• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

Curious to see what launch bugs people discover. I always love to hear the crazy shit that goes wrong with launch platforms. PSP had some fun problems

already got mine pre-ordered. Not so long after you Japanese duders

What happened with the PSP? Wasn't on gaf then.

All I know of is the UMD 'shooting' out of the disc drive, lol.

Will buy after the redesign.

You mean the slide out PSVita phone SKU?

I mean, it's pretty obvious since we had:

- Leaked slide out blurry pictures prior the reveal
- Sony buying out Sony Ericsson, expected completion to be by mid 2012
- Rebranding of SE to Sony, expected by mid 2012
- Playstation suite for android and vita, expected to be open to all by February 2012
- Smartphones being huge and taking marketshare from dedicated gaming handhelds

If I don't have an iphone by next Fall and they release the Vita Phone on Sprint, I will consider it.

Dartastic

You mean the slide out PSVita phone SKU?

I mean, it's pretty obvious since we had:

- Leaked slide out blurry pictures prior the reveal
- Sony buying out Sony Ericsson, expected completion to be by mid 2012
- Rebranding of SE to Sony, expected by mid 2012
- Playstation suite for android and vita, expected to be open to all by February 2012
- Smartphones being huge and taking marketshare from dedicated gaming handhelds

If I don't have an iphone by next Fall and they release the Vita Phone on Sprint, I will consider it.
I honestly didn't even know any of this, and I was just joking around since everyone is like ZOMFG WILL NOT BUY 3DS BEFORE REDESIGN. I would however, buy this and get rid of my iPhone 4 in a heartbeat if it was ergonomical and if the analog sticks were actual analog sticks.

I honestly didn't even know any of this, and I was just joking around since everyone is like ZOMFG WILL NOT BUY 3DS BEFORE REDESIGN. I would however, buy this and get rid of my iPhone 4 in a heartbeat.

I'm pretty sure it was the first Vita dev unit before the final design was chosen.

Takao

Banned
I'm pretty sure it was the first Vita dev unit before the final design was chosen.

It overheated apparently.

sdfba.jpg

Sorry if this is old news but it looks like the 3G version is going to miss February in Canada.

I just got this email from EBGames.

Thank you for pre-ordering the PS Vita on EBGames.ca. We have been given official direction from Sony Canada to notify our customers that the PS Vita 3G model will not make the February 22nd launch date for Canada, due to extensive planning and testing with their 3G partner. Sony has every intention of shipping the 3G version of the PS Vita, but later in 2012.

If you wish to receive the PS Vita in February, we recommend that you switch your order to the Wi-Fi model. The First Edition Bundle offers great value and an opportunity to get the PS Vita one week before its official release date.

Sincerely,
The EB Games Team

Not sure if I should cancel or not just yet. Don't really plan on using the 3G but I really wanted the GPS functionality to make it more future proof.

Takao

Banned
Sorry if this is old news but it looks like the 3G version is going to miss February in Canada.

Not sure if I should cancel or not just yet. Don't really plan on using the 3G but I really wanted the GPS functionality to make it more future proof.

I know that feel bro. I know that feel. Ugh.

Do I buy WiFi Vita, and then the eventual 3G revision? Ugh...

Takao

Banned
Those probably aren't analog sticks, but nubs again.

Sony likely decided against the slider due to the overheating, and more importantly, potential confusion with PSPgo, or the Xperia Play. Once those things are long forgotten they'll likely use that design.

btkadams

yeah i'm just going to get the wifi one and wait to see if the 3g prices will be worth it.

if anything, it gives me more motivation to buy the eventual vita revision with 4G.

Maybe worth looking into getting one from the US and replace the sim card or something similar. Once the Japanese versions launches next week we'll know much more about how easy it is to change the 3G carrier.

Yama

LTTP, great OP. Pretty excited, it's everything I wish the PS3 was on the go. May be missing the NTSC-J launch for the first time in PlayStation hardware history, but I'm pumped for February.

I don't even recall who the partner was to begin with, but given the history of Ericsson phones in Canada, it will be Rogers. So, that news doesn't surprise me in the least. If anything, it is Rogers who can't get their shit together and now the Vita is delayed.

Glad I got the First Edition Wi-Fi Vita bundle. Week early!

Kuran

Banned
I'm becoming weary of all the faux-trolling and the is-already-dead memes that the Vita is receiving.. it is literally in every other Vita related post.

Surely overkill, looking at the facts?

klee123

Earlier this year I was contemplating on importing one from HK, but P-A's prices are insane. Wifi model plus a 32GB card is most likely over 700USD when you factor in shipping....

*sigh* I guess western launch for me. At least Gravity Daze will be a launch title in the west.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

please also note that Amazon prices for retail games are lower than the downloads in all but one case (Mingol)

yodobashi isn't as low but you get 10% points.

i've refined my strategy - i'm going to pick up 4 games on the day from Yodobashi, the total will give me enough points for one extra game there - so will pick up a 5th.

the other games i'm ordering today from Amazon depending on how much cash i get from dropping a load of retro games off in Akiba.

I think i'm looking at 8-10 games - though i may just stagger things out.

Kuran

Banned
Earlier this year I was contemplating on importing one from HK but P-A's prices are insane. Wifi model plus a 32GB card is most likely over 700USD when you factor in shipping....

*sigh* I guess western launch for me. At least Gravity Daze will be a launch title in the west.

It will be February before we know it!

Zeth

Is there anywhere I can get a better idea of the size of the "game cards". What about the game box? Will those be common at retail or will download be the primary way people get games?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's nice and clean, good job. You could use smaller banners or a larger font. Some spacing between sections may help as well. All in all, it's a great send off.

Please, add its supposed price in dollars using the typical conversion they use in other platforms as orientative prices.

Is difficult to see, because the prices changes a lot between regions. A game can be 6000y and another one 8000y because is a very known jrpg franchise... and be sold at the same price in US.

Takao

Banned
Please, add its supposed price in dollars using the typical conversion they use in other platforms as orientative prices.

There's no point as the software pricing here fluctuates from games under $30 to over $70. Handheld game pricing in Japan is very different compared to the in west. There is no set $30-$40 price range like we have here.
I'm also really lazy and do not want to have to back and change things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom