• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do you buy/redeem your digital movies?

Wedzi

Banned
Pretty much the title. This generation I've been buying more and more games digitally so I kind of want to start doing the same with movies. I've bought a few movies off the Xbox but I'm curious where others procure their digital movies?

Digital Ultraviolet has always been the norm with blu ray digital codes, which I think you can redeem on Flixster and maybe Vudu too? More blu rays are starting to offer iTunes codes too but then those movies are just stuck on Apple products. I don't know if you can redeem these codes on Xbox, Amazon, etc.

What say you gaf? Do you buy movies digitally and if so, where?

rjinaz

If you're in the US, use VUDU. It's UV, awesome quality, they have some additional things you can do like Disc to Digital and Instawatch where you can preorder the physical from Walmart and get early access digitally on VUDU.

I will say though that if you're interested in getting digital codes for cheap for new releases itunes is where it's at, like $2, but you said you buy physical anyway so it wouldn't apply to you.

ITunes. Easy to use on all my Apple devices, can download for offline viewing, and don’t have to worry about them going away anytime soon.

ITunes. Easy to use on all my Apple devices, can download for offline viewing, and don’t have to worry about them going away anytime soon.

This. Many of the films I purchased got auto upgraded to 4k. I watch movies on the train 99% of the time on my phone. So this works well for me.

iTunes. I wait for movies to go on sale ($~10) before purchasing them though.

Yea I'll buy movies day one but I be caving on them 5$ deals

kubev

I purchase all of my movies through Amazon. Given the fact that Apple is freely upgrading past purchases to 4K and HDR when applicable, I really hope that Amazon does the same. I feel like Amazon's done a really poor job up to this point of pushing its 4K content, though.

Top Bottom