• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest |OT| A Soft Heart for the Hard Core

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Finally went to the trouble of comparing my GPU to the recommended specs and I'll definitely be picking this up in the near future!

edit: what a dumb post for the top of the page.

Hey guys, what do you like best about platformers? The jumping or the landing?

Nope, still a bad post.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Getting some serious Joe Hisaishi vibes from the soundtrack, it's really good.

~7 more hours everyone :D

I like reviews that are more than 2 little paragraphs so I am glad to check your site out.

Thanks! As always, I recognize that we can always improve, so if you have any feedback I'd be happy to receive it in order to continuously improve and better ourselves :). My DM is always open!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Go get 'em little Stitch-looking critter!

If anyone's looking to make some GIFs for the game, Instagiffer is great. It's free, has lots of good features and can handle a variety of sources (including Youtube and local captures from Shadowplay). Someone recommended it on the indie dev thread.

Doing an early jump to fall through a hole faster when you get to it during a speedrun. Such science! Also walljump chains.

Come to think of it, I wonder if anyone's ever done a thread about good/bad landing animations. That could be interesting.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Finally went to the trouble of comparing my GPU to the recommended specs and I'll definitely be picking this up in the near future!

edit: what a dumb post for the top of the page.

Nope, still a bad post.

I have my settings to show 100 per page. Your edit confused me for a solid 10 seconds.

Obviously jumping.

Ascenion

It's awesome seeing Ori in the top trends since last night

I posted it in the review thread but will post it here as well. Here is our site's review: http://www.xboxgamer.me/ori-and-the-blind-forest-review/

Give the little sites some love all! :p

Hey I remember some of you guys from general game discussion on the Xbox.com forums, I used to be pretty active there. I'll definitely give the site a chance. Had no idea you guys made one.

DirtyLarry

This month is really starting to get crazy.
Somehow this game went completely under my radar until today.
I love platformers. I love, absolutely love, the visual style of this game.
Everything I see about it has pretty much turned it into a Day 1 Purchase.
Just have to figure out the time to play it.

RoKKeR

If it can maintain that score (no doubt it can), that would be the first next-gen game scoring in the 90s that isn't a remake/port from last gen. About damn time I say !! Can't wait to download it when the store updates.

**On XB1 and PS4
Wow, that's very impressive. Good for them.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
With the new Xbox update going live for everyone I'm expecting a lot of Ori in the console screenshots thread tonight.

I haven't spoiled myself on it too much, but I did watch the behind the scenes video and it was certainly very tantalizing.

I'm making sure not to look at the track names because of spoilers :p

Servbot24

Banned
This month is really starting to get crazy.
Somehow this game went completely under my radar until today.
I love platformers. I love, absolutely love, the visual style of this game.
Everything I see about it has pretty much turned it into a Day 1 Purchase.
Just have to figure out the time to play it.

The art + the reviews are basically pushing this to the top of my backlog.

Unfortunately the top of my backlog still gets pretty neglected but I'll force myself to take a couple hours off this week to play it.

Brad Shoemaker's posts on Twitter today got me interested in this game again (I haven't really thought about it since its reveal and didn't even realize it was coming out today) and then I came on NeoGAF and got really excited about it. I might just have to buy this on the Xbox One tonight. Of course, Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number just finished downloading on Steam, so we'll see if I actually get around to it. Either way, I look forward to playing the game soon.

wouwie

Can't wait to play this. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced. Hopefully, it runs ok on my pc. And if not, i'll have to borrow, beg or steal anything that can (so to speak). Since it won't be released before midnight tomorrow on Steam apparently, it will probably be thursday evening when i have time to try it out though.

Nabs

How does that work exactly? Does that mean it's a better idea to pre-order the game via Live's store? Was thinking about grabbing it via Amazon, but they're saying you don't get the code until midnight?

Wait until 8pm and buy it from Microsoft.

Kiyoshi

Anyone know if Steam is going to have a soundtrack edition? Or is the soundtrack only available separately? I'm fine with the latter (it sounds awesome) just didn't know whether to wait for the Steam page to update before I buy separately.

I cannot wait to lay this game. I've been a fan since I saw the first video and I have literally been on a media blackout ever since. I did get to see the Gamescom demo but only because I watched the stream live.

My body is ready.

You know what would be cool? Preloading. I want to buy and preload this now. But I can't. Thanks, Microsoft. =(

I wanted to pre-load Ori this weekend but it's not avaliable for the game. Luckily, you'll be able to play while it downloads.

Hey guys,

Sorry for not replying earlier - we've been celebrating yesterday til pretty early in the morning :)

6 1/2 more hours til all of you can play it - I can't wait to read all of your impressions! :))

And thanks for the OT!

Servbot24

Banned
Hey guys,

Sorry for not replying earlier - we've been celebrating yesterday til pretty early in the morning :)

6 1/2 more hours til all of you can play it - I can't wait to read all of your impressions! :))

Congrats to you! Must feel super satisfying to have it done and getting great reviews :)

Congrats to you! Must feel super satisfying to have it done and getting great reviews :)

Truth to be told, I was a bit depressed about the Digital Chumps review yesterday... but I read a ton of the reviews now and it feels good to know that they enjoyed it as much as they did :)

I just hope you guys now have an amazing time playing Ori - and don't forget to share your impressions! :)

Seeing the scores this game is receiving is heart warming to me!

I'm going to buy this Friday (payday), but man i'm even more excited to play this! Congrats Moon Studios!!!

jShr8wkP38XTO.gif

Question... I asked about making the OT for this yesterday and didn't hear back. Is it just a first come or first serve thing or what?

Not complaining about this one. You did good work. But I'm just wondering if there are some sort of 'rules' because it sucks missing out on making an OT for the game I was the most excited about playing the entire first half of this year.

Truth to be told, I was a bit depressed about the Digital Chumps review yesterday... but I read a ton of the reviews now and it feels good to know that they enjoyed it as much as they did :)

I just hope you guys now have an amazing time playing Ori - and don't forget to share your impressions! :)

Thomas! Does he squeak?

Question... I asked about making the OT for this yesterday and didn't hear back. Is it just a first come or first serve thing or what?

Not complaining about this one. You did good work. But I'm just wondering if there are some sort of 'rules' because it sucks missing out on making an OT for the game I was the most excited about playing the entire first half of this year.

OTs for games are called in the community thread here -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

This one was called by the OP some time ago (July 2nd 2014, specifically) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119233757&postcount=2194

Hey guys,

And thanks for the OT!

You deserved to party after all your hard work! Who all from MS was there?

Hey guys,

And thanks for the OT!

Congrats! Wonderful to see Ori getting so many great scores!

OTs for games are called in the community thread here -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

This one was called by the OP some time ago (July 2nd 2014, specifically) -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119233757&postcount=2194

Jesus.... that long ago? Whelp.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know the rules 'round these parts regarding OTs. Well at least I still get to write the walkthrough for TA and make tons of videos. :D

Huh? I think we're releasing the Steam version in the same minute. I'll knock down some doors for you :)

Edit: Yup, in 6 hours Ori will be available on both Xbox One and Steam!

I haven't wanted to call in sick to work for a game in a long, long, LONG time man. I didn't want to for MCC, didn't want to for SO, didn't want to for anything in recent memory.

It's killing me that I have to go in at midnight tonight, so by the time I download it (starting at 7pm my time), I'll likely only get 2-3 hours with it before I have to go die for 8 hours. Then I'm coming home and playing it MOAR.

Awesome job. Please tell everyone at Moon Studios how freaking incredible you guys are. I don't often feel so guaranteed that I'm going to love a game before I even get my hands on it, but everything about this game screams love.

Top Bottom