• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Action Theater sequel (Quick Look video by Giant Bomb)

Chairhome

I don't know if everyone here knows that the first game is amazing, but wow, this video makes me giddy for the new one. I think this is some good gif fodder.

Facts on the game:
- owners of the first can import the "channels" from the first one so you can launch them from the sequel
- 60's/70's vibe to tie together the theme, as opposed to the 20's vibe from the first one.
- Share pics on facebook (much needed feature from the first)
- THIS LOOKS AWESOME. FACT.

Link.

Tyrax

I don't know if everyone here knows that the first game is amazing, but wow, this video makes me giddy for the new one. I think this is some good gif fodder.

Facts on the game:
- owners of the first can import the "channels" from the first one so you can launch them from the sequel
- 60's/70's vibe to tie together the theme, as opposed to the 20's vibe from the first one.
- Share pics on facebook (much needed feature from the first)
- THIS LOOKS AWESOME. FACT.

Link.

I thought the looping video capture was hilarious

A single quicklook deserved its own thread?
Oh..

igKgPIDeCXWlT.gif

ibxjh9wMXSBbId.gif

ifXsUgsaBuGIr.gif

ibtxTQyU6lYflx.gif

icHEqxYWcJ93N.gif

iEUWroUr6GzcN.gif

They're right, the dubstep bit, that's going to sell copies by itself.

Neat stuff with the costuming and everything, did a pretty good job tracking for a 3D space and up to 6 people.

parasight

:lol

That replay was incredible. Asian guy is so stoked.

Also, Patrick was in the original game's QL and was probably the highlight of it.

adelante

hahah the minecraft costumes was pretty neat, kinect's tracking in this "game" actually seems better than I expected it to be

JLwuS.jpg

Haunted

Best Kinect game I've seen so far. Dubstep minigame was incredible. Doublefine does what Raredon't.

Seriously though, that QL was so good, I was laughing hard at the end.

Hoo-doo

Banned
No Patrick = automatic awesome QL

You just can't resist acting like a douche, can you. Come on, cut it out.

Anyway, I thought the quicklook was pretty rad, the dubstep finale really sold me.
Shame I really can't use a Kinect with the way my living room is setup right now.

MarkusRJR

Damn that dubstep game in the quick look was amazing. I literally watched that part like 10 times over and over again. So fucking rad. I wish I had enough room to play Kinect or I'd buy one. :(

Gowans

Fab showing, really impressive stuff going on in this.

Love the fact it imports the stuff from the first one. I can just turn it on and set the kids off playing :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You just can't resist acting like a douche, can you. Come on, cut it out.

Anyway, I thought the quicklook was pretty rad, the dubstep finale really sold me.
Shame I really can't use a Kinect with the way my living room is setup right now.

How fussy is it? I actually have one that I bought cheap from GAME but never got round to even plugging it in.

Dingotech

this is supposed to be fun, right? OK....

Did you even play the first game?
It's the best use of the kinect tech so far.

It's a great game to bust out at a party to get people up and enjoying themselves, and young kids go nuts for it.

this is supposed to be fun, right? OK....

Looks like they were having a blast to me.

It's a great game to bust out at a party to get people up and enjoying themselves, and young kids go nuts for it.
Yep, completely. Not every entertainment product needs to be structured precisely according to the narrow confines of a 'real' game.

My 9-year-old daughter loves this game, and it's a huge hit at sleepovers. It's great that it brings all the original content, I wish more digital download games did this.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I feel that this (along with the first one) and Dance Central are the only two relevant Kinect products. Even "The Gunstringer", while good, is not that amazing.

I barely use my Kinect (the way my bedroom furniture is structured doesn't really allow it), but every time I bust out the Kinect, even if it's only half working, Happy Action Theater takes the cake.

The fact that you can import the older "channels" into this new game is amazing and I'm getting it day one for that reason alone.

I only bought the original one on a Sale, because I never believed in Kinect as anything useful, so I only got it on a Sale also, but man...

igKgPIDeCXWlT.gif

ibxjh9wMXSBbId.gif

ifXsUgsaBuGIr.gif

ibtxTQyU6lYflx.gif

icHEqxYWcJ93N.gif

iEUWroUr6GzcN.gif

I dug the original quicklook, even enjoyed patricks hotdog man antics, but I thought that's what the quicklook 2 thread was for, its a heavy traffic thread in its own right, and if you love the game so much and wish to spread the gospel of it, why not just create an OT?

Javaman

Fab showing, really impressive stuff going on in this.

Love the fact it imports the stuff from the first one. I can just turn it on and set the kids off playing :)

Yeah, the first one gets tons of play at my house (8,3, and 1 year old boys). I've tried some of the other games but the interface is just frustering for kids to use in most. Double fine's got my money on this one!

Volcynika

I dug the original quicklook, even enjoyed patricks hotdog man antics, but I thought that's what the quicklook 2 thread was for, its a heavy traffic thread in its own right, and if you love the game so much and wish to spread the gospel of it, why not just create an OT?

OTs are created a week before the game's release, they are closed if they are made too early.

Also, this is the first time the game has been shown to anyone, that's why it deserved its own thread. It's not like it was announced before and we've already seen stuff on it.

Dingotech

This was thread worthy, if it didn't exist then I wouldn't even know they were making a new game.

On topic, how do double fine get this game to recognise like 6 people in half a second no problems at all. But if you try and play any other Kinect game you have to sit there at an exact distance, and waving correctly for it to even acknowledge that you're in the same room!!

Haunted

Consider this the announcement thread.

I dislike the Giantbomb megathreads because so much info is contained and lost there, always make me happy when new threads are created for noteworthy content.

On topic, how do double fine get this game to recognise like 6 people in half a second no problems at all. But if you try and play any other Kinect game you have to sit there at an exact distance, and waving correctly for it to even acknowledge that you're in the same room!!
effort.

Alx

Either the official SDK was updated (Microsoft is always working on it, and released several updates to the kinect for windows SDK, so they probably do the same for the console one), or they used third party libraries/made their own. Kinect can do a lot of thing, but it all depends on the software to do it (see for example that finger tracking demo, I didn't think it was worth its own thread but it illustrates that the features of the original SDK only scratched the surface of what can be done... but of course it will be more obvious next generation when more horsepower will be dedicated to data analysis)

FinKL

DUB...STEP

"I think you just sold 1000 copies on this alone"

Nice seeing devs just having fun with their work. You get stuff like this :)

Top Bottom