• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tearaway |OT| Super Iota 64

Loving this game so far, the style is brilliant. Who needs a XboxOne
BTAz4l2.jpg
hgZuXfR.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Not up on US psn yet, boo. Whats the time estimate for that?

Eusis

Actually, damn, they were on the ball with Batman. Probably because they had to get the PS3 game up at midnight so Vita was kind of "sure why not we're here already" whereas this is a more low key game that by all rights should've been up on Tuesday if it weren't for the apparent desire for a suicide rush against both Nintendo and XB1 for the sake of parity with global release.

Sinthetic

It really sounds like the game resonates well with some people.

The platforming - are any of the challenges unique or compelling? Do they ever begin to offer a suitable challenge? The level design itself, does it have new ideas?

Honestly mate, some of the end game platforming is very difficult if you aren't used to sections like the more tricky levels in Mario Galaxy etc. One in particular utilizes almost all of the Vita's features from tilting, front and back touch and control stick.

I'd say it consistently introduces new mechanisms, you will have seen most of these in other games but they are hugely appreciated coming from a game you think would be simple. That's the best thing about this game, full of fantastic surprises. It only gets more and more bizarre and magic the further you get.

Respawn

Banned
Oh my so my games to play and now we have the beautiful tearway.Woest me what is a gamer to do or say? A purchase shall be made this day.

wouwie

The game is downloaded and installed, just waiting on my Vita to be played. I can't wait to finish work and start playing Tearaway in about 4 hours.

Audioboxer

Owning a Vita and not owning this game is madness. I will only refer to you by the term mad bastard and not your name if you tell me you do not own this game.

Zampano

Godamn this game is charming. The music is just a delight especially the
dubstep bits
played on acoustic instruments.

So far I've largely resisted temptation and only made one giant penis out of paper.

Making your own
snowflakes
and having them appear in the world was jaw dropping.

Shengar

Will this game have any DLC? I would like to picked up Asia copy right away, but if there will be any, I'll wait for USA copy.

Foshy

I'll repeat what I posted in the Vita thread:

This game is simply beautiful. I seriously didn't expect to like it this much.

Between all this next-gen tech talk, it's a game where you don't care about what's going on behind the scenes. Like some of Nintendo's very best games, it feels like it's made out of love and magic.

Just started playing this last night. Damn it is nice. Really really inventive stuff so far, even if I am less than an hour in... seeing my own face hovering in the sky as the sun is quite freaky in a charming way.

Seems like it's gon' be gud, but I'm wondering, is there any real purpose for buying those stickers/decorations you can plaster iota with beyond mere aesthetics? Or should I be saving my "money" for something else?

mandiller

A few in game camera photos I took (hope you like them):

[Photos]

Awesome! I love that first one.

I just finished the game (I've had it two days in Australia). What an awesome experience! Definitely the Vita's best game and a must buy! If you don't already have a Vita then this will push you over the edge.

I hope Media Molecule end up making another one.

PaulloDEC

Just finished.

Without giving anything away, the last hour or so is totally wild, and the ending is actually quite touching and beautiful.

Fantastic game, definitely a must-buy for all Vita owners.

potam

Banned
Today is awful. This comes out and I'm really tempted to pick up a Vita for this game. But Nintendo had to release SM3DW + Zelda today...and I really want that limited edition 3DS. And I just bought a PS4.

What the fuck do I do GAF? Should I just #yolo out and get everything and regret it later?

hohoXD123

Today is awful. This comes out and I'm really tempted to pick up a Vita for this game. But Nintendo had to release SM3DW + Zelda today...and I really want that limited edition 3DS. And I just bought a PS4.

What the fuck do I do GAF? Should I just #yolo out and get everything and regret it later?
Do it.

Zushin

Do it man. Just played the first couple of levels of Tearaway and I'm fucking loving it. The Vita has lots of other games that are worth it too, Persona, killzone, Dragons Crown, etc. If you can afford everything, I'd say just go for it.

PaulloDEC

Tearaway is something special. It'd be a greater crime to let it pass you by.

Top Bottom