• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN possibly hacked by OurMine; Megahurtz stolen, Uncharted downgradeton

RdN

God dammit, not again.

I'm happy that, since the last hack, I've never put a credit card again on PSN.

It's a pain in the ass to buy pre paid cards, but I simply do not trust Sony with this kind of information.

They clearly stated that they have access to the database and they aren't leaking it to the public. Stop assuming that it's just their Twitter account.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I wonder if they got access to the account via one of those third party social media management tools that you "grant access" to

Happened to me recently with Spotify. Suddenly my account had some new playlists and songs in my history, I reset my password and the next day it happened again. I went in and noticed that over the years I had "granted access" to about a dozen third party apps, so I nuked all those and it's been good ever since. Had never even thought about that possibility until then

Kyolux

I wonder if they got access to the account via one of those third party social media management tools that you "grant access" to

Happened to me recently with Spotify. Suddenly my account had some new playlists and songs in my history, I reset my password and the next day it happened again. I went in and noticed that over the years I had "granted access" to about a dozen third party apps, so I nuked all those and it's been good ever since. Had never even thought about that possibility until then

Yeah, hootsuite or something most likely.

Oh my god, one of the hackers just spent the $200 I had in my wallet to buy FIFA DLC. Fuckshitfuck. Now how am I going to maintain my Just Dance addiction without hundreds of exclusive tracks to shake my booty to?

Capella

When will we know what really happened? Searching through the thread reveals tons of assumptions and no concrete info.

We'll know once a statement is put out by Sony or IF OurMine really is right and the database has leaked, we'll find out if the data ends up getting out.

Oh my god, one of the hackers just spent the $200 I had in my wallet to buy FIFA DLC. Fuckshitfuck. Now how am I going to maintain my Just Dance addiction without hundreds of exclusive tracks to shake my booty to?
This shit is not funny. Especially since the pre-edit post sounded legit.

This shit is not funny. Especially since the pre-edit post sounded legit.
The pre-edit post that was filled with pure speculation because a social media account was compromised? We went from literally a twitter account compromised to your PSN account was compromised based on nothing.

The title and the sarcastic posts are poking fun at the conclusion jumping and thinly veiled console war boners bursting out of people's pants at the possibility there was an actual PSN hack.

AHA-Lambda

This thread is an embarrassment.

People are rightfully concerned about personal info leaks, especially considering this service's history, and all half of you can do is point and laugh at people screaming "haha fell for it!"

Soar

The pre-edit post that was filled with pure speculation because a social media account was compromised? We went from literally a twitter account compromised to your PSN account was compromised based on nothing.

The title and the sarcastic posts are poking fun at the conclusion jumping and thinly veiled console war boners bursting out of people's pants at the possibility there was an actual PSN hack.

Yeah, there was even a user who wished that the hack is real so Sony is taught a lesson. We'll know the details and severity of the situation as information rolls in, no need to speculate.

People are rightfully concerned about personal info leaks, especially considering this service's history, and all half of you can do is point and laugh at people screaming "haha fell for it!"

I'm one of the guys who "fell for it", but I do feel like there's a lot of fake concerns that's being thrown around in here.

100% agreed. Why the hell shouldn't we as a community be concerned - this is not without precedence - especially as a lot of people here including myself went through back in 2011 with the exact same company.

This act in and of itself is not all that alarming but the possible implications that the tweets imply are. Expressing concern that personal information is possibly compromised should garner sympathy not scorn.

ethomaz

Banned
Twitter account hacked has which relation with PSN? C'mon.

It is not even related with Sony's security but Twitter's security.

Demoskinos

100% agreed. Why the hell shouldn't we as a community be concerned - this is not without precedence - especially as a lot of people here including myself went through back in 2011 with the exact same company.

This act in and of itself is not all that alarming but the possible implications that the tweets imply are. Expressing concern that personal information is possibly compromised should garner sympathy not scorn.

This is the exact result they wanted. Everyone is talking about it spreading these tweets and giving these people free press and advertisement in the process.

Soar

I don't think anyone is laughing at those genuinely concerned with their data, hell I am as well and the first thing I did was to change my password. However there are the console warriors who said things along the lines of "xbox is better, sony sux" or "sony deserves it" that are being frowned at as those are not constructive and only serves to rile people up and add noise to the thread.

Top Bottom