• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time (DS, 3DS) will be like Zelda 2

I like WayForward but despise Adventure time.

Not worth it.

4077-whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Between this, Epic Mickey 3DS, and Fire Emblem getting a NA release date, it really is the year of the 3DS.

And I don't even like handhelds

hatchx

Banned
I'd like to know the difference between the 3DS and the DS versions.

I didn't think Way Forward was big enough to handle multiplatform development when the game is due only later this year.

With that said, count me in. Love Adventure Time!

I'd like to know the difference between the 3DS and the DS versions.

I didn't think Way Forward was big enough to handle multiplatform development when the game is due only later this year.

With that said, count me in. Love Adventure Time!

Not the first time versions of a game have been developed for a succeeding generation and its retiring predecessor (i. e. GBC and GBA, GBA and DS).

I love WayForward and all, but the art looks absolutely hideous.

I actually had this exact sentiment for a very long time, but was at a family function and some the kids were watching the show and I sat down with them to see what was going on. As it turns out while the art is bizarre it actually became endearing for reason I can't quite explain. It has something to do with how characters gesture with their arms and in a lot of case their whole bodies. I've actually become a pretty big fan of the show.

I actually had this exact sentiment for a very long time, but was at a family function and some the kids were watching the show and I sat down with them to see what was going on. As it turns out while the art is bizarre it actually became endearing for reason I can't quite explain. It has something to do with how characters gesture with their arms and in a lot of case their whole bodies. I've actually become a pretty big fan of the show.

I was just under the impression he didn't like the sprite work. If you can't even like the art of the show, I don't even know. The art direction is fantastic. The use of colors, lighting, and especially the settings. Some of the lesser character designs are kind of bland, but overall they have brilliant artists.

I was just under the impression he didn't like the sprite work. If you can't even like the art of the show, I don't even know. The art direction is fantastic. The use of colors, lighting, and especially the settings. Some of the lesser character designs are kind of bland, but overall they have brilliant artists.

The way the animation blends with the sound design is what bring me back, every minor gesture carries a great seance of simulacra.

Take their production page for example featuring a beat-boxing bear.

http://buenothebear.com/

The way the animation blends with the sound design is what bring me back, every minor gesture carries a great seance of simulacra.

Take their production page for example featuring a beat-boxing bear.

http://buenothebear.com/

That's exactly what I'm talking about still drawings of their work do nothing for me. The drawing is fairly simple and kind of creepy looking, but the second it becomes animated and sounds comes out the bears mouth I like it.

ezekial45

Banned
It sounds like it'll be awesome. I need to brush up on Zelda 2, but was it still as open as the original game?

Also, slightly OT, but where can I buy a real version of Finn's hat? I must have one.

olimpia84

I sent a request to Amazon to see if they match Hot Shots Walmart price of 19.99. After playing the demo I think I might enjoy the full game a lot.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Better in motion, basically?

I'll still give the game a shot simply because it's WayForward, but uh... yeah, really hope you're right about that.

Mdk7

I just realized that this game might not come to Europe... and i'm shocked.
Please please please bring it over!!

Rootbeer

Banned
Pre-order now while it is still only $29.95 on amazon, they are sure to raise it before release.

Unrelated, but man I'm so disappointed in the Adventure Time merchancise, it's all such poor quality. Was going to buy some figures recently but eww, looks like the kind of stuff you'd find at an Everythings $1 store.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I just realized that this game might not come to Europe... and i'm shocked.
Please please please bring it over!!

I think it'll come in the end here in Europe. The show has a good presence at least on Italian Cartoon Network. I believe it's the same for the other countries.

Top Bottom