• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA My copy of P5 actually shipped before kingdom hearts. Also weirdly enough I haven't gotten a shipping notice for either one.

My Persona 5: Take Your Heart Edition shipped too (videogamesplus.ca). Rip lol, should had preordered off amazon or best buy or even EB but was all out of stock. One day late is not too bad though :/
4dLmTGJ.jpg

ovii

So my P5 Take Your Heart Edition just shipped!! ...... to my old place. I thought I switched everything over. /sigh

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Here you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Fuzzy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 5 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1355415.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

x0NgVuQ.png
3DS VC Super Mario Bros (eShop) -- MB-C7EA685D2BDF0035 - Taken by Ventara
x0NgVuQ.png
3DS VC Super Mario Bros (eShop) #2 -- MB-B860971A8516BC3B - Taken by Cisce
x0NgVuQ.png
3DS VC Super Mario Bros (eShop) #3 -- MB-9F7C7D44D4CB0CB8 - Taken by firehawk12
x0NgVuQ.png
3DS VC Super Mario Bros (eShop) #4 -- MB-718A5539CE6FFBB6 - Taken by binarymelon
x0NgVuQ.png
3DS VC Super Mario Bros (eShop) #5 -- MB-25396F569DED383B - Taken by CuthbertAllgoodz

Man has anyone elses steelbook Persona 5 shipped? Cool that all you Take your heart and Regular edition guys seem to be getting shipped notifications, but I want it for the weekend too!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Come on Amazon, surprise me this one time. Gimme the game.

You're a fellow Canuck, eh?

I see you in the Nier Automata and Persona 5 review threads. Arent you doing the P5 OT?

You're a fellow Canuck, eh?

I see you in the Nier Automata and Persona 5 review threads. Arent you doing the P5 OT?

Yeah, west coast.

I've done the the Review Threads and OTs for both NieR: Automata and Persona 5 now. (Though cj_iwakura helped with editing and suggestions for the OT of the latter.)

Jinto

Persona 5 is scheduled to arrive 13 April - 19 April. Bleh.

On the bright side, I'm getting this game super early.

yGN80nK.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah, west coast.

I've done the both the Review Threads and OTs for NieR: Automata and Persona 5 now. (Though cj_iwakura helped with editing and suggestions for the OT of the latter.)

Somebody get this man Persona 5 asap dammit!

Firestar

Almost got fooled getting excited because my P5 shipped from amazon and says guaranteed delivery of tomorrow.

Then realized it shipped with Purolator... and since they're lazy, once I miss the package it always sits on that truck until Monday. :( Oh well, still better than Tuesday I guess

Hoping mine ships soon and breaks the bad luck cycle I've been having with them.

It says it will ship tomorrow, but I'm hoping it ships earlier, especially considering how close I am to the warehouse.

I'm keeping faint hope that the "will ship March 31" orders are the ones for people close to the warehouse. If fedex is indeed the carrier, ship + deliver same day is definitely possible.

Somebody get this man Persona 5 asap dammit!

Props to BRS for those beautiful threads. Looking forward to the OT.

Thank you very much - certainly try to impress.

I'm keeping faint hope that the "will ship March 31" orders are the ones for people close to the warehouse. If fedex is indeed the carrier, ship + deliver same day is definitely possible.

Amazon has yet to ship a Prime order to me on the day they say they will & actually have it arrive on time. If it ships today, I may get lucky and get it tomorrow, but I haven't gotten any notifications yet.

kurahadol

My P5 is set to arrive between 13 - 19 too. I would be more upset but it actually gives me some time to get through some more BotW.

NYR

Anyone send in their Joycon to Nintendo Canada in Vancouver? How long did it take to get it back after they shipped it back to you? My unit was done yesterday, wondering if I will get it back this week.

chrono01

Hoping mine ships soon and breaks the bad luck cycle I've been having with them.

It says it will ship tomorrow, but I'm hoping it ships earlier, especially considering how close I am to the warehouse.
Good luck, hope it all works out for you!

They also shipped my copy of KH 1.5 + 2.5. A little late, but whatever, haha.

I forgot this game was coming out and I'm neck deep in so many games and the TYH edition is arriving tomorrow by 8pm help
Haha, nice surprise for you I bet.

I hope I can Platinum Nier Automata before P5 arrives. I must!

jzbluz

For some reason I thought P5 was coming out next Friday. Hopefully BB moves their ass and I can get my copy on Monday.

Thank you very much - certainly try to impress.

Amazon has yet to ship a Prime order to me on the day they say they will & actually have it arrive on time. If it ships today, I may get lucky and get it tomorrow, but I haven't gotten any notifications yet.

My shit never ships early but P5 Take Your Heart is still looking like it'll come on Tuesday.

Still not shipped, looks like the dream is over until Tuesday.

kennah

According to amazon my $31 Lego underground switch shipped. Will look nice on the shelf until we buy a switch at Christmas :p

Ryne

First time ever amazon has let me down.

I placed an order for the P5CE last year, but then they came out with the "Prime 20%" off recently, so I placed a new order with the discount on the CE. I couldn't cancel the original order even with the app trick, so I thought that was one of amazon's little quirks and put it off.

Last week I tried to cancel it again, no dice. Contacted support, they couldn't cancel it. Okay. Tried again a couple days ago with support, couldn't cancel, they promised to follow up - which they didn't. Contacted support again today, had it escalated to the "last point of escalation" and they still could not cancel it or change the price or change the shipping or change the credit card, nothing.

So now I'm stuck with two P5CE orders, one for CDN$ 99.43, and one for CDN$ 124.29.

killroy87

First time ever amazon has let me down.

I placed an order for the P5CE last year, but then they came out with the "Prime 20%" off recently, so I placed a new order with the discount on the CE. I couldn't cancel the original order even with the app trick, so I thought that was one of amazon's little quirks and put it off.

Last week I tried to cancel it again, no dice. Contacted support, they couldn't cancel it. Okay. Tried again a couple days ago with support, couldn't cancel, they promised to follow up - which they didn't. Contacted support again today, had it escalated to the "last point of escalation" and they still could not cancel it or change the price or change the shipping or change the credit card, nothing.

So now I'm stuck with two P5CE orders, one for CDN$ 99.43, and one for CDN$ 124.29.

Just return it?

Does anyone in here use Purolator to ship things? I have my left joy con boxed and ready to ship to Nintendo. I looked at nearest Purolator locations and some of them just say drop box. Do I need to go to a full service location to get shipping slips and whatever?
I've never used anything but Canada Post before.

So is this game really as bad as everyone seems to say it is?

I mean, the only way we can really know until the game comes out is from what people tell us. I don't know if anyone's translated any of the Japanese reviews; Famitsu gave both versions 32/40 but who knows what Famitsu reviews are even worth anymore (but it's likely not very much). The import OT was pretty dire. Someone also posted a snippet of "gameplay" on YouTube, and it was basically a fifteen minute cutscene seemingly animated by a kid playing with action figures.

I kind of want to get it just out of morbid curiosity, but I'm not expecting the game to actually be GOOD.

Does anyone in here use Purolator to ship things? I have my left joy con boxed and ready to ship to Nintendo. I looked at nearest Purolator locations and some of them just say drop box. Do I need to go to a full service location to get shipping slips and whatever?
I've never used anything but Canada Post before.

If it's your first time go to the full service. They can give you a receipt as well.

antibolo

Banned
My steelbook hasn't shipped yet...

Anyway I want to play P5 with the Japanese voices which will be released as free DLC at launch, so getting the game early would be pointless for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom