• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U High Capacity-Battery and Wii Remote Rapid Charger coming to Europe on Oct 4th

NeoRausch

The Wii U High Capacity-Battery and the Wii Remote Rapid Charging-Set are both coming to Europe on October 4th.

Wii U High Capacity-Battery:
719FyVy64lL._SL1500_.jpg

what it does is take the Wii U GamePad’s battery life from around 3 to 5 hours to a massive 5 to 8 hours. It’s capacity is increased to 2550mAh, up from a mere 1500mAh.
http://www.vooks.net/hands-on-offic...epad-battery-and-wii-remote-quick-charge-set/
Price: €29.99

Wii Remote Rapid Charging-Set
9 minutes for 1 hour playtime
90 minutes for 13+ hours playtime
The Wii Remote Control Quick Charge Set comes with a charging cradle, Wii Remote battery pack, Wii Remote jacket, Wii Remote Strap and even a Nintendo 3DS charger to power it all. So far there’s only black ones available so consider your purchase before you buy one of these.
http://www.vooks.net/hands-on-offic...epad-battery-and-wii-remote-quick-charge-set/
Price:€39.99

The Wii Remote Rechargeable Battery will be available for € 2.99 + €4.80 on the Nintendo Online Store only. Launches on October 4. Kinda expensive.

Sorry people living in non-NoE-countries as those do not have the Nintendo Online Store.

41KE2HOoi%2BL.jpg

It seems these accessories are up on the UK Nintendo site, with confirmation of the 4th October date.

Interestingly, the Gamepad battery and WM+ battery/cradle are noted as being available from retailers, whereas the standalone WM+ battery appears to be available via Nintendo customer services only.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Wii-U/Hardware-Features/Accessories/Accessories-663022.html

Amazon's has a mixup of both on their side atm. better wait with your order till it's sorted out.

thanks to Shiggy, gogogow and Mithos for additional infos and pictures

Original:
So I accidentally stumbled over this on Amazon Germany:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00EZPU0E2/
strange thing is: It's says Official Nintendo and has the correct picture.
but it's claimed to be a fast charger, comes from Italy and has a charging cradle packed in?

what gives?

gogogow

I think it's the real deal. The box is even in English and France, which are the two languages Nintendo uses on their European accesorries packaging. Release date is on 4th of October, so it will be coinciding with the release of Zelda Wind Waker HD.

Might just be a bad description or what Rvaisse said.

Shiggy

October 4th.
€29.99 / €39.99

The price for the charging set is even higher than the price of a new Wii Remote Plus - wow. And unlike the 3DS, it includes a 3DS charger heh.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The price and the picture are for the higher capacity battery. The same wrong description is also on amazon.fr. I pre-ordered and will check it later to see if they change the description.

Edit: being released on 27th in France it means we should have a European Nintendo Direct next Thursday, right? :)

NeoRausch

9 minutes for 1 hour playtime
90 minutes for 13+ hours playtime

hmmm... seems OK, but the price is a bit on the high side. also I would need for of those. I stay with Eneloop.

but the pad battery is soooooo bought. the extensive playgrounds of Wonderful 101 really shower the limitations of the small battery.

Oregano

Yay I am gonna get both. I've never had much look with third party stuff and the Nyko powerpak seems to be particularily shoddy.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I paid £300 for my WiiU and Nintendo couldn't put a higher capacitor battery in there at launch.
Keep nickel-and-diming us Nintendo.

Rhod

I have two of the rechargeable wii remote batteries and the cradle, and I'll be getting the other two when there aren't so many games to buy. Aside from the battery packs only coming in black, everything about them is great. Neat cradle, easy on / easy off, and the newly exposed sync button on the batteries (push using the gamepad stylus) mean that my Wii Remotes no longer ever need the back off, and running out of batteries is a thing of the past.

Now they just need a model that fits the balance board...

javac

Black battery pack won't go well with either my Red motion plus or my Gold one either. Oh well batteries are pretty cheap anyways.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Duck, I just imported one from Play Asia. Ah well I got $5 and a Rurouni Kenshin PSP game as well.

I would get the Wiimote Fast Charging-Cradle but it won't match with my Zelda Wiimote or my white ones.

I have two of the rechargeable wii remote batteries and the cradle, and I'll be getting the other two when there aren't so many games to buy. Aside from the battery packs only coming in black, everything about them is great. Neat cradle, easy on / easy off, and the newly exposed sync button on the batteries (push using the gamepad stylus) mean that my Wii Remotes no longer ever need the back off, and running out of batteries is a thing of the past.

Now they just need a model that fits the balance board...

well there's plenty of third party batteries available for balance boards, never had a problem with mine

jeffers

guess you could always spray paint it (taking care with the metal connection bit) gold/white to get it to match

SuperSah

Banned
Because the Wii Remote Fast Charging-Cradle use a 3DS charger.

And yet Nintendo of Europe and Japan won't include a charger for the 3DSXL. ¬_¬

Weirdest decision ever. Include it with a Wii U accessory but not with the actual 3DS hardware..

I love my OG 3DS bundle. <3

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Can't find 'em on any UK site.

Anyone else? I could use one of those Wii U batteries just to add a bit of weight to the GamePad.

I don't need the Wiimote charger thing but I desperately need the bigger Wii U pad battery.

Was thinking of importing from JPN, hopefully I don't need to soon.

Frodo

Is the battery heavier than the one that comes with the GamePad?

I left the power cord under the sofa, so battery life is not a problem to me at all, but would be nice to have a extended duration if it doesn't make the Gamepad heavier.

Taker666

I paid £300 for my WiiU and Nintendo couldn't put a higher capacitor battery in there at launch.
Keep nickel-and-diming us Nintendo.

Surely "penny pinching" would be the correct term if you're using the British monetary system. :p

..and they have been pretty generous in other ways (but I agree they should have included a bigger battery).

The only new console not to charge for online play. The only new console (as far as I'm aware) to allow you to use last gens controllers for multiplayer (saving Wii owners hundreds of pounds).

£20-30 extra for a bigger battery is pretty minor compared to what they could have been charging for other items.

Lasdrub

Does the charging station come with a power cord? ;)

Edit: It uses a 3DS adapter. So THAT'S where the cord ended up.

Top Bottom