• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

PullumPurna

Neo Member
It's a LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 trailer. At the end, it had quite many MCU heroes along with two Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen and Ms. Marvel. It's obvious Marvel is pushing Ms. Marvel pretty hard so I think any Ms. Marvel fans shouldn't worry about her inclusion in MVCI

I really hope you're right! She's probably the one I'm expecting the most in Marvel's side (except for Psylocke, but well...)

He no longer had the entire Nova Force as of the end of the extended Annihilation storyline, but he did become Nova Prime once they reformed the Nova Corps (which would mean he has access to a larger chunk of the pie than he used to as a regular centurion, so he was still buffed up compared to his modest power levels pre-Annihilation). But admittedly, I don't really know what all happened to Richie after the whole Cancerverse storyline, because I'm a liiiittle bit behind lol

But I do specifically remember there being a new Nova Corps after Annihilation, and for that to happen Richie would have to have split the Nova Force back up again to give the other centurions their powers.

EDIT: But you know what, I do think he still had the Worldmind for a long time after Annihilation, so maybe that's where we're getting mixed up? I need to reread that general batch of Cosmic Marvel anyway, it was a good set of storylines from Annihilation up through Thanos Imperative.

Is the re-formed Nova Corps you're thinking of the one that
Ego-corrupted Worldmind created?
Because that was the earliest I remember the Nova Corps being reestablished after Annihilation. Was there another? I mean Ko-Rel became Nova during Conquest but that was just a one-time thing.

Is the re-formed Nova Corps you're thinking of the one that
Ego-corrupted Worldmind created?
Because that was the earliest I remember the Nova Corps being reestablished after Annihilation. Was there another? I mean Ko-Rel became Nova during Conquest but that was just a one-time thing.
You might be right. It kills me that the cosmic resurgence happened like a decade ago. I really need to sit down and reread.

EYEL1NER

Whoo! Best Buy finally put their allotment of $200 CEs up online. Placed my order earlier for somewhere around $173. It's actually been a bit of time since I ordered a big CE; I think my last one was the big Street Fighter V CE at launch (which still sits unplayed in the floor near me TV). There was no way I was gonna pass up a MvC special edition though.
September needs to get here quick.

Whoo! Best Buy finally put their allotment of $200 CEs up online. Placed my order earlier for somewhere around $173. It's actually been a bit of time since I ordered a big CE; I think my last one was the big Street Fighter V CE at launch (which still sits unplayed in the floor near me TV). There was no way I was gonna pass up a MvC special edition though.
I haven't used BB before, how do you get that ~15% off?

EYEL1NER

Gamer Club - Best Buy's program to allow you get 20% off on any new games. (He included taxes)
IntelliHeath got it right, it was through their Gamer's Club Unlocked program. It does cost $30 for a 2 year subscription to the program but the 20% off any game more than makes up for itself depending on how often you buy them.

IntelliHeath got it right, it was through their Gamer's Club Unlocked program. It does cost $30 for a 2 year subscription to the program but the 20% off any game more than makes up for itself depending on how often you buy them.

Works on shit like Amiibo too. Pretty awesome deal if you're a game freak.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For some weird reason, I'm imagining rekkas with her long limbs.
Speaking of rekka's, it'd be a real shame if Iron Fist didn't come back. I can see him being on the chopping block or DLC, but man, he'd do much better in this game's system and he's also the most fun I've ever had with a rekka character.

My most wanted characters on the Capcom side are all from their 90s fighting glory days... I want reps from Star Gladiator, Rival Schools, Cyberbots, Warzard, Power Stone, Darkstalkers, Final Fight, Slam Masters.
I have little interest in RE/action game characters.

Shame that outside of DS they're likely to get one, maybe two reps maximum.

Jawmuncher

So D.C. Douglas has some stateside voice work coming up.

Wesker in MvCI, perhaps? Then again, I'd imagine that voice recording for the game finished months ago.

It's definitely a possibility. While most VA work is done well ahead of time, it's not always the case. Though I would say that this particular tweet is probably something else. Since he probably would've done VA work around when RCS did his. So they could do the banter easier. Also I recall he has done RE and other capcom related VA work without needing to go to the states in the past.

J-Tier

I kinda expect Wesker to be in anyways since Chris is in. There no other RE villain that has the same level of importance.

Nemesis and Jack Baker are cool, but they don't have the same resume quality as Wesker nor can they hold the weight of the title of main villain rep for Resident Evil.

Jawmuncher

I kinda expect Wesker to be in anyways since Chris is in. There no other RE villain that has the same level of importance.

Nemesis and Jack Baker are cool, but they don't have the same resume quality as Wesker nor can they hold the weight of the title of main villain rep for Resident Evil.

If wesker isn't in the base game or DLC i'll be very surprised. For the points you labeled and the fact that it's RE5 chris. Seems kind of pointless going with that version and not bringing his arch nemesis who was already one of the most popular capcom side character in MVC3. If you aren't bringing back wesker, don't use RE5 as a default costume.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Asura at E3 please!

tumblr_m04qvpM4Xt1r7mfzso1_500.gif

4zWPxGe.gif

ev7teFD.gif

I'm conflicted. On one hand I REALLY want those figurines on the other hand I don't have a PS4 (or Xbox One) I do have a good PC now, so I figured I'd buy the game that way.

kirblar

I'm conflicted. On one hand I REALLY want those figurines on the other hand I don't have a PS4 (or Xbox One) I do have a good PC now, so I figured I'd buy the game that way.
Buy the special edition, pick the PC version up cheap? (Think someone posted a $33 base CDKeys order earlier?)

Seeing Carol's projectile absorption has been one of the moves I wanted to see the most. I'm guessing it might just be for normal projectiles, but you never know.

Based on one of the impression vids, her transformed state is actually an install super rather than just being apart of the projectile super.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's their only notable newer IP with a clear main character.
Not that I don't think Capcom wouldn't throw fans a bone, he wouldn't fit into the story, or that he polls pretty well in informal ones, or I don't want him personally, as I think he'd be dope for MvC, but the game is 5 years old, critical and commercial bomb, and is a new IP but not in the sense that there's a franchise to follow. Again, might as well be the woman from Remember Me, the dude from Dark Void or one of the EX Troopers.

To borrow from the Smash community, Asura's got the Geno Effect going. Hopes and dreams for inclusions of characters from games that most people just watched a Lets Play of (especially with respect to Asura's Wrath, hell I think reviews even encouraged that sort of thing).

Hard to predict anyone from the Capcom side beyond the staples TBH.

J-Tier

To borrow from the Smash community, Asura's got the Geno Effect going. Hopes and dreams for inclusions of characters from games that most people just watched a Lets Play of (especially with respect to Asura's Wrath, hell I think reviews even encouraged that sort of thing).
Geno isn't comparable. He was a tertiary character that was in a spin-off game that was a collaborative effort between Nintendo and Square Enix. Not to mention his rights are in a gray area, and may be partially or wholly owned by SE and not Nintendo. Asura is a main character of his own IP and fully owned by Capcom.

Secondly, unlike Nilin from Remember Me, Dark Void guy or someone from E.X. Trooper--Asura actually shows up in recent crossover material.

latest
latest
latest

Negaduck

I would love to have asura in this game. He already fought Akuma and had the fake sf4 in the asura dlc!

He's so hype. Really hope he makes the roster.

As I said, I'd imagine that it's too late for the base roster. But now we can hype ourselves up for Fox DLC!

Who knows, maybe this has been in the works for a while? Maybe MvC:I was the game that convinced them to do the same for others?

Any theory I can think of that means Psylocke is there day 1 :(

Top Bottom