• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tickets for the PlayStation E3 Experience available May 30th 10AM PT.

AsakuraZ

Man I wanna go to the SF one. If I can convince one of my friends to go, I'll brave rush hour traffic that morning to watch. Always wanted a chance to experience it live with fellow fans.

Man I wanna go to the SF one. If I can convince one of my friends to go, I'll brave rush hour traffic that morning to watch. Always wanted a chance to experience it live with fellow fans.
The video I just shared is from the SF 2015 keynote. Not sure why you'd be in rush hour​ traffic in the morning. The show isn't until 5pm so just get there an hour or two early (if you land tickets)

Blueblur1

I've gone every year to the Miami event and definitely am looking forward to doing so again.

It feels like they've announced the event and ticket signups earlier than last year. Last year I started worrying they wouldn't have the movie theater event because they waited until the week before E3 to announce it. And then I went to sign up late and had to get one of the standby tickets. This year I'm setting a reminder on my phone and will stop whatever I'm doing to sign up. I will walk out of a meeting if I have to!

Trace

Banned
I go every year, always mad fun. Will definitely be on here desperately refreshing tomorrow morning. Anyone in Vancouver that's going, lemme know.

Cloud7

Pittsburgh GAF! I've been to every one so far. I'll be in LA this year for E3 in person so hopefully I can get into one of the LA showings. PGH GAF, hope y'all have fun in my place

AsakuraZ

The video I just shared is from the SF 2015 keynote. Not sure why you'd be in rush hour​ traffic in the morning. The show isn't until 5pm so just get there an hour or two early (if you land tickets)

Oh! I misread that the show was at 10am PT. That makes the drive into SF a lot less tiring.

Can't wait to see how janky the tickets are to get this year. Last year the site crashed and somehow through the crashing I got my tickets by spamming refresh on the confirmation page

Sesha

Must be nice. This once it would've been neat to have some theatres down undah too. The internet here is absolute dog shite so I either have to cross my fingers and hope the stream doesn't constantly buckle, or I have to be on campus and sit in embarassed silence.

Normally it was 2 tickets I think but it had to be a confirmed person.

Last year was like 5$ PSN, a PlayStation cup, PlayStation Lanyard, a card and a poster thing.
Year before was an Arkham Knight Skin, PSN $, a beta, a lanyard.

Eh....

If anyone goes and doesn't want their card and is going to be at e3 I'll buy it for like a couple bucks

I've gone the last three years, always a great vibe. Was very cool to see GTA V PS4 for the first time on the big screen. Looking forward to it!

Jhoan

In like Donkey Kong with my brother for the Union Square location for my 4th consecutive year. The prior three years were always a blast but the FF7 Remake announcement reaction takes the cake for being the most memorable thing I've ever experienced collectively.

FYI, this year we have a Discord chat for the NYC peeps. Feel free to join because the more, the merrier! Quote to reveal the link:

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Shit, my brother works at my theater, so I can just go into work with him.

Elandyll

Banned
The DC/ Baltimore / Philly area is weird.

2 theaters right next to each other near DC, 1 in DE that's probably meant for Philly and Delaware but is covering northern MD as well, and ... nothing in or north of Baltimore that could have helped alleviate the pressure of the DE one.

Those 2 are less than 40min away from each other:
Gallery Place 14 Washington DC
Rockville Center 13 Rockville MD

And then 1 to cover Philly/ Northern MD, and Delaware
Brandywine Town Center 16 Wilmington DE

Probably not going this year either, just not going to drive 2+ hours for it (round trip) ... :/ Bummer.

Reaction video from the FFvii in Miami, though yes this one's mine. It's an incredible experience if you need further proof.

https://youtu.be/k-XNCVbnhN8
Nice! I've watched so many of these and it doesn't really get old. The excitement is palpable.

Which LA location is bigger/better?

I think they are both good. However, the one closer to Santa Monica may have less attendees since the Regal is closer to the convention center and other E3 hotspots.

Currently debating on which one to go to as well. We should meet up!

That wording is extremely typical for an advance screening (see a movie for free before it is released), which I use Gofobo for a lot.

I wouldn't worry at all. If you get there even 20 minutes before the event starts, I would be shocked if they didn't have multiple seats still available.

They overreserve by about 10-15%, which generally works out for an event that you can reserve multiple tickets for for free.

I think they are both good. However, the one closer to Santa Monica may have less attendees since the Regal is closer to the convention center and other E3 hotspots.

Currently debating on which one to go to as well. We should meet up!

Yeah, Gaf meetup and hype beers after :D I'm coming from Finland for E3.

WaterAstro

Hmm I thought I posted in a thread like this, but I guess this came first... anyway...

IT BEGINS!

YanwKyg.gif

The DC/ Baltimore / Philly area is weird.

2 theaters right next to each other near DC, 1 in DE that's probably meant for Philly and Delaware but is covering northern MD as well, and ... nothing in or north of Baltimore that could have helped alleviate the pressure of the DE one.

Those 2 are less than 40min away from each other:
Gallery Place 14 Washington DC
Rockville Center 13 Rockville MD

And then 1 to cover Philly/ Northern MD, and Delaware
Brandywine Town Center 16 Wilmington DE

Probably not going this year either, just not going to drive 2+ hours for it (round trip) ... :/ Bummer.

Yup, Baltimore area gets shit on once again.

Sigh, looks like I'm not going to go to E3. The free ticket was nice, but the costs of travel, hotel, and not working for a full week is just not financially responsible for me to do.

Oh! I misread that the show was at 10am PT. That makes the drive into SF a lot less tiring.
Going to try to go to the SF one as well, since I've decided to stay in Silicon Valley.

Yeah, Gaf meetup and hype beers after :D I'm coming from Finland for E3.
Sorry Noisepurge... looks like I'll be staying in my area for now. If I go to E3 it'll be cool, but then my student loans, credit card, and other bills will be at risk AND I won't be able to buy any games either.

Drayco21

Haven't missed one of these yet; looking forward to another one this year- especially since the Ohio theater is my local one this time.

So, I made an account. When it is 10am will the site be updated with tickets or is there a special link to sign up or anything?
Tickets are 100% free and will be available at playstation.com/E3experience starting Tuesday, May 30th at 10:00 AM PT while supplies last. To register for a ticket, you will need to create a free Gofobo account. Tickets will be sent to the email address used to create your Gofobo account.

My first time doing this so I hope I just his refresh and something pops up on that PS site above.

Guys be prepared for the site to go crazy. If you don't get a ticket and they have a wait list instead, put yourself on that wait list but keep trying to get a ticket. What happened last year was that those who reserved a ticket but had their site crash had to try again but the ticket was still being reserved for them and they didn't know it. All tickets had like a 15 minute wait before it reset and went back to being available to get.

For example, I had a ticket and was about to check out but the site crashed. After minutes of refreshing I finally got back in only to discover that I didn't have my ticket anymore. I tried to reserve one again but they were all sold out. I was pretty upset but all I could do at the time was put myself on the wait list. A GAFfer though said to wait about 15 minutes and to try again and see if the tickets are back online and sure enough it was! So at the end I did get a ticket!

Last years digital stuff were disappointing but it was free so it's all good
Love watching the conference on the big screen, shit is hype
Final fantasy remake got the biggest pop in 2015

Last year resident eVII got a huge pop

Jhoan

Shinogu pointed out that the NYC GAF Discord link was incorrect so here's the right one. Again, quote to reveal:

I'm standing by for it. Union Square theatre or bust. I passed by the Times Square line last year on my way to Union Square and it was fairly long, looked annoying given the area.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Okay, boys let's get ready

Been refreshing. Nothing yet.

Jhoan

Is the link available via Gofobo or Playstation.com? I'm confused. Either way, Gofobo is already hammered.

modsbox

why didn't they just use fandango or something? i clicked through the moment the button appeared and the gofobo servers were already 503ing.

Top Bottom