• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating Pizza without dipping sauce? How do youse guys do it !!!

Oxn

well that's just dumb and a waste of pizza. i assume many slices get thrown away the next day.

Ummm no..... usually people dont buy an entire pie for themselves. And ive never seen people throw away pizza here in nyc. Pizza is still good the next day.

Flux

You mentioned Pizza Pizza. I thought you were talking about pizza, not cardboard tasting shit!
Funny the pizza pizza ad has been the banner ad for me since visiting this thread.

I don't have sauce with my normal slices. At events or work lunches, the sauce is needed to make pizza pizza malleable.

Moppeh

Banned
Smh, you are embarrassing your nation, OP.

Pizza Pizza has its place as a destination for either drunk food or high food.

Dipping sauce can make subpar pizza better but don't normalize it and make it sound like dip is a key aspect of the pizza eating experience.

And if you are going to use a dip, please ensure that it compliments your shit pizza to some degree. Garlic dip is fine, ranch is not.

Thanks.

AntoneM

You cannot find good pizza outside of the coastal big cities. My brother goes to school in Michigan and eats pizza all day when he comes to visit.

I never knew why anyone would eat Pizza Hut, Dominoes, frozen pizza, or any chain until he told me Middle Americans just don't know how to make it.

Which doesn't really make sense since they can get the same ingredients.
That's as wrong as the OP. NYC even disagrees.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2004/07/07/dining/the-road-to-pizza-nirvana-goes-through-phoenix.html

LeleSocho

Banned
lmao nyc has the best pizza in the world

As someone from Napoli:
4hJMtV1.jpg

Mendrox

I am American. I dont have many options.

Just put some water on it before you put it in the oven again. Same with fries and they are good as new.

Also what is wrong with eating leftovers the next day from the same Pizza? It's not like someone ate two Pizzas suddenly.

OEM

You mentioned Pizza Pizza. I thought you were talking about pizza, not cardboard tasting shit!

I hate pizza pizza too. I just get their dip. I prefer their dip over Pizza Hut or Dominos.

So in States none of these guys sell dipping sauce? wow

Zetta

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone talk about eating pizza with dipping sauce. I think you need to buy better pizza OP because I just don't understand why you would need it.

Oxn

Looks like a pizza I could easily find in America.

Yea many people think nyc style pizza is the type with the cheddar cheese and tomato sauce type. And while they are the most popular, many good shops also make the old school style pizza with mozarella, and margaretta sauce.

This place is just down the block from me in brooklyn

9M6A0198-e1497204231507.jpg

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Pizza Pizza has the best dip

Gotta agree with OP on this one. I never tried it before until last summer but we bought BBQ chicken wings that were drenched in sauce and we used the remaining sauce for our pizza and it was a game changer. My friend was a doubter until he tried it himself and he couldn't stop either.

Not saying I won't eat pizza without dip but dipping slices into some BBQ is such a staple for my house that it's rare to not see it out when it's time for some pizza.

I hate pizza pizza too. I just get their dip. I prefer their dip over Pizza Hut or Dominos.

So in States none of these guys sell dipping sauce? wow

I believe you can get dipping sauce at the aforementioned but i have never seen it ordered

Papa johns gives you garlic "butter", which is kinda gross

All of the aforementioned are bad pizza. Dominos is the least bad if you have no other options and require something resembling pizza

I just don't get it how. Just this morning, I threw away 2 slice of left over pizza because I had no dip. I just can't get myself eat pizza without that delicious Creamy Garlic or Chedder Jalapeno.

Pizza Pizza has the best dip

Well, as much as I like dips along with pizza, your first problem is that you're eating Pizza Pizza, the cardboard of pizzas. No wonder you need the dipping sauce to feel actual satisfaction when eating a slice of it.

I don't use condiments aside from hot sauce and even that I use only sparingly. Good pizza doesn't need any sauces. In fact, sauces just ruin a good pizza. Why slatter a perfectly good slice in sugary sweet barbecue sauce? It just overpowers the taste of the pizza and makes it all taste like barbecue sauce. Pointless.

Oxn

I don't use condiments aside from hot sauce and even that I use only sparingly. Good pizza doesn't need any sauces. In fact, sauces just ruin a good pizza. Why slatter a perfectly good slice in sugary sweet barbecue sauce? It just overpowers the taste of the pizza and makes it all taste like barbecue sauce. Pointless.

Well thats actually the point when you eat bad pizza. You need it to overpower it.

Sifl

The only time I've ever needed to use dipping sauce on pizza are the times I order papa johns (which I rarely do) because I need to cover up the overwhelming grease flavor. Good real pizza you don't need it, maybe a little bit of garlic, hot pepper and basil but no dip.

vivftp

Pizza Pizza is the closest pizza place to where I live so I get their food moreso than other chains. I do like their jalapeño cheddar sauce but I don't think I have ever thrown out pizza due to lack of sauce. That's just wasteful madness.

Also, try replacing the base tomato sauce with BBQ sauce - makes the pizza far better imo. Love me a pizza full of various meats (and pineapple!), BBQ base and dip it in jalapeño cheddar sauce!

OEM

Well, as much as I like dips along with pizza, your first problem is that you're eating Pizza Pizza, the cardboard of pizzas. No wonder you need the dipping sauce to feel actual satisfaction when eating a slice of it.

as I said earlier, I don't eat Pizza Pizza. I eat local pizza, or from other chain like Pizza hut, dominos. I just like Pizza Pizza dip, so that's all I get from them lol

Oxn

Pizza Pizza is the closest pizza place to where I live so I get their food moreso than other chains. I do like their jalapeño cheddar sauce but I don't think I have ever thrown out pizza due to lack of sauce. That's just wasteful madness.

Also, try replacing the base tomato sauce with BBQ sauce - makes the pizza far better imo. Love me a pizza full of various meats (and pineapple!), BBQ base and dip it in jalapeño cheddar sauce!

You're gonna make me throw up. BBQ sauce as base? its not even pizza anymore.

Top Bottom