• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X |OT| Import Solution Found

Aeana

I'm nearly caught up main story-wise to my old character, but that is really early on in version 2. Long, long ways to go. Plus I need to do all of the gaiden quests.

At some point I'll break away and work on leveling. I really want to check out fortune teller in earnest. I also need to get a bunch of monsters recruited so I (and hopefully some people on my friend list) can begin working on them in the mobile app.

I tried to add JLateralus and it says nobody exists with that info.

Weird, I just tried to add you and it told me that you didn't exist either.

lGWtcmU.jpg

Shouta

Weird, I just tried to add you and it told me that you didn't exist either.

The イ needs to be the small one, not the large one.

Also, you spelled your name Hanoka here but it's Honoka in the game, lol.

I'll add you

エズリン
PC484-136

will be my info though you just need to check the requests.

The イ needs to be the small one, not the large one.

Also, you spelled your name Hanoka here but it's Honoka in the game, lol.

I'll add you

エズリン
PC484-136

will be my info though you just need to check the requests.

Dammit. Thank you. Fat fingered my own name. :lol:

Aeana

I was looking at the requirements for the mythology quests... I could have sworn that the gaiden quests were required to complete before this, but I don't see that requirement anywhere. Are the gaiden quests required for anything?

Aeana

Yeah for some reason I had it in my mind that something required you to do the town gaiden quests, but I can't figure out what that was, or if it's even true.

Kanann

Yeah for some reason I had it in my mind that something required you to do the town gaiden quests, but I can't figure out what that was, or if it's even true.

Do it all for safety LOL

Yeah, some quest require you to know more about back story first, I guess.

Aeana

I just have so much to do since this is a new character... trying to work out what I should prioritize and what general order to do things in. So far I've basically done nothing except main story up to the start of 2.0 (Seredo village story - 2nd butterfly). Not much in the way of sidequests or anything. I need to back off of main story a bit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just have so much to do since this is a new character... trying to work out what I should prioritize and what general order to do things in. So far I've basically done nothing except main story up to the start of 2.0 (Seredo village story - 2nd butterfly). Not much in the way of sidequests or anything. I need to back off of main story a bit.
I did all the gaidens etc. before moving to 2.0 and despite only some of them being necessary, I'm glad I did. Having access to more train stations/the tons of exp I got from them were really useful.
That said, I completely understand not wanting to bother with stuff you don't need if it's your second character, ha ha.

Aeana

I plan to do everything eventually, just trying to get a good order. I think I'm gonna go for the mega zoomstone first, and then do some 1.x side stuff.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I plan to do everything eventually, just trying to get a good order. I think I'm gonna go for the mega zoomstone first, and then do some 1.x side stuff.
I wish I understood how useful it is, would definitely do that thing before 1.x stuff...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished 2.1! Before I start with 2.2, I'll finish up the stamp cards from 1.x, to get the warp stone for 6 of them done.

Aeana

Finished 2.0 and got the mega zoomstone. Yeah, this is definitely going to make things easier.

Any other advice people have for improving quality of life with later patch features before I dive into earlier content? "Get the mega zoomstone first" is exactly the kind of advice I am looking for.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished 2.0 and got the mega zoomstone. Yeah, this is definitely going to make things easier.

Any other advice people have for improving quality of life with later patch features before I dive into earlier content? "Get the mega zoomstone first" is exactly the kind of advice I am looking for.
I'm going to give you the piece of advice I wish I've gotten earlier (although you probably know this) - start doing weekly 2.0/2.x gates for some great xp as soon as you can. If I started earlier, I'd probably be around ~95 now.

Shouta

Get the dolboard update that has the speed boost if you haven't already. I'm not sure when it becomes available though is the only thing, lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Currently going through 2.2 and I should hit lv 92 on my main class (Armamentalist) soon.
Could someone tell me when should I start buying equipment on the market?
I think I currently have about 1,5 million, maybe a bit more and was hoping that it would be enough for a full set, although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't nowhere near enough.

Before the level cap was raised to 99, I think I read that early 9x equipment would be good enough for the endgame, but now I'm confused.

Shouta

Any of the 9x sets are good so you can pick one of them that you like the stats on. The newest 93 set has a lot of pieces on the market so you might be able to get something decent for cheaper.

Figure out what you want on them as well whether it be status resists or stats. Different pieces have different things that can be put on them so you gotta figure out what you're going to take and what you're willing to not have.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Any of the 9x sets are good so you can pick one of them that you like the stats on. The newest 93 set has a lot of pieces on the market so you might be able to get something decent for cheaper.

Figure out what you want on them as well whether it be status resists or stats. Different pieces have different things that can be put on them so you gotta figure out what you're going to take and what you're willing to not have.
Thanks!
I looked into what's on the market and this is what I bought:
セイクリッドソード
風雲の大盾
ヴァンガードハット
ヴァンガードコート
ヴァンガードグラブ
ヴァンガードブーツ

Edit:
Got to 93 and was able to equip the set:

I think it cost me 500-600k total, so much cheaper than I expected!
It was 1 star only, but at this point I don't care that much.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
2.2 story finished and now I'm halfway through 2.3.
I also unlocked 160-180 skills, hopefully it was worth it.

I don't know if it changed in ver. 3.5, but I noticed that the menu story guide allowing for warping between main story quest locations is active again near the end of 2.2.

I'm not sure if it was active before - I started ignoring that block of text when going through 2.0, because it said only something like "explore the new lands" and didn't allow for warping, like with the 1.0 story.
Can't wait to finish 2.x, it's been really good so far. I hope 3.x is not a letdown.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The most recent update added support for version 2 quests to the story guide, which h includes warping.
That's nice. The system is great for old content, because running everywhere in 1.x and 2.x takes a ton of time and gets old really fast.

Finally finished the 2.x story. I think I'll do the remaining 2 stamp cards to get the zoom stone and clean up 2.x side quests before starting 3.x. I definitely have to invest in sword skill in my other classes, because despite having 180 points in Force, I feel kind of useless in battle.

Edit:
Oh wow, looks like invites for PS4 and Switch betas already went out. Didn't get in... I hope someone here got in and can report on the Switch version's performance.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finished 3.0, which definitely felt much shorter than 2.0.
Not that much happened, but I guess it was just a prologue for 3.x and the new area.

Can't wait to do the quest which enhances the mega zoom stone with 2.x areas.

Catman

Banned
I just realized this game is coming to PS4 and Switch soon in Japan. Still not getting my hopes up for localization, but is it still IP locked? I remember reading about it years ago that it was IP locked, and so I kinda gave up on it because it just seemed like too big a hassle. Considering PS4 and Switch are region free systems, I felt like it might finally seem easier to give this game a try assuming that I can log onto it at all.

OP is not quite so useful with how outdated it is, and how it hasn't been kept up to date.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just realized this game is coming to PS4 and Switch soon in Japan. Still not getting my hopes up for localization, but is it still IP locked? I remember reading about it years ago that it was IP locked, and so I kinda gave up on it because it just seemed like too big a hassle. Considering PS4 and Switch are region free systems, I felt like it might finally seem easier to give this game a try assuming that I can log onto it at all.

OP is not quite so useful with how outdated it is, and how it hasn't been kept up to date.
Literally 4 posts above yours ;)
Someone on the Dragon's Den forum who got into the Switch beta confirmed that it still requires VPN.

The same threads also mentions that the Switch version doesn't have performance problems.
Probably will be the same for the PS4 version, although I don't know of anyone who got into the beta for that one.
I'm still hoping to get a code for a late beta batch for the Switch, since despite the reports, I still want to see how it runs myself.
Not interested in the PS4 version at all, because it requires a subscription separate from the PC/Wii U/Switch one, and a more expensive one too (1500 yen vs 1000).

Agreed on the OP, but I think the community for this game on gaf is pretty much dead with a few people jumping back to the thread when updates get released.

Catman

Banned
Literally 4 posts above yours ;)

Probably will be the same for the PS4 version, although I don't know of anyone who got into the beta for that one.
I'm still hoping to get a code for a late beta batch for the Switch, since despite the reports, I still want to see how it runs myself.
Not interested in the PS4 version at all, because it requires a subscription separate from the PC/Wii U/Switch one, and a more expensive one too (1500 yen vs 1000).

Agreed on the OP, but I think the community for this game on gaf is pretty much dead with a few people jumping back to the thread when updates get released.

Oh :( It's bad enough that they won't release it in other regions, but why the hell do they have to go out of their way to make sure people outside of Japan can't play it with this IP blocking bull shit. Didn't have that problem back when FFXI came out in Japan only at first.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got the free Switch upgrade today. So if I want to play on PS4, I need to buy the game again?
You not only have to buy the game again, but you also have to pay a separate subscription fee for that one version. And it's more expensive - there's only the 1500 yen 5 characters course available.

john tv

You not only have to buy the game again, but you also have to pay a separate subscription fee for that one version. And it's more expensive - there's only the 1500 yen 5 characters course available.
Wait, what? Serious? Why? I can't just use my normal account?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Seems like Sony not playing ball with cross-play without some extra rules.
It's really weird because FFXIV doesn't have this problem. Maybe it's because that one is PC/PS4 only, and DQX supports Nintendo consoles as well.

Aeana

It's really weird because FFXIV doesn't have this problem. Maybe it's because that one is PC/PS4 only, and DQX supports Nintendo consoles as well.

I think FF14 got in special because of FF11. And because there wasn't a non-PC platform it was on. Note how they were never able to get FF14 on Xbox, and I don't think that was entirely Microsoft's fault either.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
A few present codes from SE, valid until the end of September:
Code:
「ごーごーふくびき」   ふくびき券 50個
「ごーごーおみずやり」  超トマトのタネ 5個
「ごーごーれべるあげ」  超元気玉 5個
「ごーごーめたるがり」  メタル迷宮ペア招待券 5個
You can input them through the browser, if you don't want to launch the game.

Top Bottom