• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

Yeah i think lucio's alright and a pretty good enabler, it's just the other options are more tempting. I dunno if he needs to be brought up or anything but i think itd be cool if they made some of the wall run talents baseline.

Altairre

It's so great when you get someone that doesn't even make one step and sits useless in the base until he dcs due to time out. Fun stuff.

Hey all, is anyone here a Twitch Prime member? There's a legendary loot chest thing that releases today and I'm wondering how it is supposed to work. I know Overwatch had something similar but it appeared right on the Twitch page which I'm not seeing at the moment.

Alur

Yep it's up now for me too.

edit: rerolled 3 times, got a duplicate legendary I already had in all 3 rolls :(. I did at least get another Murkalot skin tint in the last one but that's epic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant even log in to twitch, keeps saying there was a unexpected error, try again

Prelude.

Man, Cassia is hard in QM. Her AA range is pitiful and stutter stepping for her trait throws me off since it's so short, her W is weirdly long ranged considering her E and AA, and her Q is just for poking but it's kinda trash unless you go for that build. Basically, you can't do anything until you're already winning the game and get your 16 and 20.

Also, her E is completely fucked, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes she jumps and then does nothing, sometimes it's stuck for a while then jumps in randomly.

And Mewn's daily dose of salt: https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillyVivaciousScallionOSkomodo

brian!

Yeah her e craps out at the worst times, i've been having success with her in qm but you can really feel the pain sometimes. Especially if they have no real autoers. But she's been real fun for me, id only played her for like 4 games before this week

scoobs

yeh tyrande's great
still havent tried that invis ult stuff that ppl keep doing
It's actually insane. You turn into a useful Nova. I was zipping around flanking out of position people and blowing them up from stealth with Stun > mark > AA > Owl combos. Really silly playstyle but damn if it isn't fun.

Alavard

There's a character known as the Crypt Queen, Nezar'Azret. She's a Nerubian (same race as Anub'Arak).

I can't really figure out a connection from her to Kel'Thuzard though. She captured Chronormu (Chromie) and put her in a cage in Stratholme in The Culling of Stratholme that takes place during the events where Arthas slaughtered his people to halt the undead menace.

She later died fighting Anub'Arak and Arthas in Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. Since Kel'Thuzad is on Arthas's side, she would actually be against him.

Edit - But this 'Crypt Queen' looks like she might be humanoid, so it may very likely not even be Nezar'Azret.

Edit 2 - If it is Nezar'Azret and the implication is she's about to be fighting the 'powerful' thing approaching, which is Kel'Thuzad, that's a damn obscure reference to make to tease him. She wasn't even in the mission in Warcraft 3 unless you played it on Hard mode, apparently.

Maledict

Wild tangent but I always thought Blizzard slightly misplayed the culling of stratholme, both in wc3 and the mission in the caverns of time. Because all the people there turn into ghouls, Arthas's actions are obviously the right ones - Jaina was stupid for arguing and teleporting out, because leaving them would just have left a giant undead army in stratholme.

They should have had it so that lots of people didn't turn, and that arthas Made the decision to kill everyone rather than just those who could be clearly identified as being infected. That would be more morally grey, rather than the actual storyline where anyone not doing the same as Arthas was an idiot.

Alur

I never got the overreaction to what he did either. Seemed to make sense to me at the time.

And you can't count on Blizzard teases. It's like the Deathwing thing in that cinematic...or what people thought was Deathwing.

scene opens on Thrall shivering, his breath frosting the air
A CHILL WIND APPROACHES
Thrall "we must protect the Nexus!"
from off camera, "H-hi!"

WELCOME MEI TO THE NEXUS

Well, we have anubarak already , to be honest looks like a Nerubian thing since the spiderqueen is egiptian themed, a Klaxxi ? Kelthuzad is egiptian themed but that guy is too powerful to be a minion

Starcraft dont have anything underground , a roach or a lurker, an Inmortal or a Colossus would be amazing

Diablo have Duriel which live underground and fits the egiptian theme

Overwatch (lol) no idea.

scoobs

I tend to believe in the "where there's smoke, there's fire" way of thinking, so I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't Kel'Thuzad.

Having said that, this is a weird teaser

Alavard

So it looks like there's still some debate on if Garrosh is a solo tank or not? I think the stats on hotslogs prove he's a solo tank.

If Garrosh was a bruiser, you would expect to see his winrate higher when he's paired with another warrior considered to be a 'main tank'. This is not the case.

Going by his winrate by duo partner, the first 'main tank' in the list is ETC, and is his 25th highest winrate partner. Dehaka is next at 26th (who may or may not be a solo tank himself). Continuing down the list, Stitches and Arthas are 46th and 47th, Varian is 49th, Anub is 52nd, Muradin is 57th, Johanna is 59th and Diablo is 63rd.

He seems to do very badly when paired with the heroes usually considered to be solo tanks. Based on that, I'd say he himself is a solo tank.

kirblar

That's not the criticism. It's the wording used. They used "Solo Tank" instead of "Main Tank" and there's a difference. Garrosh is clearly a Main Tank. But he clearly isn't a good solo frontliner w/ a triple backline because he has no ability to peel.

Garrosh + another main tank will go badly cause you won't have any damage.

Garrosh + a frontline bruiser (warrior or assassin) solves that problem.

Alavard

That's not the criticism. It's the wording used. They used "Solo Tank" instead of "Main Tank" and there's a difference. Garrosh is clearly a Main Tank. But he clearly isn't a good solo frontliner w/ a triple backline because he has no ability to peel.

Gotcha. That's a good distinction.

Garrosh is great at peeling. His engage is what's poor imo as Groundbreaker is fairly easy to dodge.

You have Wrecking Ball to get people off your backline; Throw Ally to get your guys away from harassment; Decimate to AoE slow; Groundbraker can be useful in an emergency too when they wanna go past you.

Maledict

But then triple backline is generally a bad team comp full stop. I wouldn't want to run that with *any* tank, because it's simply too easy to blow up a solo tank no matter who they are nowadays.

kirblar

But then triple backline is generally a bad team comp full stop. I wouldn't want to run that with *any* tank, because it's simply too easy to blow up a solo tank no matter who they are nowadays.
Triple backline hasn't been standard meta for a long while for many reasons, but it still can be used on occasion.

Really this is all about how Blizzard's role descriptions still don't make any sense.

last time triple backline was standard gotta be the days of sylvanas jo and leoric. After those two got nerfed we went to double tank and varying degrees of double support melee carry and and and but the days of sylvanas valla plus x are long gone

Maledict

So people on Reddit suggesting that the teaser they showed for today is a Nerubian themed skin for Zagara, which would be part of a bundle of scourge based stuff to be released with Kel'Thuzad. That would definitely make sense and they can tie it into hearthstones new expansion as well.

Zackat

Are we gonna get a HotS anime like the OW one?

I started a new job so I have been almost completely disconnected from video games the past 2 weeks or so

Prelude.

Played 5 games today. 4 had toxic players, idiots, toxic idiots (like going 1v4, gorge taunt Varian, die, and start flaming, repeat over and over) and bots, the only one where everyone was able-minded and connected to the game was a victory. Weekends are always a wonderful experience.

And to make things even more fun, every one of those had stealthies, but only once on our side.

Alur

So people on Reddit suggesting that the teaser they showed for today is a Nerubian themed skin for Zagara, which would be part of a bundle of scourge based stuff to be released with Kel'Thuzad. That would definitely make sense and they can tie it into hearthstones new expansion as well.

This would be awesome.

Do losses with a bot count as a normal loss? Getting a bunch of those lately and it's just a waste of everyone's time.

Yeah in ranked they all count the same. They've said they might consider changing that in the future if they can find a way to do it without it being abused, but who knows. It's shitty.

psyfi

Banned
New hero is being announced on the 21st
Man, as someone who has only been playing for a few months, the new hero schedule seems nuts. This is my first MOBA and I didn't realize they churn out new characters so consistently.

And all of the recent ones have been really cool. I started when Dva was the newest hero, and I think my favorite since her is probably Stukov.

Alur

It wasn't always like this, but it has been like this for quite a while now. Other MOBAs already have their huge 100+ hero roster in tact so only release a few each year, if that. I'm sure HOTS will reach that point, but still gonna be a few years to get to 100.

Top Bottom