• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Roto13

Man, it's so weird to see people against sex education in 2015. It's like... seeing people protesting women wearing pants or something.

Willectro

Banned
These signs from the Sex Ed Protest. It looks like the anti sex ed group is the much larger one, but there are a few there on the other side.

Does no one have to go to work anymore? Based on a couple of the signs, I'm not really sure what stance they are arguing.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea where the Safe Animal Sex part came from. Like how do you from sex ed to safe animal sex?

I found the "Math, not masturbation. Science, not sex" amusing since sex is a part of biology. Which is a science.

Sober

"Well I just stuck my dick in a bunch of places/received my fair share of dick, and I came out all right. Why do my children have to be subjected to liberal propaganda and brainwashing reeducation camps?"

Unorthodox TTC Tips

I was trying to figure out how busy the 512 St. Clair Street Car gets around 4:15pm. I am taking it from the Yonge St. Clair Station all the way to St. Clair and Keele. It seems like a better option than taking the subway to Keele.

Anyways, I discovered the above site while looking and think it's got some good tips and information about the TTC.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Unorthodox TTC Tips

I was trying to figure out how busy the 512 St. Clair Street Car gets around 4:15pm. I am taking it from the Yonge St. Clair Station all the way to St. Clair and Keele. It seems like a better option than taking the subway to Keele.

Anyways, I discovered the above site while looking and think it's got some good tips and information about the TTC.
Funny. Some of the tips were to get off and walk since it's faster.

Don't use the TTC bathrooms. (Editor's note: exceptions are the new stations — Downsview and Don Mills don't seem too bad.)

Yes don't use TTC washrooms.

The drawings are absolutely 10/10

104_mobility.jpg

I'm reading through more of it and some of it is stuff I just figured out myself the hard way. Like avoiding shuttle buses, and sometimes it's just easier to walk

Funny. Some of the tips were to get off and walk since it's faster.

When there is a disruption in subway service, it's almost always a bad idea to board a shuttle bus. Alternatives:
go get a coffee and wait until the subway starts up again. You can tell the subway is running by seeing when the shuttle buses are no longer full to overflowing. You can relax, and you'll still beat most of the shuttle-busers.
if you are downtown and want to go north, but the Yonge (or University/Spadina) line is closed, take a bus (Bay) or streetcar (Spadina) to the Bloor line and then go north from there.
If you are going downtown, take a bus east or west to where you want to go, and then transfer to a southbound bus.
if it's a nice day, walk along the street and check in at stations along the way to see if you have walked past the disruption or the problem is solved, and the trains are running again.

I avoid shuttle buses like the plague.

Stet

Banned
Unorthodox TTC Tips

The fact that this is true is demonstration of how shit our transit is:

"If you are only one or two stops away from your destination or transfer point, sometimes it's faster to just walk there."

dubq

There needs to be some sort of PSA, for people waiting to get on the train, to get the fuck away from the doors so that those of us getting off the train don't have to elbow them out of the way.

There needs to be some sort of PSA, for people waiting to get on the train, to get the fuck away from the doors so that those of us getting off the train don't have to elbow them out of the way.

They had a good PSA going for a while about bags on seats.

Also, there are signs on all the doors that tell people not to block the doors.

Stet

Banned

Or just as bad, a whole bunch of people get off leaving a big space and someone follows them all just to stand in the doorway to prepare for the next stop even before people get on.

Do you think they're going to teleport past you?

Is there one about lining up for buses instead of charging the doors as a mob?

A few weeks ago a driver actually called out the budders and told them they had to wait until everyone that was lined up got on

Stet

Banned
holy shit lol

When you are on the stairs, and you can see the train pulling into the station is yours, exaggerate your body language to cue those behind you so they know to hurry up. Swing your arms, etc.
Bc81HaT.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
"Well I just stuck my dick in a bunch of places/received my fair share of dick, and I came out all right. Why do my children have to be subjected to liberal propaganda and brainwashing reeducation camps?"
The funny thing is no child is forced to take any of the sex ed. Parents can op their child out of it. They are literally protesting for nothing.

The walk from Front to Bloor is very nice in the summer.
It's also very nice as a drunken walk during GAF meetups.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The funny thing is no child is forced to take any of the sex ed. Parents can op their child out of it. They are literally protesting for nothing.

It's also very nice as a drunken walk during GAF meetups.
I was opted out as a kid.

Why isn't the stork delivering a baby for my wife and I? :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was opted out as a kid.

Why isn't the stork delivering a baby for my wife and I? :(
Kraft said your wife has to fill out some paperwork. He said he'll come over while you're at work to help her take care of it. Don't be surprised if your son is born with a full beard.

I took a shuttle bus once. It was a positive experience. I actually got to work on time!

But I've learned to avoid the subway altogether now. I can walk to work in a reasonable amount of time, so I do, every day, regardless of weather. The last time I got on the subway, I was running a few minutes late and had decided to hit up the TTC instead of walking, as I didn't want to push it, and of course I ended up being 15 minutes late. Thanks, TTC.

I have an uncle who already rejected our province's sex ed curriculum, specifically the introduction of the concept of homosexuality at a young age. Got his two sons to a religious private school, long after they would have been in the grade that taught that. I might be getting the details of what the old curriculum is about since I've haven't been in elementary school in more than a decade.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
WTF kind of acronym is this?

A simple way to remember which stations are orange dot stations is to remember them as an acronym:
BBBCCCCDDDDDEFIJKKMNOPQRSSSSSUVWWWY
Pronounce it out like a word and remember it by the way it sounds.

LOL:

If you board a bus that is not making any noise, beware, when the driver starts it up, it might startle you.

31_Noisy_Bus.jpg

LOL:

Warden station sucks. It's cold, ugly and super windy. Do not move or work near there.

Zynx

Hey, long time lurker here, need some help. I'm wondering if anyone here knows where to buy these gizmos:
Q0qmNpl.jpg

I'm actually not even sure what they're called - they're primarily used to squirt liquids in your mouth, but can be used in a variety of ways. When I google for "oral irrigators" I just get results for fancy motorized ones with large tanks of water which I don't want.
If anyone knows where to get them at a physical store, preferably around Scarborough, that would be ideal, but I'm willing to buy online if there's no alternative.

I figure I might start posting more in the thread, so to get some stuff out of the way:
Seasons: #teamautumn (but summer >> winter, especially since I take the TTC on a regular basis)
Generic Asian: Yes
Burgers: Anywhere that's not McDonald's. I'm seriously not picky at all and will enjoy stuff for plebs just fine.
Local pro sports: I abhor the MLSE and everything it stands for. I got caught up in the TFC hype for awhile, but the team quickly descended into the same damn pattern as the other MLSE teams. And it's worse now that it's mostly owned by Bell/Rogers, even more reason to hate them. Also uninterested in baseball.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I have some oral syringes that I got from the vet when my cat was sick. Other than that, I'd assume you'd be able to get them somewhere like Shoppers.

Roto13

I have some oral syringes that I got from the vet when my cat was sick. Other than that, I'd assume you'd be able to get them somewhere like Shoppers.

Ha, mine are from my vet, too. :p Currently using them to waterboard my cat into taking his steroid pills.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, long time lurker here, need some help. I'm wondering if anyone here knows where to buy these gizmos:
Q0qmNpl.jpg

I'm actually not even sure what they're called - they're primarily used to squirt liquids in your mouth, but can be used in a variety of ways. When I google for "oral irrigators" I just get results for fancy motorized ones with large tanks of water which I don't want.
If anyone knows where to get them at a physical store, preferably around Scarborough, that would be ideal, but I'm willing to buy online if there's no alternative.

I figure I might start posting more in the thread, so to get some stuff out of the way:
Seasons: #teamautumn (but summer >> winter, especially since I take the TTC on a regular basis)
Generic Asian: Yes
Burgers: Anywhere that's not McDonald's. I'm seriously not picky at all and will enjoy stuff for plebs just fine.
Local pro sports: I abhor the MLSE and everything it stands for. I got caught up in the TFC hype for awhile, but the team quickly descended into the same damn pattern as the other MLSE teams. And it's worse now that it's mostly owned by Bell/Rogers, even more reason to hate them. Also uninterested in baseball.
So #teamwarm
Generic Asian army is growing
Pleb burger
Hate MLSE but want its teams to do well

Now the final question, Toronto? Scarberia? Asiancourt? Yawngh? ...Mimico? :/

Top Bottom