• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

QuebecGAF-Who turned up the thermostat?

raindoc

Seriously. Half a year ago I booked my "summer" vacation and chose Canada/Quebec during the "indian summer". Ideal climatic conditions for me, they said (I hate heat, really really do). Temperatures around 20 degrees celsius they said. Sold. We had a deal.

Yesterday I got out of the airport in Montreal and 30 degrees with what feels like 200% humidity bitchslapped me in the face. I'm driving around in bluejeans and hiking boots and all i can think about all day is the next shower. f****ing lakes everywhere, but the stupid fuck that I am didn't bring swimming trunks, because hey - 30C in Montreal (yeah, i did check the forecast before packing) certainly won't mean 30C in the woods further north... Fuck me. This ain't indian summer, it's more like summer in india. I'm not worried about bears mauling me while hiking - it's so freaking hot, my biggest fear is getting skinned by the Predator.

P.S.: other than that, I'm enjoying myself. Staying around lake sacamonie for the next couple of days, then moving towards quebec city.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hqdefault.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, it's been ridiculous for the past 2 weeks. We're expecting this tomorrow in Quebec city :

kg6AUhm.png

Thankfully, it's going back to normal temperatures(15-17 celsius) on Thursday.

kennah

Yeah it’s hot. Driving three hours today and five hours tomorrow with no ac in the van won’t be a treat. Enjoy it here though. It’s beautiful. If you’re driving to Quebec City stop in my village (Deschambault). It’s pretty and old.

My girlfriend's been sick the past week so she wouldn't let me turn on the fan or a/c. She finally gave in when I wouldn't stop squirming all night in bed.

Screw this heat. Where's my slightly breezy cool fall weather dammit!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It's been like that in Toronto too.

Ridiculous heat for this time of year. All summer it barely got that hot and it rained practically every day.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Haha, sorry dude. It's not usually like that in September!

Wait a few days, it's gonna cool down starting on Thursday, as far as the forecast says.

Been staying mostly indoors with my AC. <3

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
39C, or 102F today with humidity.

It will cool on Thursday onward.

Pakkidis

There was actually fog on the metro platforms this afternoon. Thank your god of choice for AC.

I would except mine decided to break down :(

It keeps freezing up after a few hours. I checked the air filter, made sure the vents were open etc.

Michigan here, it is 87 degrees here (31C in real units for our Canadian friends). Wife took down the portable AC unit like a week or two ago but I'm going to be putting it back up for a few days. Ugh.

Gonna be even hotter tomorrow. Very weird for a MI September.

RevoDS

Sorry not sorry, man...we literally had no summer this year, the last two weeks have been the only nice weather in the whole summer or almost so...it's been a shitty summer.

I'm happy we're at least getting this.

Top Bottom