• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Is "reading the dots" still a thing or no? I've not collected any CMFs aside from The Simpsons.

I think that ended with CMF series 2, actually. There haven't been dot patterns in years.

If you really want to avoid duplicates you'll need to either buy them from Bricklink or develop some bag-feelin' skills. With a bit of practice you'll be racing through bags at 5-10 seconds each in no time.

Ponn

Banned
Felt shitty all day so couldn't work on Silent Mary (I blame you Vodka!!) but I did manage this little aside.

aLG8yTZ.jpg

I saw it when I was waiting for Silent Mary to go up on the site. I know these aren't highly rated but I have so many sets in backlog I just can't be bothered to put together the stuff to make my own even if it is easy. I liked the looks of these and it was the right amount to get my Batman CMF's all out of their box and into one display.

I was surprised the back had this nice print that I didn't see advertised. It also has that little kick stand so you could set this up on a desk or dresser or whatever instead of hanging it. It is cardboard used around but for the price and being Lego what do you really expect right? It is still pretty strong cardboard and the print looks nice enough from a distance to be hard to tell.

I think that ended with CMF series 2, actually. There haven't been dot patterns in years.

If you really want to avoid duplicates you'll need to either buy them from Bricklink or develop some bag-feelin' skills. With a bit of practice you'll be racing through bags at 5-10 seconds each in no time.

I believe the dot patterns changed to a per-batch basis, so you couldn't use them to distinguish a specific minifig but you could use them to spot dupes within a box.

otapnam

Looks like we have the following extra Batman figs:

2 Clan of the Cave Batman extras
1 King Tut extra
2 Fairy Batman extras
1 Robin extra

Need:

Joker
Harley
Commissioner Gordon
Glam Metal Batman
Catman
Vacation Batman
Barbara
Red Hood
Calculator
March Harriet
Eraser
Mime

Basically we have 7 unique figures with 6 dupes already. :-(

Hey I sent u a PM if u want to trade I have some doubles too !

Just got back from the lego batman movie, it was pretty good, not on par with the lego movie but still decent.

Still shocked how far apart opinions on this one are... Personally i thought it was on a whole other level than the Lego movie (which was already great on it's own). I guess this one is more polarizing, it either resonates with you or it doesn't.

Weevilone

Still shocked how far apart opinions on this one are... Personally i thought it was on a whole other level than the Lego movie (which was already great on it's own). I guess this one is more polarizing, it either resonates with you or it doesn't.

It is interesting. I loved the Lego Movie but I probably checked my watch 10 times during Batman. It seemed to drag on forever.

wetwired

I feel someone disappointed but I think a lot of that was because, having worked on it, I was looking forward to it for so long. I'll definitely go watch it again soon.

I felt it looked better visually than TLM and was funnier I actually did a spit take at
"Kids can be cruel like that"

I didn't really feel like any of the sets that come from the movie really had any more draw for me than they did before. With the exception of the Bat-wing, I went from "meh" to definitely buy, the rest did little for me (apart from Joker's lowrider which I already loved before the movie)

I will probably pick up the Ultimate Batmobile but the "regular" one I felt wasn't redeemed by the movie, it was a bit meh, Loved the Batwing though.

I mean, sure, as far as the sets go it may be a different story, but on an emotional level alone, this movie connected with me on a MUCH deeper level than TLM which was cute but nothing more than that. I guess it also depends on just HOW much of an actual BATMAN fan you are since this was the best Batman movie ever made imo. It had SO many references and easter eggs, and i cannot imagine a better representation of the actual Bat Family. It also dared to go places no other Batman movie (or comic for that matter that i've read) went.

So yeah, i get that if you're looking at it from purely a Lego standpoint of view you could make a case for TLM but if you're a Batman fan and this hits you the right way, it is the infinitely more satisfying product as far as i am concerned.

DonShula

I mean, sure, as far as the sets go it may be a different story, but on an emotional level alone, this movie connected with me on a MUCH deeper level than TLM which was cute but nothing more than that. I guess it also depends on just HOW much of an actual BATMAN fan you are since this was the best Batman movie ever made imo. It had SO many references and easter eggs, and i cannot imagine a better representation of the actual Bat Family. It also dared to go places no other Batman movie (or comic for that matter that i've read) went.

So yeah, i get that if you're looking at it from purely a Lego standpoint of view you could make a case for TLM but if you're a Batman fan and this hits you the right way, it is the infinitely more satisfying product as far as i am concerned.

I respect your opinion but it was the opposite for me. The end of TLM hit me a bit harder being a parent and having kids of a certain age. I still liked both movies a lot.

I respect your opinion but it was the opposite for me. The end of TLM hit me a bit harder being a parent and having kids of a certain age. I still liked both movies a lot.

Maybe i underestimate the impact of the ending since it has been a few years now... either way i think we can all agree that if they keep this level of quality up for a 3rd movie, we're in for a treat :)

Ponn

Banned
I feel someone disappointed but I think a lot of that was because, having worked on it, I was looking forward to it for so long. I'll definitely go watch it again soon.

I felt it looked better visually than TLM and was funnier I actually did a spit take at
"Kids can be cruel like that"

I didn't really feel like any of the sets that come from the movie really had any more draw for me than they did before. With the exception of the Bat-wing, I went from "meh" to definitely buy, the rest did little for me (apart from Joker's lowrider which I already loved before the movie)

I will probably pick up the Ultimate Batmobile but the "regular" one I felt wasn't redeemed by the movie, it was a bit meh, Loved the Batwing though.

I felt a little better about the 4-Wheeler Batmobile after building it but yea I wouldn't suggest anyone picking it up unless its on deep sale still. It was very clearly designed around that one stupid gimmick that absolutely no one will ever use, even kids.

Kid playing "Vroom Vroom, ok now to turn all these tires and parallel park, yipppeeee!"

I mean, just, why?? I'm guessing it was a joke put in by the movie producers and the Lego set designer's hand was probably forced on it but they need to work on their communication. The actually body of the car is really nice though, if someone felt like modding the tires and some of the chassis it has potential to be a pretty slick Batmobile.

Edit: heres a pic of when I was building it before I put the tires on. Maybe people can see from the pic what I mean without the tires getting in the way. I just really was kinda digging the look of it till i got to the tire build and thats where it lost it for me.

Had to drive a little into the mountains but managed to get a nice selection of the Power Miner sets for only 60. Might be a few pieces missing but most of the sets seem complete.

Had to drive a little into the mountains but managed to get a nice selection of the Power Miner sets for only 60. Might be a few pieces missing but most of the sets seem complete.

Nice. Love picking up old sets on CL. There's a huge Chima lot in my area for $40 that I'm hoping to grab for parts.

iosefe

I always chuckle when I guest comes in looking for Chima sets. They didn't want it when they were available, but they want it now?

Just finished building Fallingwater. I have to say I had little interest on the Architecture line, but after building Buckingham Palace and Fallingwater it has grow on me. Are previously sets like Robie House and Imperial Hotel worth the building/display? I can still finf them in some stores here, but those sets are quite expensives, almost modular level.

Just finished building Fallingwater. I have to say I had little interest on the Architecture line, but after building Buckingham Palace and Fallingwater it has grow on me. Are previously sets like Robie House and Imperial Hotel worth the building/display? I can still finf them in some stores here, but those sets are quite expensives, almost modular level.

I've only got a few Architecture sets but I absolutely love them. Farnsworth House is sitting in my office at work and remains my favorite.

I need to buy the Flatiron building before it goes OOP.

Ponn

Banned

The White House set was a fun build and useful for joke displays combined with Alien Conquest or Galaxy Squad.

The White House set was a fun build and useful for joke displays combined with Alien Conquest or Galaxy Squad.

I actually hated the White House build. So many repeated 1x1 pillars you have to make for it. It was a knightmare getting all the plates lined up to my satisfaction.

Looks good, but I'd never rebuild it if I ever disassemble it.

mclem

I actually hated the White House build. So many repeated 1x1 pillars you have to make for it. It was a knightmare getting all the plates lined up to my satisfaction.

Love the Trevi Fountain, but *so* many 1x1s and 1x2 plates!

wetwired

My pearl gold engine intake part arrived today so I finished up the "Batified" Joker's Lowrider. It was going to be a simple recolour with a sedan roof rather than convertible but things got out of hand...

I'm truly surprised it hasn't been given the Tower Bridge/Sydney Opera House/Big Ben treatment yet.

Ditto. Would be quite the stunner at massive scale.

Still want a Brooklyn Bridge set at that massive scale.

Then you should avoid Big Ben like the plague. So many repeated 1x1 pillars, and at angles. And they better line up, or it looks off.

But oh, the set is gorgeous once done.

I'm truly surprised it hasn't been given the Tower Bridge/Sydney Opera House/Big Ben treatment yet.

I wonder if it's a bit too politicksy for a model of that kind of scale. Especially in the current climate. In the architecture line it works, but in a 4,000 piece set it feels like more of a statement.

I wonder if it's a bit too politicksy for a model of that kind of scale. Especially in the current climate. In the architecture line it works, but in a 4,000 piece set it feels like more of a statement.

And including part of Parliament with Big Ben isn't a statement? Still just world famous architecture.

And including part of Parliament with Big Ben isn't a statement? Still just world famous architecture.

I dunno, I know Parliament is there but when I think of Big Ben I think of landmark first, Parliament just happens to be there. With the White House it's only real function is as a political base. Maybe I see it that way because I'm English though, and it'd differ if I was American!

Of course, this is probably not the reason at all. Just thinkin' out loud.

A massive scale landmark set that could be fun (and also repetitive) would be the Coliseum.

hungry-history-vomitoriums-fact-or-fiction_Corbis-E.jpeg

Do it will all the decay and wear on it. It would be very repetitive, but would look so cool when done.

But it doesn't have to be quite this large.

sdc12170.jpg

r0_0_1969_1429_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Bonus money burning a hole in my pocket sends me to eBay to look for deals. Alas, my $30 Market Street never arrived, but I did win a near complete mindstorms ev3 for $77 and a Queen Amidala minifig for $18.

Crossing fingers they show up.

Wow that's a great fig set. I already have Bossk and Dengar but I'll have to get it for 4LOM and IG88. Guess it's too much to ask for a Zuckuss? That would be the only one that hasn't gotten a fig now, right?

Top Bottom