• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

GrayFoxPL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNm1h7mdE5g new tekken mobile game, some nice stages there.

LtGtwXn.gif

It looks great, new colorful stages!

It has shitload of content too.

That actually looks good.

But I'm guessing the way it controls is garbage? How does a fighting game even work on mobile/touch screen. Doesn't make any sense to me.

It's likely similar to Tekken Card or other turn based systems.

MechaX

What I meant was that if someone had a diagonal down input in SF for example (3 like Rose's slide kick), I can just roll the stick from down if I am already crouched, over to the diagonal and the move will come out even if I was already throwing out low kicks.

On the other hand, unless the timing is different, I was not able to do the same with Katarina because she has specific moves while crouched period, and some of the d+f kicks I briefly tried only worked if she was standing. If nothing else, it'll force me to be cleaner with inputs.

sasuke_91

I been added NinthPixel.

You can put me on ignore if you have a problem.
You should play him then. He'll be able to teach you a lot.

Look, I don't have a problem with you. If you have questions, everyone here is willing to help. That's what we're here for.
But ever since you came here you have been complaining about stuff that has been proven to be wrong, ignoring help from everyone including me and overall just kept spreading non-sense about Ling. It's also the reason I won't put you on ignore (I've never put anyone on ignore anyway), I don't want people to believe the stuff you're saying.
A few posts above I've asked you what you meant by things like "reaction ability" or "exploit frame punishment", but I've written that post for nothing, you probably haven't even read it.

AAK

What I meant was that if someone had a diagonal down input in SF for example (3 like Rose's slide kick), I can just roll the stick from down if I am already crouched, over to the diagonal and the move will come out even if I was already throwing out low kicks.

On the other hand, unless the timing is different, I was not able to do the same with Katarina because she has specific moves while crouched period, and some of the d+f kicks I briefly tried only worked if she was standing. If nothing else, it'll force me to be cleaner with inputs.

Yes, if you want to do Katarina's d/f+4 and you're held in a crouch state, you have to cancel out of that crouching state by tapping u and then inputting the d/f+4.

EDIT: However, moves with the u/f command can be done from crouch. So if you want to do her hopkick(u/f+4,4) or flipkick(u/f+3) from crouch it will work.

GrayFoxPL

You can't do standing df moves from crouch, you can roll from forward to down-forward though.

LtGtwXn.gif

It looks great, new colorful stages!

It has shitload of content too.

It's likely similar to Tekken Card or other turn based systems.

I have a feeling if there really are 100 characters, it will be gacha based. Basically you will randomly roll for things like a normal 3* Asuka, which will be a shittier version of 5* rank Summer Bikini Asuka that you can only get for a limited time! Uh oh, but wait a minute, if you roll dupes you can power up you bikini Asuka even more, so you better get to rolling!

GrayFoxPL

I have a feeling if there really are 100 characters, it will be gacha based. Basically you will randomly roll for things like a normal 3* Asuka, which will be a shittier version of 5* rank Summer Bikini Asuka that you can only get for a limited time! Uh oh, but wait a minute, if you roll dupes you can power up you bikini Asuka even more, so you better get to rolling!

Supposedly every character has 4 variations with their outfits and stats so that's like 25 characters?

Supposedly every character has 4 variations with their outfits and stats so that's like 25 characters?

Yea sounds like people will be rolling for variations of characters if that is true. And generally that would usually mean they aren't created equal since gachas have a power creep so people keep rolling for more.

You should play him then. He'll be able to teach you a lot.

Look, I don't have a problem with you. If you have questions, everyone here is willing to help. That's what we're here for.
But ever since you came here you have been complaining about stuff that has been proven to be wrong, ignoring help from everyone including me and overall just kept spreading non-sense about Ling. It's also the reason I won't put you on ignore (I've never put anyone on ignore anyway), I don't want people to believe the stuff you're saying.
A few posts above I've asked you what you meant by things like "reaction ability" or "exploit frame punishment", but I've written that post for nothing, you probably haven't even read it.

I'm guessing reaction ability means punish and exploit frame punishment means frame traps.

Everybody needs to calm down.

To veteran players, a new player comes in thinking they know stuff and a veteran player gets irritated happens all the time. That scenario is the reason that most old school players still play. Nothing is more grating to the mind of a Tekken player than scrubs thinking they know about our beloved series, especially if it's our character of choice.

To all the newer players please understand that some of us have been playing this series for over 20 years and sometimes forget that we at one time could not do things like taunt, jet upper one out of 50 times or pretty much everything Dereck posts.

sasuke_91

I'm guessing reaction ability means punish and exploit frame punishment means frame traps.

Everybody needs to calm down.

To veteran players, a new player comes in thinking they know stuff and a veteran player gets irritated happens all the time. That scenario is the reason that most old school players still play. Nothing is more grating to the mind of a Tekken player than scrubs thinking they know about our beloved series, especially if it's our character of choice.

To all the newer players please understand that some of us have been playing this series for over 20 years and sometimes forget that we at one time could not do things like taunt, jet upper one out of 50 times or pretty much everything Dereck posts.

Coming here talking shit thinking you know stuff and realizing you don't is one thing, but being told that what you say is wrong and repeating that non-sense two pages later has nothing to do with that. Have you been reading the thread?

This isn't about some sort of self-gratification either. Very few people here are actual pros and I'm not one of them. I don't really consider myself a veteran player. I started taking Tekken seriously in 2014 and I'm still crap. I don't want to scare away new people either and I'd love for more people stumbling upon this thread. I only want Pheonix RISING to take advice seriously.

maomaoIYP

Reevaluated my play a little more and finally managed to climb out of the blue ranks, feels like an achievement considering I'm only an average player at best.

karasu

these "Warrior" ranked dudes are some rage quitting mfs. It's also like half of them cheesed their way to the rank with lows in the corner lol

CSX

these "Warrior" ranked dudes are some rage quitting mfs. It's also like half of them cheesed their way to the rank with lows in the corner lol

yea and the upper ranked green rank players are copying this shit too. If they arent rage quitting, they immediately quit after one match. Do they love the matchmaking practice screen that much lol?

I either get players who quit after losing the first match (EVEN IF IT GOES TO FINAL ROUND!!) or someone who's willing revenge match for hours. It's mainly the former. Nothing inbetweeen.

And all of these players are King players. Fuck King

Does anyone know any name Miguel players I can watch? I've gotten four different characters to vindicator: Claudio, Shaheen, Kazuya, and Miguel. Miguel is far and away my favorite of those four, but he's also the one where I have the hardest time articulating what I did wrong or what I could do better. I think a lot of it comes down to his short range and lack of solid mixups unless he's in a position to do SAV u/f+3 and SAV d/b+3. So I want to find some people I can watch to get a better feel of how I should be moving and pressuring, but the only player I can find is NYC Fab, who plays about seven characters and rarely falls back on Miguel. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know any name Miguel players I can watch? I've gotten four different characters to vindicator: Claudio, Shaheen, Kazuya, and Miguel. Miguel is far and away my favorite of those four, but he's also the one where I have the hardest time articulating what I did wrong or what I could do better. I think a lot of it comes down to his short range and lack of solid mixups unless he's in a position to do SAV u/f+3 and SAV d/b+3. So I want to find some people I can watch to get a better feel of how I should be moving and pressuring, but the only player I can find is NYC Fab, who plays about seven characters and rarely falls back on Miguel. Any help would be appreciated.

You can dig around this channel for starters, but there isn't much Asian footage on Miguel because he was a console character and arcades only recently got him. Fortunately T7 Miguel fundamentally isn't that different from previous games, so you can look at TTT2 footage to get a feel for how he works there too. Fab (America) and Ao (Japan) are the top users him. Bohee (Korea) also has a Miguel you can learn from since he tends to use a larger variety of attacks.

Generally with Miguel, high level footage isn't going to get you a whoooole lot of info if you're stuck on what you should be doing, because high level Miguel is pretty much....four basic attacks and lots of movement. Expect to see endless amounts of d/f+1, jabs, d/b+4, d+3 and hopkick.

Airbar

Neo Member
Can someone of you drop me a Discord invite via PM? Messaged two of the three guys mentioned in the first post at the beginning of the week but haven't heard back yet.

GrayFoxPL

Can someone of you drop me a Discord invite via PM? Messaged two of the three guys mentioned in the first post at the beginning of the week but haven't heard back yet.

Have you thrown your firstborn off a cliff/off a helicopter/into a volcano? If you do then you'll get an invite.

Thanks guys. Yeah I don't have a problem with Miguel's relative linearity. Just means he's more fundamentals heavy than most characters. I have a vague idea of what to do, just need to know the right timings and spacings to pull it off. I'll take notes from those channels and players and get to work.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Is it true that winning 2,000 matches unlocks all the costume accessories? If so, that gives me a rolling goal for when I get all the remaining achievements.

Ame

Can anyone explain what's going when the opponent's bars are crossed out for the first few seconds when accepting a match. Whenever it's crossed out, the player always accepts and it syncs up real quick.

I wish this was the case for every match. 8/10 times people refuse to play for some reason.

Momentary

Banned
Had some dude named Koksal who played King just rage quit on me. I love it when people rage quit. It's feels better than winning to me.

CSX

Play against another law player who spammed junkyard strings. Ducked and launch punished it nearly every time. After 3 straight matches of being juggled to death, the Law player finally realized that he needs to stop completing the string if i block the first hit. He started throwing out only b1 and just started watching me duck in reaction lmao

maomaoIYP

I've been playing Eliza lately and there seems to be a strange occurance where lots of people don't know how to fight her and rage quit. I'm not even a good player, please stay and deathmatch me.

I don't think I'll ever be good enough to block hellsweeps on reaction, that shit is impossible. I fought the same Heihachi in ranked like 15 times in a row last night and I got hit by 99% of his hellsweeps. Feels bad man.

Top Bottom