• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Potential Xbox One Day One Edition+Forza 5 outed? [Seemingly Real]

Bsigg12

LTTP :p

1: That was when I thought it was FIFA + Forza
2: Are pack-in titles not moneyhatting to some degree now? Do we want to have that discussion? Because I'd say it is.

Hehe it was just too hard not to. Moneyhatting would imply they are paying a studio not to bring a game or content to another system. Forza 5 being an Xbox One first party exclusive automatically keeps this from being a moneyhat since this would never appear on any other system regardless.

Zornack

bad enough that they feel the need to incentivise, but good enough that that sold out of FIFA

Both Amazon and Game still have FIFA day one consoles up for sale (though Game is being a dick and only offering it as a CoD bundle).

This seems like they needed something to offer to non-FIFA players in order to sell out of their pre-orders.

Hehe it was just too hard not to. Moneyhatting would imply they are paying a studio not to bring a game or content to another system. Forza 5 being an Xbox One first party exclusive automatically keeps this from being a moneyhat since this would never appear on any other system regardless.

Is that what that's being defined as? Because I would just say it was 'use money/resources in unique way to make console more appealing'. In any manner. Hence why I said that. I would've just said pack-in otherwise.

I said something on Twitter about it earlier, but I'll expand here.

Naturally it wouldn't go anywhere else, but they're giving it away to EU pre-orders for free now. That definitely wasn't the goal, right? A lot of people probably would've bought Forza with it. Now they don't have to.

But that's just me, hell I consider any pack-in game to be that since everyone loses sales anyway :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Both Amazon and Game still have FIFA day one consoles up for sale (though Game is being a dick and only offering it as a CoD bundle).

This seems like they needed something to offer to non-FIFA players in order to sell out of their pre-orders.

just ship all preorders with a voucher for a download game of your choice. Or if they are limited to FIFA as the only third party game, then your choice of any MS first party game, or FIFA

Is the Forza 5 bundle available in the US? Because I would pre-order if that was the case.

Been thinking of preordering both (already have my PS4 preorder), but haven't seen a great deal for the XBO yet.

Is the Forza 5 bundle available in the US? Because I would pre-order if that was the case.

Been thinking of preordering both (already have my PS4 preorder), but haven't seen a great deal for the XBO yet.

I'm in the same boat. Have a PS4 coming day one, but if they included Forza, that would probably push me into getting an XB1 day one as well.

cripterion

That italian bundle is nice. Unfortunately neither Forza nor Fifa really interest me that much. Free's always good though.

I really hope they sweeten the deal for the day one edition and include some XBL sub in there, 6-12 months would do it.

Wow... I'm actually a bit jealous =(
Sucks to have been a Xbox One supporter even since E3 and get shafted with freebies.
Although, it might be tied down to pre-orders, which might be great here, but lacking in the UK

Amir0x

Banned
Ah, now that's a nice pack in. Europe pre-order numbers must be devastating to continue to offer these deals.

American audiences getting straight fucked on the free game offers :/

MaGlock

Ah, now that's a nice pack in. Europe pre-order numbers must be devastating to continue to offer these deals.

American audiences getting straight fucked on the free game offers :/

its pretty annoying i wont lie to you. At this point id take a free code to DL peggle 2 i want something : (

I see the tradition of bundling Forza continues, since few people tend to buy it. Got to stop that bomba.

I wonder where Microsoft could have got the idea on how to up the margins of their racing game as part of a bundle.

2prJZ9G.jpg

Mvaqs15.jpg

AOYfo5U.jpg

nmLMLrj.jpg

I'm honestly at a loss here trying to figure it out.

If MS brings this to the US, that's definitely a big move. Still have too high a price point, but it helps take some of the edge off. (Not that I'd want Madden or Forza, but for some customers I'm sure.) I know Sony doesn't any need for goosing preorder numbers, but I'd like to see them respond with a heftier a offering than what they'll be giving with PS+. Would be nice to get a full retail game.

Verendus

Banned
I wonder where Microsoft could have got the idea on how to up the margins of their racing game as part of a bundle.

http://i.imgur.com/2prJZ9G.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Mvaqs15.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/AOYfo5U.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nmLMLrj.jpg[img]

I'm honestly at a loss here trying to figure it out.[/QUOTE]
Too bad they still can't get the idea of how to sell Forza without the bundle. They should look toward the same game for inspiration. It tends to do that part well too.

Enectic

Banned
Too bad they still can't get the idea of how to sell Forza without the bundle. They should look toward the same game for inspiration. It tends to do that part well too.

Actually GT could learn a few things from Forza as well...seeing as how it has been more critically successful lately. Both great games though that I wouldn't mind seeing take inspiration from each other.

Not including anything for NA is kinda a slap in the face. If the pre-orders were really bad here we would have gotten something free too. I blame the hardcore NA Xbox fans.

Top Bottom