• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation has 21 Million PlayStation Plus Subscribers

Armadilo

Banned
Official

CmFrVheWEAElZqS.jpg

40 Million PS4 install base

CmFxv1NWgAAaiWp.jpg

The total number of active PlayStation Network users is over 60 million in total. Therefore, 1/3rd of active users pay for PS Plus

Rha5CcF.jpg

-
Credit to Zhuge for the work. I'm lazy

Crayon

Everyone cancel tonite and this will be free in a week.

By then I'll have a plan to get our billion back.

Armadilo

Banned
Sony will continue to invest in Original Content for PlayStation in order to reach a broad user base.

CmFstSAWAAA8Snj.jpg

-Zhuge again , I really need to know how to recreate images on tweets

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
$50 * 21 million = $1.1 BILLION

All that cash and they still give us indie games every month.

I love how they were able to give us AAA games barely a year after launch with only 2 million subscribers last year.

That seems pretty low. At most (and possibly less) than half of PS4 users can't play online multiplayer.

Yet games like COD and Destiny are some of the most popular.

Xenus

Yeah the big one was like 2-3 years ago when Walmart and other retailers had the cards for cheaper during black Friday. Since then all I find is very small discounts or limited supplies in one site

Yeah 39.99 seems to be the best it gets anymore when it used to be 19.99 or 29.99

Everyone cancel tonite and this will be free in a week.

By then I'll have a plan to get our billion back.
#PSPlexit

On a more serious note, I get nearly 110mbps downloads off PSN, so kudos to Sony for that. I would really like to feel that I get more for my money though, it's time for higher profile PS+ titles on the PS4.

That seems pretty low. At most (and possibly less) than half of PS4 users can't play online multiplayer.

Yet games like COD and Destiny are some of the most popular.

It's not low.

Xbox live tends to be high because it sells mainly in UK and USA mainly. Most the people in those countries have decent enough broadband to play online.

PS4 sells well in Africa, India and other countries that do not have good enough broadband for people to go online with.

Then you have others who simply do not want to pay for it.

That's around £750m a year they making from Ps plus. Crazy how much money they lost out from last gen. Yet people seem to think MS is going to make Xbox live free. Without Xbox live income you can say goodbye to the gaming division at MS. That is the most profitable thing in the division.

Sony will continue to invest in Original Content for PlayStation in order to reach a broad user base.

CmFstSAWAAA8Snj.jpg

Was wondering when they'd do more original shows I'm probably one of the few that enjoys powers. Season 2 has been a lot better

Xenus

CmFstSAWAAA8Snj.jpg

He's just tweeting images from the PDF that was linked earlier in the thread.

thuway

I hope this profit motivates Sony to be more bullish with internal studio growth and hardware innovation.

But first can we get a PSN name change tho?

LordofPwn

CmFstSAWAAA8Snj.jpg

Broadening the reach of a brand is always a good idea on paper but could end up weakening it if they lose sight of the original appeal. Right now the Playstation brand is doing great, I'd argue they're reaching the peak.

Windforce

The growth of "Network Sales" looks scary high. Digital adoption looks unstoppable.

I'm a PS+ subscriber since 2012(?) now, pretty happy with the service. I wonder all the time why people complain so much about PSN, I can play just fine anytime I want with rare exceptions, and I'm online everyday a damn lot of time.

Top Bottom