• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 15 - Windows Version Trailer (PC)

Ravage

I'm interested in what modders will be capable of doing with the game.

I wish the story could be modded...

I know better than to get my hopes up for the (rumored?) story fix, but i wish they rework the
post time skip portion and rewrite Noctis's death. It felt unnecessary af imo
Otherwise there's no way I'll double dip.

As it stands, XV is a huge waste of a promising world concept. Which really bums me out since XVI will likely be medieval-based. Sigh.

Turf Effects for grass
VXAO for Ambient occlusion
HFTS for shadows
And hairworks

Holy shit this game will probably need a 1080Ti to run all this stuff at 1080p/60.

Also features HDR and you can crank up the full-detail view distances beyond console levels. Judging by the following spin though, I'm not sure even a 1080 Ti will handle it at 4k60 =P

"with higher detail levels for other settings gamers can increase view distances and crank up overall graphical fidelity, giving you a game that will look amazing for years to come with each new generation of ever more powerful graphics cards."

I wish the story could be modded...

I know better than to get my hopes up for the (rumored?) story fix, but i wish they rework the
post time skip portion and rewrite Noctis's death. It felt unnecessary af imo
Otherwise there's no way I'll double dip.

As it stands, XV is a huge waste of a promising world concept. Which really bums me out since XVI will likely be medieval-based. Sigh.

With the PC version finally releasing, and being branded as the ultimate version, I think it's safe to say they're done with the big changes. Looks like it's only the online side of the game being built on from here on out.

daninthemix

I wonder if even Volta will be able to max this at 4K - there's more expensive 'luxury' settings there than I've seen in any game for a long time.

Wonder if we'll get official mod support considering

"I’d like to release the game on PC as a technical attempt. I want to show PC users Final Fantasy XV running on high-end machines, and we personally would like to see it, too," he said. "Also, I would like to try developing on PC to pursue a unique way of playing with PC-exclusive features like making your own quests and enjoying the world using things like mods."
http://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantas...ersion-with-mod-support-and-user-made-quests/

256824_1.jpg

256824_2.jpg

Wow, they're really serious about making a good PC version aren't they? Those are some really extensive options, this is great to see!

sprinkles

I was very disappointed with the game, the open world looked fantastic even on console but the quest system was boring, the combat a step backwards from the XIII trilogy and the story went bananas in the final chapters. That said, I will double dip when the game is under 10€ just to have the complete collection available on Steam.

Dinjoralo

Remember the FF13 configuration utility? This is how you're supposed to do it lol.
Holy shit, graphics options! And it supports 60 fps! This might actually usurp Mobius Final Fantasy as the best PC port of an FF game.

It's funny because it's true.

JMTHEFOX

About time. It looks very beautiful as I expected. Also, really happy this will have all the DLC included.

I hope this game is well optimized, even for low end PCs.

kuYuri

I hope it has an unlocked framerate/high framerate cap and 21:9 support. My monitor would appreciate it. 🙌

Sentenza

If even Nier Automata can sell 500K, I can't see that not happening
Automata has actually a good reputation, unlike this one.
And it didn't release one year after any hype around it completely died out.

FFXIII never went past 800K and it was arguably from a time when the "hunger" for JRPGs on PC was more pronunced.
Not sure what quality should make this a million seller+, when everyone and their dog are going around saying it's more or less shit.

Ascheroth

FFXIII never went past 800K and it was arguably from a time when the "hunger" for JRPGs on PC was more pronunced.
Not sure what quality should make this a million seller+, when everyone and their dog are going around saying it's more or less shit.
The PC version does not, no.

But this one is PRETTY shit, with PC specific graphic features that are so extreme most PC-exclusives don't even go this far. FFXIII on the other hand required help from a PC modding god to even go beyond 720p...

[Fugo]

some steep recommended specs!

I'll be happy if I can run it @1080p60 with all the bell and whistles on my gtx970 + 6700k cpu

Top Bottom