• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

CCS

Banned
Anyone that sticks out so far? What do you think about the vote leaders?

On the vote leaders, I always seem to end up scum reading Faddy even when he's town, so that's nagging at me. Wouldn't vote for him today.

Zeusy is playing in a way I don't particularly like, very light on detail and rather jumpy (fully aware of the irony, thanks). Will leave my vote there for now.

VOTE: Zeusy

Bronx-Man

Banned
Peeps I got a good feeling on so far:

Sorian
CCS
acohrs
Splinter
Fat4All

Peeps I’m feeling iffy on:
Zipped
Zeusy
Zee
Faddy
Dusk Soldier

Not saying I think y’all are scum, but the way you’ve been playing so far is making me arch an eyebrow. Not a Rock eyebrow, more like a fancy frenchman hearing that he’ll have to wait 30 mins on the escargot.

Faddy

Banned
Coming into the final day I think some scum will be sitting tight just in case they need the votes and don't want to be seen as nakedly flipping

So non-voters were
acohrs (has previously voted), Bronx-Man, Burbeting, CCS, Dr. Worm, Fat4all, Kalor, Penguin, Swamped, Zeusy, Zippedpinhead

acohrs didn't actually vote so no credit.

CCS has been absent but is straight in with reads and a vote so I'm not really thinking of him. The others have kept quiet and barely even hinted at where they will land.

Sorian
CCS
acohrs
Splinter
Fat4All

Zipped
Zeusy
Zee
Faddy
Dusk Soldier

Not saying I think y’all are scum, but the way you’ve been playing so far is making me arch an eyebrow. Not a Rock eyebrow, more like a fancy frenchman hearing that he’ll have to wait 30 mins on the escargot.

Think you might have a subconcious bias there.

Not sure I can trust your analysis this early in the game.

Sorian

Banned
Thought day end was tomorrow, usually I'm fine on weekends but rougher when I'm visiting family and on mobile the whole time.

Offhand, I'd say I'm town reading Panda, Fat, and Splinter. Panda is a lot of a gut read just with how he's been playing. Fat, for how much he usually gifs and shit posts, has had moments where he's cut through the bullshit and said what I was thinking, and I already talked about Splinter and honestly with how Ty4on gave me weird push back on it, I'm feeling contrarian on the read now.

For scum, I obviously have Faddy but the rest is harder. No one has really done a whole lot bad overall. I'm more on meta for the rest, who is quiet that usually isn't? Ouro and Burb come to mind when I think like that. I did like Kawl thinking on it now though.

zeemumu

More like CM Punk

Ha

Please don't question the list.

BVbv7ZY.gif

Faddy

Banned
Thought day end was tomorrow, usually I'm fine on weekends but rougher when I'm visiting family and on mobile the whole time.

Offhand, I'd say I'm town reading Panda, Fat, and Splinter. Panda is a lot of a gut read just with how he's been playing. Fat, for how much he usually gifs and shit posts, has had moments where he's cut through the bullshit and said what I was thinking, and I already talked about Splinter and honestly with how Ty4on gave me weird push back on it, I'm feeling contrarian on the read now.

For scum, I obviously have Faddy but the rest is harder. No one has really done a whole lot bad overall. I'm more on meta for the rest, who is quiet that usually isn't? Ouro and Burb come to mind when I think like that. I did like Kawl thinking on it now though.

Why are you continuing to push a scum read on me. It makes zero sense. I have a soft claim that I am not an Ordinary Parasite, so that would imply that I have a greater role. Why do you want to lynch someone in my position?

Sorian

Banned
Why are you continuing to push a scum read on me. It makes zero sense. I have a soft claim that I am not an Ordinary Parasite, so that would imply that I have a greater role. Why do you want to lynch someone in my position?

Sounds more like you are interested in scaring people off a lynch with threats like this over actually being helpful (which you haven't been all day)

Faddy

Banned
Sounds more like you are interested in scaring people off a lynch with threats like this over actually being helpful (which you haven't been all day)

Yes I would prefer not to be lynched.

And I am trying to be as helpful as possible.

zeemumu

Sorian
CCS
acohrs
Splinter
Fat4All

Zipped
Zeusy
Zee
Faddy
Dusk Soldier

Are your lists 5 and 5 because there should be roughly 5 scum by the rules of the plot and it'd seem sketch if you landed on the exact number for one or is that just a coincidence? I guess the best bet for either list would be to mix and match scum and town and frontload one with scum and a few town while the other has more town and one scum, then make sure that the scum from the town-heavy list and the town from the scum-heavy list get killed to make them more trustworthy. So the number might actually be a coincidence or an attempt to hide bias. Or maybe you just like symmetrical lists, I dunno.

zeemumu

Then again that strategy wouldn't last forever but it would give you a few free rounds and might grant you some plausible deniability afterwards.

Sorian

Banned
Are your lists 5 and 5 because there should be roughly 5 scum by the rules of the plot and it'd seem sketch if you landed on the exact number for one or is that just a coincidence? I guess the best bet for either list would be to mix and match scum and town and frontload one with scum and a few town while the other has more town and one scum, then make sure that the scum from the town-heavy list and the town from the scum-heavy list get killed to make them more trustworthy. So the number might actually be a coincidence or an attempt to hide bias. Or maybe you just like symmetrical lists, I dunno.

I don't like giving Bronx too much credit for things but 5 would be the correct number of scum and not because the plot demands it. Mafia games tend to err on the side of 20-25% being mafia. The five percent discrepancy is for neutrals. Lower percent if any neutrals would be scum aligned and higher if they would be town aligned.

zeemumu

I don't like giving Bronx too much credit for things but 5 would be the correct number of scum and not because the plot demands it. Mafia games tend to err on the side of 20-25% being mafia. The five percent discrepancy is for neutrals. Lower percent if any neutrals would be scum aligned and higher if they would be town aligned.

Well, 5 Smiths

Kalor

I'll put my vote on zeemumu for now. Their repeated posts about the scum team feels like they could be trying to appear more active without contributing too much.

Vote: zeemumu

Burbeting feels weird to me as well. Their two posts are both related to Ouro/ Sorian being scum and nothing besides that. There's a 9 hour time gap between the posts so it's not even a bit that they did for a little while. It's something that they came back to for whatever reason.

I'm not liking that zeemumu vote. I agree with Sorian that zeemumu was just looking a bit too hard at something that wasn't really there, but I appreciate that they were making a sincere effort.

Also, the calling out of the inactive is a low effort ploy as well. I think Kalor just made my list.

Speaking of lists, is there a list anywhere of what pronouns I should be using for each player?

Sorian

Banned
I'm not liking that zeemumu vote. I agree with Sorian that zeemumu was just looking a bit too hard at something that wasn't really there, but I appreciate that they were making a sincere effort.

Also, the calling out of the inactive is a low effort ploy as well. I think Kalor just made my list.

Speaking of lists, is there a list anywhere of what pronouns I should be using for each player?

No, it's usually the OP list. I also messed up your gender, didn't I?

eh, to be honest inactivity is the goto strategy for gafia scum right now.

the only thing we have to go on right now are prod votes and mechanics speculation anyways. Might as well target activity levels.

*Splinter

I'll put my vote on zeemumu for now. Their repeated posts about the scum team feels like they could be trying to appear more active without contributing too much.

Vote: zeemumu

Burbeting feels weird to me as well. Their two posts are both related to Ouro/ Sorian being scum and nothing besides that. There's a 9 hour time gap between the posts so it's not even a bit that they did for a little while. It's something that they came back to for whatever reason.
Alright Kalor is paying attention, and Zeemumu is a good vote

VOTE: zeemumu

acohrs

Comes with my usual caveats, but acohrs seems more like town acohrs rather than scum acohrs so far.

When does Cabot come in and confirm which one is true?

IMO kalor has had 2 good observations though. The main one is quiet burb is usually scum burb and zeemumu has posted stuff that implies deeper knowledge of the scum team. Would be happy to see either flip right now, would personally prefer to see a burb flip though

vote: burbeting

Yeah, lots of people coasting(I'd be included in that too, though not intentionally, I swear).

Zeemumu is a weird one I'll admit. I'm not a fan of posting unrelated things, while not actually scum hunting. The scum data stuff they've posted has been sketch too. This is a very episode specific game, I really doubt that scum weren't given fake claims, or the resource to find their own, as someone said earlier every parasite has a name. Asking everyone to claim day 1 is almost always a bad choice.

Zeusy stuck out as well, as someone who's here, but not really doing anything.

Right now, I like my zipped vote. They've done nothing to restore confidence.

(Side note, with no gender pronouns, unless I know your gender from past games, I will be referring to everyone else as a they)

Bronx-Man

Banned
...It’s literally just a list of people that stood out enough in a good way or bad way.

Between this and the “Who’d He Shoot N2” shenanigans of Infamous Mafia, you guys pull out the deeeeeeeep reaches of trying to analyze my posts.

Swamped

Banned
How do you feel about Sorian RN

So far, he seems like town Sorian to me but that could change in the coming days. I feel ok about his town read list that he posted too (Panda, Fat and Splinter).

that's a pretty interesting conclusion to draw from this

There was an exchange between Ouro and Dr Worm that nobody really remarked on, but it didn't make me feel that good about Ouro. It's like Ouro was trying to press Dr Worm, but did so in a very lazy way, or maybe just for appearances. That point never really went any where, I was expecting some conclusion or something. I agreed with Dr Worm's point, so maybe that's biasing me against Ouro. But l'm not feeling good about Ouro right now.

I see where people are coming from with Zeemumu.

I was feeling iffy on LoC, but his #427 post seems ok actually. It could be that he is just busy. Not sure that I agree with a Zipped vote though, but I do understand LoC's thinking. Zipped has mostly said not much all day, but he's been making loads of jokes and seems really at ease, so I am gut reading him as town.

Comes with my usual caveats, but acohrs seems more like town acohrs rather than scum acohrs so far.

Hmm I do take this read pretty seriously because you know acohrs far better than I do, but you could be scum. Thing is, I'm scum-reading acohrs. He threw some low-key shade on me which he never really followed up on.

VOTE: acohrs

I could also vote for Ouro, Zeemumu, or Burb.

Sorian

Banned
Every single person who has voted for me has done so with no explanation. Not sure what you'd like to hear from me when you do that.

Hmm I do take this read pretty seriously because you know acohrs far better than I do, but you could be scum. Thing is, I'm scum-reading acohrs. He threw some low-key shade on me which he never really followed up on.

VOTE: acohrs

I could also vote for Ouro, Zeemumu, or Burb.

Idk, I've always found meta stuff to be really risky, without a strong set of variables. So many different things can change someones game. A really strong power role vs a reg town, a weak power role, a better theme, ect. ect.

I realize that you have different motives, but lynching someone off of that presumed play switch(even if it isn't imagined) seems misguided.

Swamped

Banned
Idk, I've always found meta stuff to be really risky, without a strong set of variables. So many different things can change someones game. A really strong power role vs a reg town, a weak power role, a better theme, ect. ect.

I realize that you have different motives, but lynching someone off of that presumed play switch(even if it isn't imagined) seems misguided.

You're talking about my read on Zipped right? What you say is true, and I should try to clear my mind about him. But I dunno, I still think he's town in my gut.

Faddy

Banned
If y'all could just explain your votes when you make them, that'd be swell.

Well your reason for voting zeemumu seems to be because Kalor is voting that way.

Zeemumu has posted some fluff but seems to have drawn quite a bit of heat for it. Seems slightly strange.

Faddy

Banned
Clearly a response to Zeusy but judging from your last couple posts, I'm questioning how much you are even reading. It has happened more than once though.

So mostly frustration then.

Because Zeusy just dropped an unexplained vote on you. They didn't ask to hear anything from you or thought there was something missing that you hadn't said.

Sorian

Banned
So mostly frustration then.

Because Zeusy just dropped an unexplained vote on you. They didn't ask to hear anything from you or thought there was something missing that you hadn't said.

Frustration would imply that it bothers me. The issue is people not leaving a paper trail, I couldn't care less that the votes on me.

Do you think scum would find you a safe vote or safe person to FoS because of last game?

I'm easily a meme vote. With the right push, people would sheep a vote on me because it's funny and "Sorian is too dangerous to be alive"

So yes, I can be a safe vote in cases like this where no one has really differentiated themselves from the pack, nothing to do with last game though.

Ty4on

I'm easily a meme vote. With the right push, people would sheep a vote on me because it's funny and "Sorian is too dangerous to be alive"

So yes, I can be a safe vote in cases like this where no one has really differentiated themselves from the pack, nothing to do with last game though.

:p

You have Splinter, Fat and Panda in your town block. Are they all strong enough town reads that you'd invite them all into a hypothetical gossip?

Fat is interesting. Haven't really thought too much about him, but I figured you'd kinda be more familiar with him post LB2. Panda crept into my town list early game, but I haven't thought much after that.

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY(Quick and Dirty):

Zeusy (4)
Nomadic Sparks 347
Giant Panda 365
CCS
Dr. Worm

Zippedpinhead (3)
Lord of Castamere 332
Faddy 373
Ty4on

zeemumu(2)
Kalor