• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man Homecoming - Official Trailer #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Did not expect them to show the whole movie.

Odd thing I don't like the Ferry shouldn't have cars on it. Cars haven't been allowed on the ferry since 9/11.

I am a twenty two year old man with his own home, a fiancée, two jobs, two dogs and I just cried over a Spider-Man trailer.

That was fucking beautiful.
Didn't cry but I squealed like a lil kid in a Disney store,shared it on Facebook with only the words yessesssssssssssssssssss yes yessss in that order

That's what I was thinking. Marvel's pretty good about hiding surprises from the trailers. I still hope that this is not entirely the whole movie and there are still some twists.

there may be things here and there that we wouldn't expect but overall i think the trailer still gives away the whole movie.

only thing we don't know is how the villains are tied together in their individual vendettas against spiderman.

Favorite part - 'What's up guys?' and generally being an ass.

Other parts - typical trailer stuff. Looks great though, there's color and sharpness and realism; doesn't look like stuff drawn on a computer with a ton of vaseline and particle effects smeared all over it.

My guess is that they want to show as much of Tony Stark as possible in the marketing and that particular beat is most of what has to do with him in the movie.

edit: assuming you mean the taking back of the suit.

Show a hint of the set-piece, not the begining, middle, and end of it, then the plot ramifications after. There is a way to hinting at that beat, Tony chewing him out or being disappointed, without actually giving so much away.

I might just be picky or in nerd-shock, but it seemed like a lot to give away on the second trailer.

WinFonda

Yeah, some parts look a little rough but other parts look amazing. Overall, pretty good

Keaton gonna be mr steal your scene in this movie

LifEndz

Wish I didn't watch. That iron man moment would've been cool to see for the first time in a theater. This is why I don't watch trailers. They spoil the movie.

Sanjuro

WHY IS AUNT MAY SO HAWT

No. The comics were wrong!

fHSmiyE.jpg

"You need to stop weighing the weight of the soldier on your hand". - Strong philosophical words.

Looks damn good. A bit of a different trailer from the previous, since they're trying to sell the film with a bigger emphasis on the action. I like how they're approaching The Vulture, although I expect the character to get the shaft, and seeing Spidey in action is probably gonna be great if the trailer's anything to go by.

My only complaint is that they show too much, but it's a modern trailer so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Blader

I didn't think that was particularly spoilery. What it revealed is more or less what I expected or had already read about it.

Looks good to me.

Carn82

- Years ago, Keaton became a star by playing a superhero called Batman.
- Years later, Keaton plays a fictional hollywood actor who became a star by playing a superhero called Birdman but never made it big, and who now just wants to prove himself in theater
- In Spiderman, Keaton plays someone who never made it big, and wants to prove himself by becoming a superhero-villain called the Vulture.

I sense a theme!

kiguel182

That trailer was way (WAY) too spoilery...

But, I feel this movie is going to be a great rendition of Spider-Man and I'm going to love it from beginning to end.

I can't wait to see where this new Spider-Man goes from here, so much potential. And the villain looks great, even if it doesn't seem to have the powers of Vulture.

Hopefully he gets to show his strength like during Civil War too. Him failing and getting beatdown is part of Spider-Man and it's fresh having this whole Avengers angle in the movie universe too.

Anyway, day one!

They need to take some lessons from starwars trailers and not show the entire damn movie in a single trailer .

We basically know the major plot points now , and probably all the major action scenes (boat rescue , plane etc )

One of the most spoilerer trailers I have seen in a long time .

Well that was less a trailer than a summary of every major scene and plot point of the entire movie in chronological order. Add one more shot of the actual ending and this could pass for a "Get up to speed in time for Infinity War!" short.

Did not excite me one bit.

Don't know, maybe it's the spoilerish trailer.
But overall I feel Marvel burned us out with their inflationary disaster scale.
I just feel other superhero movies have up'd the ante so high, that this seems rather pedestrian. Might be a good movie, but with Darkseid and Thanos looming right around the corner I really can't get excited about junkyard Vulture and Shocker.

ShadyK54

I didn't think that was particularly spoilery. What it revealed is more or less what I expected or had already read about it.

Looks good to me.

Same here. Movies still 4 months out anyway, whatever is 'spoiled' for me here I'm pretty sure I'll have forgotten by then.

Movie looks so good! One of my most anticipated this year!

I felt like I should have stopped watching halfway through due to the whole fucking movie being shown. Maybe vulture is not the only villain

A better marketing strategy would have viral can border footage of pete performing feats in his pajamas leading up to this film.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Show a hint of the set-piece, not the begining, middle, and end of it, then the plot ramifications after. There is a way to hinting at that beat, Tony chewing him out or being disappointed, without actually giving so much away.

I might just be picky or in nerd-shock, but it seemed like a lot to give away on the second trailer.
I agree, they definitely showed way too much. Tony coming in for the save on the boat scene was the most egregious moment to me, completely unnecessary to include that in a trailer. Felt like a supercut pretty much.

Jackpot

Banned
I don't blame them for showing all the plot considering they need to wash out the taste of all the previous movies.

But it's pretty clear the climactic setpiece is an aerial sequence on a super-plane.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks good...but man they showed a bit too much...what the hell lol.

Temp_User

Im glad that they seem to have gotten Spidey's character correct but that part regarding Stark taking away the Spider-suit and Peter still doing heroic stuff using a homemade costume should most likely not have been revealed on a trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom