• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

ZeroX03

Banned
We’re finally getting a Crisis AND the pantheon of evil mirror villains to boot. I know they’ve played around with the heroes as enemies with mind control and Earth-2 stuff but looks like this is them going all the way woo.

Noticed they snuck Captain Cold on the hero side.

Notably absent heroes: Spartan, Martian Manhunter, Guardian, Steel, Kid Flash

Wild Dog's mask looks like it may have gotten an upgrade.

Speedy absent too, although with Willa is part time now so I wouldn’t read much into that. Supergirl was supposed to have her full team this time too, so weird it’s just her.

Wonder what Earth this Snart is from.

It's fucking scary to think about super villains that are Nazis..... A Nazi Flash?! Holy Calcified Speed Force! A Nazi Supergirl?!?!!!! Fuck. My. Life.

Like.... What can the Allies even do to counteract those two (besides plot force and character induced stupidity) without having their own versions to counter them?

*shudders*

What exactly is Crisis? Worse than Flashpoint?

Crisis is the... I guess super-name for DC's big events. Crisis on Infinite Earths was the first ever company-wide comics crossover event (thus being the trope namer), and it was followed up by stuff like Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis. I dunno if I'd say "worse," but it generally denotes cosmic threats, extra-universal invasions, stuff like that.

Considering it looks like we're getting a Crime Syndicate to go along with it I'm just about over the moon.

edit: oh man I didn't pick up on the implications of the double lightning bolts and the Multiversity reference with the name. EVEN MORE DOPE.

tim1138

Crisis is the... I guess super-name for DC's big events. Crisis on Infinite Earths was the first ever company-wide comics crossover event (thus being the trope namer), and it was followed up by stuff like Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis. I dunno if I'd say "worse," but it generally denotes cosmic threats, extra-universal invasions, stuff like that.

Considering it looks like we're getting a Crime Syndicate to go along with it I'm just about over the moon.

edit: oh man I didn't pick up on the implications of the double lightning bolts and the Multiversity reference with the name. EVEN MORE DOPE.

Yeah man, there's no Crime Syndicate here, Earth X is where the Nazis won World War 2. The heroes of this Earth are Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters. Morrison took it a step farther during 52, and then Final Crisis, by introducing Overman and Overgirl. The New Reichsmen and the evil Nazi versions of the JLA didn't pop up until Multiversity, but Earth X as a concept dates back to pre-Crisis continuity.

strafer

Sounds interesting.

"Crisis" was the standard crossover name from before CoIE, and from what the producers said about it this is more referencing those old ones:

“We conceived this year’s crossover to be evocative of the annual Justice League/Justice Society crossovers we grew up with and looked forward to as kids,” said Executive Producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg.

ZeroX03

Banned
Damn less than two weeks before the shows hit. Any more OT titles? These struck me as the best so far.

The Flash S4 |OT| Think Fast!
Arrow S6 |OT| You Know Diggle, I Think I'm Out Of Island Stories

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 |OT| The Dahrkest Timeline
Supergirl Season 3 |OT| I'M CYBORG SUPERMAN

Arrow Season 6|OT| Back on Target
Black Lightning Season 1|OT| Static Pops
Supergirl Season 3|OT| Long May She Reign

Since there's already a Superman, he should play the Arrowverse version of Shazam.

And make Oliver's kid be Billy Batson. William already likes heroes who wear red,gold and lightning bolts.

ZeroX03

Banned
If they got Welling, with Dean Cain and Brandon Routh already on that’d leave Cavill as the only living Superman not to appear in the Arrowverse right? If they bring Smallville into multiverse canon they can sort of retroactively nab Reeve.

They could almost certainly get Tim Daly after Madam Secretary finishes for bonus points too.

ZeroX03

Banned
when do the soundtracks come out?

Sometime in October. The release dates are always messy, Blake Neely said Oct 10 for Flash and Legends, but Amazon is saying Oct 27 and it's never been consistent.

The soundtracks for Flash and Legends were finished earlier and have artwork release, so expect them before Arrow and Supergirl.

51-FhIJLAvL.jpg
61N0oeyQ4WL.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Does S6 have a new cinematographer? A lot of those trailer shots are REALLY good

Not sure about cinematographer, but based James Bamford is back behind the directing chair for the premiere which most of the shots are from. He went from ambitious but very clumsy to one of Arrow’s strongest assets in like three episodes. So good.

Also in Arrow news:

Yes, that’s Prometheus in the crossover but it’s not Adrian Chase.

Episode 5 is titled ‘Deathstroke Returns’ and 6 is ‘Promises Kept’. So go figure.

Magwik

Banned
Not sure about cinematographer, but based James Bamford is back behind the directing chair for the premiere which most of the shots are from. He went from ambitious but very clumsy to one of Arrow’s strongest assets in like three episodes. So good.

Also in Arrow news:

Yes, that’s Prometheus in the crossover but it’s not Adrian Chase.

Episode 5 is titled ‘Deathstroke Returns’ and 6 is ‘Promises Kept’. So go figure.
The action under Bamford was always really well done, but a lot of the shots were extremely poor or underwhelming for me, still hella excited.

Also, the crossover Prometheus is actually Vigilante.
Or Earth 2 papa Arrow

Top Bottom