• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst 0/10 Completed Anime?

granblue fantasy

shit was fucking dope but it was obvious 13 ep wasnt going to be enough, now the kicker is the last episode, this fuckers did a "what if" scenario if the MC was a girl instead of a dude. they even had to have their fucking beach episode. seriously it sucked and left a bad taste because i really enjoyed it up to that point

edit: ok i think i understood it all wrong.

just recently it would be

Unbreakable Machine-Doll

i watched it all because i thought it was gonna get better(i wanted it), the concept/premise really hooked me so i stuck with it until the end but it was more like Unbreakable Anime Tropes/Cliches Machine-Doll the series

Aldnoah Zero was a big fuck you as they back pedal anything that could have made this show interesting.

Berserk 2016. Not much has to be said.

Elfen Lied. This show covers the worst types of fetishes and the story is written poorly.

Jaymageck

I prefer 03 version myself. It's actually one of the only anime things I actually like. I attempted to watch Brotherhood at one point but it just didn't really catch my attention.

My co-workers think I'm crazy when I mention this to them. They always argue that it's simply better because it follows the manga. My response is I just don't give a shit and I think the story they told works on it's own merit.

Most of the best moments of 03 come from the manga, e.g
Nina chimera, Hughes death,
King Bradley is a homunculus
. The manga and brotherhood contain many more of those moments that aren't in 03 and it all builds up to one of the best conclusions of any series.

The problem with brotherhood is the rushed early episodes that feel "worse" because they were trying to get to new material quickly. After that it's so good.

If you really don't care about watching it, please at least Google
mustang vs lust
and watch the video. Single best moment in anime imo.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I try to let that go because of the actual self awareness involved. Over the years there have been so many trash-tier anime that were pure fan service vehicles that Studio Trigger decided to build a parody of that onto an actually solid anime.

That's my excuse. Is it a good excuse? Not really. I'm just a fan of the team involved, and really liked it, minus the eye-rolling fan service nonsense.

I guess I just don't think it's all that solid of an anime.

Like, don't get me wrong, I had some fun watching it, and I liked a couple of the characters. Mako, for example, deserves to be in a much better series. And I was actually really liking the show early on.

Overall, though, it's just not that good.

Kalentan

. The manga and brotherhood contain many more of those moments that aren't in 03 and it all builds up to one of the best conclusions of any series.

The problem with brotherhood is the rushed early episodes that feel "worse" because they were trying to get to new material quickly. After that it's so good.

mustang vs lust

I love both series but the biggest thing that puts Brotherhood over 03 is the ending.

The conclusion of...
Edward giving up his Alchemy as his 'price' is just an AMAZING conclusion to what the series was building up to.

jett

D-Member
Berserk 2017

5f4.gif

this.

Nu-Berserk is an insult.

LOLDSFAN

Out of the "popular" anime, I would say Madoka Magica. The MC was annoying and I couldn't emotionally connect with anything that was going on.

VIWoZzW.gif

kewlmyc

Anything I'd actually give a 0, I'd never bother to watch/finish, but fuck this show.

Charlotte_key.jpg

And Aldnoah Zero, especially because of this guy:

Sometimes you keep watching because someone told you it gets really good or because it's a sequel to an anime you love, so you keep watching hoping it will get better

Oh, that reminds me:

1380310_English_ContinueWatchingMobile_2f4ee2e9-7457-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

-1i/10

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend these shows to anyone. Though, by the end of Aldnoah Zero, I felt kinda bad for Slaine. He should have just took off with Wheelchair Princess when he had the chance. That and the entire peace made at the end is based off a flimsy lie that can easily be revealed at any moment.

Charlotte pisses me off since it actually had a cool premise, but wasted episodes on pointless characters and subplots just so we could have a neat reveal in a later episode showing that those episodes did indeed have a purpose. However a montage could have accomplished the same thing. Idol girl didn't need to be in the show, and only existed to sell CDs (like the random music video just inserted into the show in one episode). Biggest problem is that the final episode had a plot that could have easily been its own series and would have been interesting as all hell if not crammed into 22 minutes. But nope, got to have you obligatory baseball episode. All this after the director, Jun Maeda, stated that he had learned from his last anime, Angel Beats, and would learn how to properly pace a 12 episode series. He ended up making an anime with even worse pacing problems. Also the final mutant ablitiy is courage. Jun Maeda is fucking hack.

AO continues to shit on the Eureka Seven franchise, a francise where only the original 52 episode anime was any good. All the spinoffs and movies have been god awful. Starting to think that maybe the original wasn't that good either.

I'm only including series I've actually finished. I'm smart enough to stay away from obvious trainwrecks like Handshakers and Berserk 2016/17.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I left Charger Girl Ju-den Chan running on my tv because I wanted a dumb easy to follow sci fi action show while I was working on the computer and watch while waiting for a compile, and I wish I never even saw a second of it. What an absolutely terrible anime. It makes me feel gross just thinking about it. I'm too embarrassed to even say what the deal with it is. You can look it up.

My excuse is not wanting to waste time finding another show, and I thought maybe the gross stuff was a one off thing, but it ended up not being a one off thing at all. By the end of the workday the show was over, and completing that show in any capacity has becoming my lifelong shame.

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers would be the worst one I intently watched, because the premise seems good and it never delivers like you'd expect. Or maybe Dragon Crisis which I'm not even sure why I continued to the end. But neither is 0/10 like Charger Girl Ju-den Chan is.

dpunk3

God reading this thread really has me thinking I have awful taste.

So far I've seen....

Angel Beats which surprised me, I love that show and Clannad which I also love wholeheartedly.
Charlotte which I thought was meh.
Oreimo which I enjoyed.
Kill la Kill which I thoroughly enjoyed but wouldn't watch again.
.hack//SIGN which I fucking adore, but that's nostalgia talking.
Highschool of the Dead which I thought was pretty cool.
Beyond the Boundary which I really liked.
Both FMA series, the first I loved and the second was just better but it didn't make me hate the first either.
Naruto, while I hate it, is good.

But the series that I agree are pretty bad are probably....

Elfen Lied which I agree is subpar.
Obligatory Sword Art Online, but it did get me through a dark time when I was super depressed.
Bleach : (
Gemini of the Meteor pissed me off, but I wouldn't say it's 0/10.
Code Geass is horrid.

And.... uuh....
Dragonaut: The Resonance.

-100/10

Funny how so many people are posting SAO or Oreimo (both I really like), and yet this barely gets mentioned. Fuck me is this the worst fucking show. Nothing makes sense, nothing is explained and nothing fucking happens.

This is what true bad anime is

People in this thread have no idea lmao.

I actually enjoyed Dragonauts The Resonance....

None of these are really a 0/10 for me, honestly. I'm not sure if I can think of one off the top of my head.

Lunaray

Sword Art Online is terrible and I can't believe it became as popular as it is. Kirito is the worst sort of male power fantasy.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I have much of the same taste as you, so you can't have awful taste.

I do remember Code Gauss being good though. Maybe that's just because it was one of my first animes I saw when venturing outside of TV anime and I hadn't caught onto all the tropes yet.

Shouta

Nah, no one has awful tast....

And.... uuh....

I actually enjoyed Dragonauts The Resonance....

None of these are really a 0/10 for me, honestly. I'm not sure if I can think of one off the top of my head.

Welp.

That show was a trainwreck and I regret ever subbing that show start to finish.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Out of the "popular" anime, I would say Madoka Magica. The MC was annoying and I couldn't emotionally connect with anything that was going on.

The part where it goes from referencing dark stuff to being full on dark was done well enough to give it some points, but yeah, it was pretty disappointing overall.

Berserk (2017) / Blade of the Immortal come to mind as their are nightmarish adaptation of great works. It's like someone just opened the books, took a huge crap on them and put them on a library to be read all smudged with shit. They are nauseating.

kurahador

Samurai Deeper Kyo --- Manga reader will go "wtf"? The anime is totally different than the manga it might as well use different title.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Don't forget how fucking awful Slaine is

Why did everyone in the show thread like Slaine? He's a shit tier character that makes nothing but horrible decisions.

VIWoZzW.gif

Calling Madoka Magica 0/10 is some serious fucking hyperbole. What the fuck? Do you just think in binaries?

Rymuth

Why did everyone in the show thread like Slaine? He's a shit tier character that makes nothing but horrible decisions
I was reading the thread after the fact in conjunction with my lttp watching so I'll try to sum it up

He has a compelling arc. Watching someone with zero social and political power rise up is always a fun watch (it's why the Kingpin episode in DD S2 is so liked)

Conversely, the MC (forget his name, as I scrubbed it from memeory) has so much power that he practically renders every single character to a non-entity which was such a fatal flaw in the show that made me drop it to 0/10

There is a much better show out there about a earth-born slave raised on Mars who manages to upheave society and take back power to the people..unfortunately it's not this one.

Eureka Seven AO

Tokyo Ghoul (I dont get why so many "normies"/Casual watchers love the TG anime)

Akame Ga Kill

The Negima series adaption; the OADs and the movie adapted the manga pretty well, but dont make any sense if you would connect them to the series.

6792970dea24081392ab45d083fc10791443978202_full.jpg
when one of the most popularly googled searches for this otome is "what is the plot of Diabolik Lovers?" You know something's wrong.

Edit: Play the VN.

_Ryo_

Anything I'd actually give a 0, I'd never bother to watch/finish, but fuck this show.

Charlotte_key.jpg

And Aldnoah Zero, especially because of this guy:

Charlottes is pretty good tho. :X

Only anime that Ive seen some of tat I absolutely hate are Kill la Kill and Sword Art Online.

Beartruck

Samurai Deeper Kyo --- Manga reader will go "wtf"? The anime is totally different than the manga it might as well use different title.

My brother and I read the entire manga series (or what was available at that time). We got maybe 5 episodes in. I've never seen an anime diverge more from its source material. The animation sucks too. Most of it is either extreme close-ups on people's faces or shots of people standing around motionless. We dropped it at the spider lady fight, which I think was half still frames with shitloads of action lines added.

Has Elfen Lied been mentioned yet? Or do people still try and defend that show?

Elfen Lied is a very polarizing anime but I would argue it still has some redeeming qualities like the backstories and ethical issues it evokes . The music is enchanting and good as well.

pa22word

Not sure if it's 0/10 worthy, but I watched the entirety of code geass for reasons that can only be explained as I was on a two month rum bender and even then I came away thinking it was rather trashy and was kind of dumbfounded as to why I had bothered. Granted I typically only watch the really good anime that gets paraded around and am not a regular consumer, so I don't know what it's like comparatively.

pbayne

50373.jpg

This as well, it ruined everything that made the first season of Darker than Black good.

I actually like it.
It was more interesting than just another series of stoic, cool Hei. It exposed the side of him in season one that people choose to ignore, that he is somewhat of a shady scumbag, sure he is a bit more noble/heroic than the other contractors but hes still a criminal. So it was interesting to see what happened to him after he lost everything and was pushed into a corner.

The overall story+new characters were a bit naff though.

Elfen Lied is a very polarizing anime but I would argue it still has some redeeming qualities like the backstories and ethical issues it evokes . The music is enchanting and good as well.

I enjoyed it. Weirdly enough, I most finish and watch animes I generally do like. Some are just okay or just meh, but I usually avoid any ones I consider terrible. I'm someone who generally likes ecchi and fan service, so I do have a lot of give when it comes to these, but most mentioned should never be a 0/10. My girlfriend has a shit load of complaints about Steins;Gate and hates the main character, but wouldn't give it a 0/10. I think hyperbole is going on too strong in this thread for the most part.

caliph95

20160927120510.jpg

I see guilty crown listed in the OP, no surprise there, so I will go with danganronpa 3. Completely butchering pre-established characters personalities, fucking up twists from prior stories, and telling a shit tier story of its own.
While I won't say it's the worst show but it's one of the worst anime I ever seen (helps on how picky I am) and one of the Most disappointing and frustrating anime I seen。

Doesn't help that the anime seems to got out it's way to undermine the the previous games and has very little concern to develop it's characters.

Future I thought didn't need to be a killing game or at least should have cut down it's cast because they were some useless characters since it only had 12 episodes killed off characters way too quickly that I didn't care for them because I didn't get know them enough. It also didn't need to waste an episode for fanservice for a spin off game that itself wasn't good。

Despair was incredibly disappointing and honestly didn't need to be a separate thing since it had to divide time to give background to DR especially 2 and develop some of the characters for Future. Considering the botch job they did for the DR 2 characters and how they both rushed through potential development and waste their time they should have just absorbs it into Future and focused on developing the Future cast who needed it.

Besides the shit pacing it has such a shitty retcon or twist that undermine 2 and another that is just nonsensical。 It also has no real teeth for a show about a killing game

The op was nice

Linkark07

Banned
I have much of the same taste as you, so you can't have awful taste.

I do remember Code Gauss being good though. Maybe that's just because it was one of my first animes I saw when venturing outside of TV anime and I hadn't caught onto all the tropes yet.

If you ignore the awful fanservice, that goes even worse in S2, it is still a good anime. Flawed as hell, but still enjoyable with a great soundtrack.

Another awful anime to the list, Chuunibyou 2 season. The first one at least was funny and had some character development. Second season was just a waste of time, with only a couple of interesting episodes that were focused on Nibutani and Dekomori.

FMAB

Not necessarily 0/10 on it's own individual merits, but for being redundant in general and pointless to watch due to 03 being better in every way.

What an awful post. It's cool if you prefer 03 but to think that FMAB offers no redeeming qualities while failing to back up that unpopular opinion has me shaking my head.

Dragon Ball Super isn't completed but I guarantee it as a 0/10 show even when it ends.

Nope. Super is actually in a very good place right now and has already had some iconic moments.

Another awful anime to the list, Chuunibyou 2 season. The first one at least was funny and had some character development. Second season was just a waste of time, with only a couple of interesting episodes that were focused on Nibutani and Dekomori.
With how season 1 ended I knew season 2 would be terrible. Glad I noped the fuck out

The original Kuroshitsuji anime was really bad. Probably one of the worst anime adaptations I've seen, It went on for 2 seasons without even trying to follow the manga. lol

But ah well at least Book of Circus and the Ova/movie were really good.

Linkark07

Banned
With how season 1 ended I knew season 2 would be terrible. Glad I noped the fuck out

I wasted my time watching that crap, hoping at least it would turn out good.

Another one from Kyoto Animation: Musaigen no Phantom World.

Honestly, why they release good animes like Hibike Euphonium and awful ones like Chuu2byou 2 and Musaigen?

mustang vs lust

That moment is actually what made me convinced that it ain't shit/03 was better. They
kill off one of the best characters/villains so early
but the fans who only see FMA as simply a shonen get hype because they get to see that character in a serious fight. A few eps after that you had the
bradley is a homonculus
reveal but it had no tension or mystery behind it, you even had lame comedy right after it iirc. The rest, while competently made, is just a simple action/adventure series about preventing bad guys from winning. It didn't have the same degree of emotion than 03

rackham

What an awful post. It's cool if you prefer 03 but to think that FMAB offers no redeeming qualities while failing to back up that unpopular opinion has me shaking my head.

Nope. Super is actually in a very good place right now and has already had some iconic moments.
It gave us Beerus and Champa, so this is factually wrong.

I had an acquaintance that rated it a 10/10. Opinions and all, but yea, that's when I knew he is very easy to please.

Beerus and Champa are shit. I can't stand Whis and his siblings either. In fact, all of the "gods" are garbage. Zeno? Toriyama and Toei can fuck off with that nonsense.

Super is basically "What color can we make Goku and Vegeta?"

It's garbage. Tien gets shit on. Krillin and Roshi are somehow relevant again. Gohan is a nobody. Shitty plot. Shitty characters.

Fj0823

Beerus and Champa are shit. I can't stand Whis and his siblings either. In fact, all of the "gods" are garbage. Zeno? Toriyama and Toei can fuck off with that nonsense.

Super is basically "What color can we make Goku and Vegeta?"

It's garbage. Tien gets shit on. Krillin and Roshi are somehow relevant again. Gohan is a nobody. Shitty plot. Shitty characters.

Yeah,based on this post you haven't watched a single episode.

Either that or you think Dragon Ball started in Z because that's the "cool part" and it's all about saving the world with generic rock music playing in the background

Gohan "being a nobody" at the start has been part of a character growth arc for him that's already paying off

gohan-versus-goku-peleatres.gif

Goku and Vegeta haven't had any "changing color" power up besides Blue early on, and we already know how the next transformation looks.

Also Krillin and Roshi having awesome moments for their level is bad...how!?

roshi-tecnica-pelea-dbs.gif

The only thing I can give you is Tenshinhan being shit on.

I enjoyed it. Weirdly enough, I most finish and watch animes I generally do like. Some are just okay or just meh, but I usually avoid any ones I consider terrible. I'm someone who generally likes ecchi and fan service, so I do have a lot of give when it comes to these, but most mentioned should never be a 0/10. My girlfriend has a shit load of complaints about Steins;Gate and hates the main character, but wouldn't give it a 0/10. I think hyperbole is going on too strong in this thread for the most part.

I also enjoyed Elfen Lied and wasn't completely aware of its flaws until I read about it online and started making sense of them in a way. It's still a very touching moment

You are right. You won't see thought-provoking arguments and a rational methodology in such threads. I dislike the anime = 0 and very bad. I really wanted to read about terrible animes to avoid but many of the titles don't fit the bill imo ( yet )

Top Bottom