• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet VITA street date removed...avail. NOW!

Grisby

How will the online stuff work? When the servers go up, can we access user levels and play coop? Anyway the user levels are the ones that have been up since LBP1 or are they Vita exclusive stuff?
Yes, theoretically you should be able to play co-op and try out user levels from the community tab. I believe all of LBP1 and 2's levels are separate though. DLC costumes carry over though from the original games.

IMACOMPUTA

I have a question, guys.

I bought the physical version of this game because i have zero self control and its THE game I've been waiting for on Vita.

I definitely want the digital version, not the physical copy so i got a friend that said he'd buy my physical copy in a couple of weeks.

If i activate the online pass for the physical version, can that same online pass be used for the digital version? And is there any way to give my friend the online pass i get from the digital version?

I have a question, guys.

I bought the physical version of this game because i have zero self control and its THE game I've been waiting for on Vita.

I definitely want the digital version, not the physical copy so i got a friend that said he'd buy my physical copy in a couple of weeks.

If i activate the online pass for the physical version, can that same online pass be used for the digital version? And is there any way to give my friend the online pass i get from the digital version?

Digital version has online pass in it, so theres no way you'll be able to give him either online pass if you use the physical one.

Massa

I have a question, guys.

Nope. The online pass is part of the digital version, you can't transfer it.

I thought there was no online pass?

http://www.8bitfix.com/content/little-big-planet-online-pass-confusion-5758/

There seems to be some confusion as to whether there is or not, they are saying there isn't, the DLC just pops up as an online pass on the Vita for some reason.

EDIT: Yeah, the slip that came with my Gamestop version clearly says it's for the Big Daddy, Little Sister, and Knight of Old costume pack, even though it pops up as Online Pass. So I don't think there is an online pass.

That's because they were launch titles. Some launch titles generally get released a week before the console, happens all the time.

They (Uncharted and such) had a set date like LBP, Sony gave the oKay to start selling them ahead of the street dates. I had the games just waiting for the hardware to launch.

Glad LBP was launched early. I hate street dates. Yes they're more organized, but I wish preorder purchasers would get an added incentive of a week earlier release for preordering. Nothing sucks worse than hearing about street dates breaking or games released in other cities unknowingly, but because my local retailers are sticklers, I sitin the sidelines until a set day - even if they have it in the store inventory already >:0/

If it's attached to the costume pack and stuff, does that mean all new copies come with that stuff or an online pass?

It means there is no online pass. It's all a bunch of confusion due to the DLC popping up on the Vita as Online Pass. Nowhere on the game case or the DLC slip does it say a single thing about an online pass.

EDIT: Actually, I am wrong. The fine print at the bottom does in fact say it requires an online pass. WTF is going on?

Thoraxes

It means there is no online pass. It's all a bunch of confusion due to the DLC popping up on the Vita as Online Pass. Nowhere on the game case or the DLC slip does it say a single thing about an online pass.

EDIT: Actually, I am wrong. The fine print at the bottom does in fact say it requires an onilne pass. WTF is going on?

I have no idea. I ordered my copy from Newegg, and they didn't mention having the pre-order costumes so I became worried.

My random guess is that the DLC pack counts as an Online Pass, and the second shipment of games will come with an online pass code instead of a DLC code.

According to the IGN review there is an online pass so Im gonna assume there is one. Plus all of our codes popped up as online passes when we registered them.

My buddy got his copy at a local Mom n' Pop store this afternoon and I'm picking mine up tomorrow. So hype for this. Been waiting for something else awesome to play on my Vita.

Hanmik

Now I just need to Ace the last level.. I think this is going to be the first LBP game where I Ace the levels myself. I remember getting some PSN friends help me Ace the levels in LBP 1, just let them join me and let them finish the level without dying.

Piggus

I just ordered from Newegg since it appears to be in stock and ready to ship from them. There's no indication that they're waiting for the release date. :3

NinjaBoiX

Don´t you get some strange red splashes on your Vita screen when you use touch..?
iu00oElWFz7dD.gif

;P

mrklaw

MrArseFace
LBP1 and 2 levels are not compatible. If anyone is creating a level now while the servers are down, they'll be able to publish it once the server goes online. Co-op will work just like all of the other games.

It would be neat if, as the author of a level,no could download it into the vita editor and tweak it so it does work. There must be a ton of stuff that would carry across

Cornbread78

It would be neat if, as the author of a level,no could download it into the vita editor and tweak it so it does work. There must be a ton of stuff that would carry across

I cant wait ro get online and play some new creative community levels. LBP and White Knight Chronicles have the best online communities out there by far...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, I don't know what it is, but I'm actually enjoying this one more than the previous two games. The levels that were created for single player are all really good and surprisingly memorable. They also deliver some really impressive boss encounters.

The addition of touch and other mechanics adds a LOT of variety to the core game and all of those additions feel right at home with LBP. The controls were never particularly tight so throwing in things like touch don't really detract from that.

I do feel that the levels are better designed for the limitations of the platforming physics.

Letep

Does the game track game play time anywhere?

Also, how does everyone feel about the rear touch control?

particularly when using it to control the flying machine in the mine of peril

Wanny

Is LBPV on PSN yet? I didn't get a chance to check PSN this morning.

They said they will probably still release it on the 25 and I'm quite not happy about it.

edit: At the same time, it's kinda too late tho. I'm playing Borderlands 2 tomorrow and probably for the week. So they kinda needed to release it before tomorrow.

W1SSY

It looks like Sony got ahold of Gamestop and told them to put the release date back to the 25th because it is back on the website.

Top Bottom