operations late night or early morinings on PS4. And dice def should have done a dlc around the African front.

You're lucky. I haven't even gotten to PLAY them since the 40-players is dead on PC.

The matchmaking has been really bad for me since the DLC. The game keeps throwing me into east coast servers. I get around +90 ping on those servers, while on the west coast I get around 25. Obviously it’s still playable, but I’d rather be on a west coast server. It’s not like there is a pop issue, the PC version generally has over 40k people playing it. So I don’t understand why it’s been throwing me into these servers. Lately, I’ve had to use the server browser and go into them manually.

But yeah putting maps and modes behind a paywall is dumb. Frontlines and Operations will pretty much be dead and only Conquest will get played. They could find other ways to make Premium worth it. Make the modes and maps free, so it doesn’t split the community and charge for something else. (More double XP, skins, assignments, events, and etc).

Meccs

Operations is already dead on PC. No one plays the DLC maps on operations. You might have some luck the first 2 days when people without premium can play though. But paid multiplayer content should be something of the past. It will only get worse as more DLC gets released.

Just played one Operation match on Vaux. The nade spam is atrocious. They should just remove nades from the resupply kit and make you carry less ammo so Support would be still required.

TheSeks

2XP was turned off last night apparently. I wanted to level the horsey. Noooooo. :(

Meccs

One thing that would make Operations instantly better would be if they change it so you don't get booted to the menu when the round ends. This makes no sense. Just let it rotate or better yet, add a voting system (will never happen). At least DLC maps should rotate as well as the vanilla ones. No need for the menu screen.

Also, has anyone on PC the problem of "lost connection to the server" when trying to join one?

I think the only thing I really like about Frontlines is that finally 32 player server exist. I don't know why there aren't any for normal Conquest. 64p is way too many for those maps.

WillyFive

One thing that would make Operations instantly better would be if they change it so you don't get booted to the menu when the round ends. This makes no sense. Just let it rotate or better yet, add a voting system (will never happen). At least DLC maps should rotate as well as the vanilla ones. No need for the menu screen.

Also, has anyone on PC the problem of "lost connection to the server" when trying to join one?

I think the only thing I really like about Frontlines is that finally 32 player server exist. I don't know why there aren't any for normal Conquest. 64p is way too many for those maps.

Yeah, conquest is unplayable in BF1; too many people fighting against each other, the average life span can't be more than 20-30 seconds.

64 players Frontlines.

clusterfuck.gif

TheSeks

It was? Still get alot of points here. Like 120.000 a round after winning Operations.

I guess I should boot and see if it's only Premium servers. Non-DLC Rush servers had no 2XP for me, despite being Premium.

TheSeks

Why?
i refuse to quit a match midway so I understand.

I was trying to level the horse up. 3 hours and 15 mins later, I was repairing tanks, getting in tanks more than horses.

I did horse-back our stolen tank back, though. So I feel good on that round.

Completing the ten perescope spots for the Lebel 1886 Sniper made me lose the credit for the five headshots with the Russian sniper in a round. That's pretty annoying.

Completing the ten perescope spots for the Lebel 1886 Sniper made me lose the credit for the five headshots with the Russian sniper in a round. That's pretty annoying.

Yeah, every time I get the 15 kills in a round for the new support gun, it resets back to 0 at the end of the match. I'll just get the 10 mortar kills before I try getting it again so the gun unlocks instantly.

Enjoying the new maps so far though. Except Verdun on rush mode has a telegraph in a bunker on a hill that is just like the bunker in monte grappa except with more corners for medics to hide in, so it's almost impossible to clear it out.

Those new tanks are shit though. They handle like cruise liners and the bouncing shells make it harder to kill infantry. Lighting snipers up with the search light is fun though.

Tubie

If this is considered bad nade spam then holy shit you guys would really hate it back when everyone carried 3 minis (each could easily one shot you and could be thrown over 100 yards) in BF4.

Not to mention how fast they would resupply if you had an ammo box near.

If this is considered bad nade spam then holy shit you guys would really hate it back when everyone carried 3 minis (each could easily one shot you and could be thrown over 100 yards) in BF4.

Not to mention how fast they would resupply if you had an ammo box near.

In BF1s case Nade Spam is way worse because of the Gas Grenades.

BF4 only had nade issues if you played Locker 24/7. It wasnt that bad on other maps.

Top Bottom