• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE No Mercy '17 |OT| No Way Out from this No Holds Barred event that gives No Sympy

fhqwhgads

wwe-no-mercy-2017-960x540.jpg

When: 24th September at 8PM Eastern and 5PM Pacific
Where: Staples Centre in Los Angeles California
Watch: On Pay Per View and WWE Network

Something something "If you told me Braun Strowman" yadyayadya "You'd call me crazy!"

20170922_no_mercy_apollo--3d5b540df7c76f9575eee605105be5ab.jpg

Preshow Match: Apollo Crews Vs. Elias
It's nice to see the creative team has remembered Apollo exists, all that talent and all the charisma of a wet sock. No one's perfect!

20170918_No_Mercy_MizJordan--82779d0857db4f1c8aac33f2b7abbded.jpg

Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz Vs. Jason Jordan
Second time's the charm for both this match and the attempts to get Kurt Angle's son over. At least the match will probably have some lovely suplexes in it.

20170901_No_Mercy_nevilleenzo--fd275966fac9d731aa795be010060f0c.jpg

Cruiserweight Championship Match: Neville Vs. Enzo Amore
The Cruiserweight title made it to the main card of a PPV! All it took was an annoying motormouth who can't wrestle to do it.

20170901_No_Mercy_finnbray--b186328f1c99ad1cce2ff3aba2661515.jpg

Finn Balor Vs. Bray Wyatt
Special stipulation that Finn can't use facepaint because that's Bray's weakness or whatever. Remember when both of these guys were world champions?

20170901_No_Mercy_tag--6306237aa98adfae93416fc2910d6080.jpg

Raw Tag Team Championship Match: Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins Vs. Cesaro & Sheamus
Any bets on if a beachball gets snuck in for this match?

20170918_No_Mercy_WomansMatch--ff75c91d4020451334d2e0a437c6acdf.jpg

Raw Women's Championship Match: Alexa Bliss Vs. Emma Vs. Bayley Vs. Sasha Banks Vs. Nia Jax
The annual "Let's dump all the women together because we can't plan a basic singles feud for them" match is here, but at least Emma came along for the ride this time.

20170821_No_Mercy_RomanCena--6cff6b3907e8151579ca0d6e0a0b4c97.jpg

John Cena Vs. Roman Reigns
The immovable push against the irresistible merch machine. Face of the company against "face of the company". Shoot promos vs tater tots and sufferin' succotash.

20170821_No_Mercy_BrockBraun--9b8739eb10da8def91fdec40e0f7bb2c.jpg

Universal Championship Match: Brock Lesnar Vs. Braun Strowman
Legit I really am excited about this. Will Vince keep the part timer starpower go on or is he going to let one of his pet projects get the one up? I really can't tell here. Please do the right choice you crazy old man.

UberTag

The one match I would actually like to see Cena win he's going to lose.
If there's one thing the WWE can be relied upon for it's to never give the fans what they want.
... Except for that one time during WrestleMania 30 when their hand was forced because CM Punk walked out on his contract.

This is the first brand exclusive ppv that actually could be decent, at least on paper.

I'm very curious who's going over between cena & reigns.

Seijuro

This is the first brand exclusive ppv that actually could be decent, at least on paper.

I'm very curious who's going over between cena & reigns.

Yeah that's actually a pretty good card, and has 3 matches I'm looking forward to in Reigns/Cena, Neville/Enzo and Brock/Strowman.
Finn/Wyatt could probably maybe be a good match, but they've done it to death already.

First time I'll be rooting for Cena in a long time. But it's probably gonna be Roman who will go on to face Brock (who will defeat Braun for that reason) at Mania.

Bank holiday in Scotland tomorrow so I can stay up for this one without fear of dying in work.

For that reason alone this will be the PPV of the year!

Indelible

I think it would be best if Strowman beat the shit out of Brock and won the title. What do they have to lose?, attendance and ratings are already in the toilet.

Time to take the title from Brock, its been a joke since Wrestlemania, give it to someone whos actually around more than once a month and does some wrestling

UberTag

I think it would be best if Strowman beat the shit out of Brock and won the title. What do they have to lose?, attendance and ratings are already in the toilet.
Vince loses his dream moment of going to the Brock-Roman well yet again for Mania, having Roman finally best him in one-on-one competition and be coronated as the God King of all wrestlers that fans will now love and revere as he proceeds to break CM Punk's longevity record with the title.

Just think of all of the times Roman will beat Braun like a bitch in title defenses afterwards. Won't it be swell?

If I were developing a No Mercy drinking game for tonight, what rules should I use?
Take a shot whenever Michael Cole delivers a wrestler's promo for them via reciting their tweets instead of a wrestler delivering a promo themselves.
You'll be hammered after 30 minutes and, thankfully, you'll pass out and won't be subjected to watching more of it.

Laws00

this Alundra Blayze/Madusa thing they are showing is pretty good waiting for this PPV to start

And honest to god, i didnt know it was HER that was driving that Madusa monster truck. I always thought it was a dude driving that thing lol

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
There's 7 months between now and Wrestlemania. Your boy Joe will be back in time to claim.

There's only been one title holder this year from Total Divas in Alexa Bliss. Everyone else - Charlotte, Bayley and Sasha Banks - isn't on Total Divas.

Okay, I edited because I was thinking of post mania.

However Naomi, Bliss and Natalyia all are on the show. As has the current money in the bank holder, Nia who's been pushed all year, and they even gave Lana a huge shot despite clearly not being ready.

Compare it to Sasha and Bayley who've been booked as jokes or Charlotte and Becky who haven't been booked at all. Then again maybe Asuka will show up tonight and prove me wrong, I've got high hopes for her having rooked at how the company has promoted talent recently.

Top Bottom