• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena Sequel Announced [Japanese arcade-only update for now]

Caelestis

Omg, did not see this coming today. I hope they'll continue the story from where the original left off. So much potential there.

Can an Arksys employee accidentally upload all the new characters to their site so we don't have to wait.

Worked well for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3!

Reversal cross slash is not safe. IB it and punish if it was after a DP. If it was raw, just roll during super flash.

Naoto's shouldn't be safe.

Seems like a huge risk/reward to IB something that you already guessed was coming. Its like saying in order to punish SRK you have to parry/FA it. Yeah its doable but why? I already read that you were going to mash dp on wakeup, the reward is already high for you if you land it, so why do I have to go through a hurdle to punish your move.

Naoto is safe in the way that if you don't see them press a button you just keep walking. They can't do anything about it, but just respect the option. That was a long time ago though so people might of found ways around it by now. Its still stupid how the kick does like 3k damage or something absurd while being fully invul.

Cross Slash should be straight punishable. No wakeup super that does tons of damage should not be easily punished by every option. it should be straight up -5 or more.

Its just all about risk/reward ratios. The risk has to be as big as the reward in those cases. The fact that it isn't is stupid.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dunno how many noticed, but Junpei has baseball meters. Strikes, balls, outs, everything :V
Wow, didn't notice that. Wonder what it indicates (perhaps the more "home runs" you get, the more powerful your moves are, and getting "outs" makes you weaker??). In any case, cool to see they're making Junpei really stand out.

Snakeyes

Now that my initial excitement about Junpei being in has passed, I really hope they show P1 and 2 some love. Playable characters like Ulala and Nanjo would be much more interesting than shoehorning the P3 protagonist into the game.

Wow, didn't notice that. Wonder what it indicates (perhaps the more "home runs" you get, the more powerful your moves are, and getting "outs" makes you weaker??). In any case, cool to see they're making Junpei really stand out.

Could be a risk/reward instant death mechanic? Three strikes and you are out, four balls and you are dead.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the retail version. Traded it for the digital version. Got pissed my save file didn't work. Raged and raged over this game like no other.

Will buy collector's edition day 1. Preorder that shit.

Rhapsody

Banned
Seems like a huge risk/reward to IB something that you already guessed was coming. Its like saying in order to punish SRK you have to parry/FA it. Yeah its doable but why? I already read that you were going to mash dp on wakeup, the reward is already high for you if you land it, so why do I have to go through a hurdle to punish your move.

Naoto is safe in the way that if you don't see them press a button you just keep walking. They can't do anything about it, but just respect the option. That was a long time ago though so people might of found ways around it by now. Its still stupid how the kick does like 3k damage or something absurd while being fully invul.

Cross Slash should be straight punishable. No wakeup super that does tons of damage should not be easily punished by every option. it should be straight up -5 or more.

Its just all about risk/reward ratios. The risk has to be as big as the reward in those cases. The fact that it isn't is stupid.

No. IBing Cross Slash is super easy, there's no risk or guessing. Super flash buffer makes it really really hard to screw up. When the screen pauses, then hold down back and you can punish him hard. Try testing it out. Frame disadvantage is actually pretty large for Cross Slash, but it's the "knockback" which makes it hard to punish. IB makes you slide not as far.

Naoto's reversal Awakening, you can roll through it if she's just walking at you.

CSX

imagine the rage if they revealed a couple months earlier...around the EU release

Anyways im regretting big time I bought Arena right now lol

Please be a cheap DLC upgrade

Shimesaba

Junpei's persona is Trismegistus. Yukari's is Isis.

Also Junpei is best Persona character. Glad to see them righting the mistake they made when they left him out of the first release.

No. IBing Cross Slash is super easy, there's no risk or guessing. Super flash buffer makes it really really hard to screw up. When the screen pauses, then hold down back and you can punish him hard. Try testing it out.

Naoto's reversal Awakening, you can roll through it if she's just walking at you.

even if its easy. It shouldn't be needed to punish a reversal super that does a grip of damage. I mean I would be ok with it being punishable by IB if it did less damage or if yu had less options. But the fact is that he has a grip of options + that. Its like why?

Also its not the fact that they have reversal supers. Those are fine. Its the fact that they do a stupid amounts of damage. If it did like 2k~. Fine. But they don't.

Naite

ASW sure likes to stay busy. I wish companies like SNK could juggle multiple fighting game IPs at once.

Even though I'm not a very big fan of P4A, I'm probably gonna get this anyways.

DR2K

Banned
I imagine the next character revealed well be the P3 main. With a movie series coming along it only makes sense.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hoping the Instant Kills are shown at the test locations. Someone needs to see what they are for Junpei & Yukari.

Tecl0n

You know there is this gaming platform that has been getting fighting game love for some time now, you know asking for a port may not be that outlandish...

SoulUnison

Banned
Junpei is the one character I needed in this game.

I'll actually go pick this up once it hits a console.

Has there ever been a hint of a P4A PC release?

Top Bottom