• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Muku

To put my two cents into the whole FB thing that continued while at work: no one should be required to input data from an external source one may or may not be a part of. That is what I don't like. If they allowed an oopsie I fucked up swap, that'd be great. But at same time, connecting to any social media is just a bad idea in general. For a variety of reasons. The only social media account I have is with FB, and even then I only signed up while I was in Japan because my cousin convinced me to. She told me family was on there. And living in Japan and talking to family became a bit crazy, figured it'd be the easiest thing to do. That doesn't mean I want everything attached to that.

Was it Up? He said if they ask for FB log in for places, he just leaves. I'm the same way. I only want my social media account tied to my social media account. And even then I don't want it really out there. Just would prefer another way.

Valentus

So now I need to learn how to use Fryevia. I really should have saved those TM's way back when she was released lol. Wiki says she can chain with Orlandu. Anyone have any experience with that? My current team is 2 Landu, TT as the finisher with ring of lucii, Tilith, and WOL tank. Should she replace TT (can't believe I'm even saying that as that's my love!) or one of the Orlandu? She's currently at 821 mag without her sword or dual wield. This is with 3 letters and arms and the Enhancer. Should I get Aqua Blade to allow dual wield as I only have 2 dual wield and 1 genji glove?

:::::EDIT:::::

Stumbled across this on reddit but sadly I only have 87 Star Quart that I need 113 more to get Equip Rod:

Just a quick heads up to all of you that were lucky enough to pull a Fryevia.

A DW Fryevia loses only 7 MAG (according to the excellent unit calculator, haven't tested myself yet) if you substitute a Letters and Arms for an Equip Rod / Draco Spike in offhand. This is assuming you would have equipped Enhancer instead.

Both Equip Rod (fat chocobo) and Draco Spike are "free" (at least if you played previous raid).

It might even be worth swapping out an LnA and give it to someone else (like TTerra or Exdeath) if you are short on them, for greater team damage (although your friend list epeen does shrink by 7 MAG)

Both builds posted below:

3x Letters and Arms (but not second needle)

Fryevia 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Fryevia's Needle +92ATK+112MAG
Left Hand: Enhancer +82ATK+23MAG
Head: Creepy Mask +15MP+15DEF+30MAG
Body: Siren's Robe +30DEF+40MAG/SPR+100%Sleep/Silence
Accessory 1: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Accessory 2: Magistral Crest +30%MAG+30%SPR
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 2: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 3: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Ability 4: Letters and Arms +50%MAG Sword
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Ramuh HP:2800 MP:6200 ATK:1600 DEF:1100 MAG:5900 SPR:4500
Total Stats: HP: 4168 MP: 415 ATK: 422 DEF: 202 MAG: 896 SPR: 318
2x Letters and Arms, Equip rod and Draco Spike (still no second needle, do I look like a whale? Ok rude, I have gained some weight lately, sorry.)

Fryevia 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Draco Spike +30ATK+101MAG+Dracoslayer
Ability 1: Dual Wield Equip two single handed weapons
Ability 4: Equip Rod Can equip Rods
Total Stats: HP: 4168 MP: 415 ATK: 370 DEF: 202 MAG: 889 SPR: 318

Fryevia 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Bowie Knife +82ATK+DualWield
Ability 1: Equip S Sword Can equip Daggers
Total Stats: HP: 4168 MP: 415 ATK: 422 DEF: 202 MAG: 873 SPR: 318

There, you dont have to farm star quartz lmao xD

Fryevia 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Left Hand: Bowie Knife +82ATK+DualWield
Ability 1: Equip S Sword Can equip Daggers
Total Stats: HP: 4168 MP: 415 ATK: 422 DEF: 202 MAG: 873 SPR: 318

There, you dont have to farm star quartz lmao xD

lmfao thank you but this won't work (yet!) as I have not nearly pulled enough Penelo's! I've thrown them all way in rage. As someone playing as long as me I should have this tm by now....

Visceir

I've been just trying to add as many high level DW fryevia friends as possible, just checked and right now I'm at 26 Fryevia friends. Pretty much all of them at 700+ mag and DW.

Been also reserving one materia slot for killer materias on her -- guess I need to work on getting machine killer, otherwise I'm doing fairly alright on having all relevant killers covered.

Haven't deemed it worth getting equip rod yet, but that's mainly because I think there's better things to spend star quartz on. Somewhat done with decking out my fryevia now anyway.

bonkeng

Wow. New OT and we're already at page 6 in just 12hrs. Nice.

Anyway, I'm just gonna do the free dailies for this Mog King event. I farmed like crazy during BF because of 550% bonus. I have massive surplus of mats and King Minituars (10m worth of experience in stock) that I didn't event buy the 100 Gigantuars last event.

Rixa

Holy crap this reddit post got me 10+ 47 chains with Tidus in a row. What sorcery!!

This is game changing, everyone should take a look.

Yea holy shit...just did one with Tidus and a Fridus. Now i need to level my dupe Tidus

It seriously is! Zooming on accident is pretty annoying, but it makes chaining an absolute cakewalk. Kind of silly the game doesn't normally function like this. It's perfect for Tidus and Fryevia in particular, those troublesome chainers.

Congrats Zera, that's at least the best non-banner rainbow you could get!

Holy sparks Batman!
Sadly it's not much help for Oldmandeau (easy chains), but I can see being awesome for the others!

I don't know if it was pure luck or it really worked. Had Pejo's Tidus in my friendlist, went to raid to test it. First I got ~15 chain. 2nd Turn chain of 47, then PTidus was snorted.

I was like wtf when I saw that chain of 47 o_O. I need more testing lol. Well now I know that Ill use all the raid orbs for testing if I see Tidus in my flist :D.

Ken

Oops, just noticed Valentus's build above. So Freyvia is MAG based?

she's hybrid but due to the way hybrid damage is calculated you're better off focusing on one stat

maybe if they revamp it later it'll be viable to build towards both but for now just focus on mag

hitmon

Grab a mag'd out Freyvia for the Mog King, use Frost Flower or w/e it's called and see what happens.

she's hybrid but due to the way hybrid damage is calculated you're better off focusing on one stat

maybe if they revamp it later it'll be viable to build towards both but for now just focus on mag

Thanks, looks like I have some TM grinding to do. I'll also have to figure out how to get the Siren's Robe.

robotuw

Well, I refreshed manually as much as I could this past week, trying to get lots of TM progress. I ended up going from 0% to just over 50% on most of my crew. Today alone I must have done at least 5 refreshes. May not seem like a lot for some of you but that's the hardest I've pushed it so far. I'll (hopefully) get some very good TM units from this coming banner so I need to clear out the old set and make room for them asap.

Alkez

I've been just trying to add as many high level DW fryevia friends as possible, just checked and right now I'm at 26 Fryevia friends. Pretty much all of them at 700+ mag and DW.

Do I have you on my FL? I swap between Aileen and Frye often but mine is just below 900.

And here I was about to brag that some combo of Reberta Mystic Thrust + Yun Raging Bird + Fohlen Sonic Blast + Friendlandu Divine Ruination was accidentally racking up 24 chains.

I don't know if you saw my post at the end of OT4 but Rasler and physical based Ashe will be able to chain with Reberta.

Holy crap this reddit post got me 10+ 47 chains with Tidus in a row. What sorcery!!

Celegus what is this magic...

across

Ashe in 15 mins, good luck to anyone pulling.

Half my tickets, a princely 15, and possibly a 5k pull. I'm planning on skipping the next banner or four until the Veritas drop. So far I've had about a 30% success rate at actually skipping banners I say I'll skip, though, so...

Good luck to everyone else. May your pulls be yellow and/or rainbow.

Rixa

Ashe in 15 mins, good luck to anyone pulling.

Half my tickets, a princely 15, and possibly a 5k pull. I'm planning on skipping the next banner or four until the Veritas drop. So far I've had about a 30% success rate at actually skipping banners I say I'll skip, though, so...

Good luck to everyone else. May your pulls be yellow and/or rainbow.

I will pull some tix (plus all the KM tix) and one multi.

Also I will claim 3 Expeditions after day change. Got them finished earlier this morning and thought, I can wait few hours to get jump start for next expedition week. If they succeed:

C - 100%
B - 90%
B - 75%

Good luck to every GAFpullers :)

Visceir

My 10+1 ticket
dG7euzt.jpg

Accidentally used 4* ticket too, rip. At least it was Rasler.

Rixa

Daily: Amarant
2 Tix: 2x Vaan
Multi: Rikku (only gold), 3x Vaan and other shit.

Oh well I have 5 Rikkus, her TM is like 5 days work now :D. Also full party of Vaans + Ace. Time to start event. Get the tix and pull more.

Dandte

Ugh, Servers are hammered and Amazon coins are expensive now.

But I got my Zarg; I'm going back to sleep.

Did a YOLO 11 pull for some reason, ending up getting Frieza

Well that was unexpected........

Used 8 tix, got Ashe and a 2nd Noctis

My 10+1 ticket

wohoo grats guys. Gaf is surely lucky this morning.

My pulls were Van, Trey and 4* ticket Agrias....sigh.

Syntsui

Used all of my 20 tickets, including two 4* and...

A fuck ton off banner golds
A fuck ton of Vaans
1x Rasler
1x Zargarbanzo

Time for the multis...

Syntsui

Four freaking multis, one Ashe.

Considering I have everyone already, I won't pull anymore. I'm disappointed that I didn't get more Ashes but at least I don't have to whale for Zargarbanzo.

across

19 tickets,
A 5k pull,
1 4* ticket,
10+1 ticket,
and finally another 5k pull,

Resulting in 2 Raslers, a Zargabaath and no Ashe.

I was only pulling for Ashe.

Send help.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily - Penelo
Ticket 1 - Cyan
Ticket 2 - Blue --> Gold -->Soleil FFS
Ticket 3 - Artemios
Ticket 4 Gold - Rasler
Ticket 5 Leo

Eh....what a bummer tbh.

Edit:

Rasler TM looks good though.

Kettch

Ashe is cool, but not double 4* banner cool. I'm gonna pass on this and just hope to get her on a random gold in the future.

Doctor_No

How many did it take? I'm on 22 pulls so far and only Easier...getting anxious!

Edit: a fucking off-banner Trance Terra dupe! What the fuck!

I had to level him up before I sleep. Testing out some builds.

Luckily, it only took me 44 pulls. But I only got 1 Rasler and Ashe, drop rates on them kinda low from my small pool of pulls.

Dupe TT isn't bad at all.

Alkez

Why is everyone getting Rasler but few are getting Ashe without committing a lot of resources? Weird.

I spent 3 more tickets, still no yellows. Think I'm done with this banner. 23 tickets wasted. Still got 40 + 1 4* ticket.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh nice Rixa...your Ace is up. So iirc i can more or less one shot the Macalania Wood Boss ?

Why is everyone getting Rasler but few are getting Ashe without committing a lot of resources? Weird.

I spent 3 more tickets, still no yellows. Think I'm done with this banner. 23 tickets wasted. Still got 40 + 1 4* ticket.

You know why - desire Sensor.

I have no 3x Vaan + Rasler and the ELT stage is quite easy so i might already be done with this banner outside of the Tickets i get from the Event.

Need to level some units though.

Doctor_No

This is the highest I could get Zargabaath's MAG; 4 Letter of Arms equipped. Not incredibly high. There might be better builds which I haven't realized yet

I also went ahead and almost maxed his LB as well, I'm at Lv24, almost at 25, I have to cash in some of those arena points. I'll test it out tomorrow.

Note: As he gets a 30% MAG boost from katanas, and 20% from fire weapons, a Chijiriden gives you a 50% mag boost; Enhancer + Chijiriden + 4 Letter of Arms can get you near or over 700 Mag.

1V0uWQy.png

For fun here's the highest I could get his HP, almost as high as Wilhelm, which I can get close to 13k hp. Obviously BiS tank build will require four Raisler TMs, which I don't have.

ahi4ZfE.png

Nikokuno

Am I the new Hippo guys??? Wtf is happening?!?!?!?!

https://imgur.com/gallery/laRQW

This was from the 4* ex ticket i got from pulling for Fryevia last night!!!!!

10 tickets. All off banner.

1 multi. Rainbow! Fohlen. Ashe. Rasler.

Shitty rainbow.

Used all of my 20 tickets, including two 4* and...

A fuck ton off banner golds
A fuck ton of Vaans
1x Rasler
1x Zargarbanzo

Time for the multis...

My 10+1 ticket

Not bad guys, not bad

Alkez

I have no 3x Vaan + Rasler and the ELT stage is quite easy so i might already be done with this banner outside of the Tickets i get from the Event.

This is true.

I also ended up with that same combo. I had one Vaan from before and pulled 2 and a Rasler. It's enough bonus wise but I actually wanted Ashe to use. O well, she's not limited so hopefully she'll show up one day.

I think this is the weakest mog king boss so far. Usually I have to attack song or deprotect or something but it just dies in one. It's nice though, means I can just hit repeat the whole way, especially as there aren't any multi enemy rounds.

Syntsui

DqoYLxs.png

Gearing him will be a pain in the ass, too many possibilities, but for now I'll stick with the jack of all trades.

tuffymon

48 tickets later... an ashe, a rasler... and a blue > gold > rainbow Zarga! I admit... I feel weird cause I was willing to go all in with my lapis, but didn't need to use that or my 4* tickets... whelp... time to hoard again.

oh my eyes syntusi :p

Rixa

Oh nice Rixa...your Ace is up. So iirc i can more or less one shot the Macalania Wood Boss ?

Need to level some units though.

Not one shot, it still takes quite a many turns. But now they have fixed that element weakness. I haven tested how it works but Ace weapons are elementless.
Also use Ace LB when its ready and Wild Card gives nice dodge to Ace and ofcourse Tri-Beam.

Also 8 tickets and one multipull = 1 Gold unit.

Its my 5th Rikku. Horrible gold rate at the moment in this banner, hopefully it fixes with more pulls from dailies + 5 tix to get & pull.

Going with Ace + 4 Vaans + friend something.

Congrats on all your Zargs! I hope I can get at least one Ashe with my remaining lapis pulls. Rates seem a lot more stingy than FFX banner!

Top Bottom