• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 confirmed?

That is what the Uncharted games are though, every series have their own pattern. I totally get people wanting a new IP, but asking for an Uncharted without the discovery of some old mythical object/city is like asking for a new Resident Evil without zombies.

Of course it's about discovery. But it doesn't always have to be a discovery of some lost civilization that unleashes some evil.

nemesun

I need Nate and Sully, but Elena I can do without. It feels like they're forcing her too much into these games and situations, and the romance doesn't work very well.
Elena is part of the crew and she's well liked by the fans and critics alike, there is noway they leave her out of it especially with the way UC3 ended. On the other hand, I can definitely do without Chloe.

Everyone was begging for Uncharted 4 a little while back. Now you dont want it?

Wow.

Oh, most of us are still waiting for it with bated breath, don't you worry.

Those seemingly crying about the series continuing are very much the minority.

So this is what you do when you're not taking dumps in a Nintendo thread!

Forum poster posts about things they like when not critiquing things they take issue with.

Stop the presses.

v1lla21

The way I see it is that they'll create one more Uncharted and then transfer to a new IP. I think it is a better business decision to start off the PS4 first or second year with a well established IP from last gen. It could drive sales of the hardware.

Pistolero

Uncharted ran its course for me, i'm not really looking for more after Uncharted 3.

I hate to break it to you -and to all the "Please don't let it be Uncharted4!" crowd-, but the world doesn't revolve around your personal inclinations. Uncharted is both a commercial AND a successful franchise for Sony, and it is one that would be perfect for displaying the capabilities of the new console.

Hopefully they fix the gameplay so it's not like a Quantic Dream game.

wBB9yuG.gif

Elena is part of the crew and she's well liked by the fans and critics alike, there is noway they leave her out of it especially with the way UC3 ended. On the other hand, I can definitely do without Chloe.

Chloe sucks.

I want Jason Statham Clone back, though. I was annoyed that he just disappeared and was never mentioned again.

This is a dumb business decisions considering Uncharted and TLOU are now big IPs for Sony.

Naughty Dog is at the point where their name can sell the game.

But if they do go with Uncharted 4, I hope it's set in China or Japan. 3 was all over the place, and I liked 2's focus better.

GameSeeker

If true, this would be awesome news.

The Uncharted series is the one of the best, if not the best series, of this last generation. Continuing it to PS4 makes tremendous sense.

Obvious post it's obvious.
OP do you really think that there will not be Uncharted 4?
They've always done a new IP for a new console. Uncharted is no doubt their most popular series, but it was entirely possible that they could have started fresh.

I'm sure it will blow minds, but I'm a little disappointed it's not a new IP.

sunnz

As much as I love Uncharted, seeing what ND can do with a new IP ( TLOU) makes this kinda disappointing.

Would prefer something new.

I think even if TLOU showed they can do a new IP that sells well, Uncharted on ps4 is a good decision and they have two teams and going with two new ip would be maybe too risky. Looking forward to see uc4 for ps4 going to be gorgeus. What's important though ND will surely invent new IP or IPs this gen too so we'll be getting new stuff too, it's just a question of when.

The 2nd team(LoU) will be working on that game. One they've released that then there will be LoU in the middle of this generation.
The Uncharted team will wrap the series up with U4, then begin something new.

Probably their last Uncharted. I have no problem with their next game being U4 too. Uncharted series is too great to end with a whisper like U3's ending. Knowing ND and their games.. this SHIT IS GON BE GUD.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm okay with this. Normally I would want them to stop at three. But I really want to see an Uncharted game tapping into the full power of the PS4. Could be stunning. I understand why people are weary though. UC3 felt like a proper ending, and there is only so many times they can go back and forth on
Drake's life of danger, and his love Elena. Maybe I just read it wrong, but I thought by the end of 3, he decided that he needs to settle down and be happy with what he has (Elena and Sully).

That and, I actually found UC3's script to be weak. So yeah. I see why some don't want another one. But I'm still open to it.

nemesun

Chloe sucks.

I want Jason Statham Clone back, though. I was annoyed that he just disappeared and was never mentioned again.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind if Charlie make an appearance. The end of his story arc in Syria was a complete letdown, but I guess you can't do much with a broken leg.

Einhander

It's a good thing I'm caught up with the series, as I've beaten Uncharted 1-3, although I still have to play Golden Abyss. They should put the IP to bed after 4.

Why have Zoe Saldana when you can have Nathan Drake.

And you will get that, in addition to uncharted.

We JUST got the last of us, a new IP.

It's amazing how quickly some folks seem to have forgotten that. "Waaaah, I don't want Uncharted, I want something new." YOU GOT SOMETHING NEW THIS YEAR!

Naughty Dog is fantastic when it comes to starting new IPs, so people have the right to be disappointed.

But they just made a new IP this year. I've said it before and i'll say it again, i've never seen a studio that's expected to churn out new IP's as much as ND is. How many single studios can say that they created two successful IP's this gen?

Top Bottom