• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX One X |OT| X Gon' give it to ya

cormack12

Gold Member
The Pre-Order Thread
Xbox One X Enhanced titles
DF article testing 360 games on XBox One (NOT X)
DF Review Xbox One X

q4uv2Xd.png

Take it away folks. As no one wanted to do the |OT|

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
My Scorpio Edition just shipped. Pretty pumped for it.

Hope it allows Halo 6 to actually look decent graphically.

llien

So, essentially, this is Xbox One Pro, right? (fully backward compatible, beefier hardware, mostly GPU)

I hope Microsoft rebounds from XBone vs PS4 fiasco, don't want to see PS2/early PS3 era Sony any more.

Kimawolf

Ugh i am SO TEMPTED. I have been seeing impressions that the X gives you a feeling similar to the OG Xbox when you hook it up. Any impressions from here?

Necro900

If they commit to patching more 360 BC games I might as well consider the purchase. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon in 4k? Yes, please.

Newegg shipped mine on Thursday or Friday, can't remember. FedEx says the system is in Houston (where I live) but I'm not going to get till Wednesday b/c logic.

I hope they move the date up but from what I remember I don't think they usually do.

Is there any way to download the patches before hand to an external drive? It's really rough that you get this new system then have to go and download all these huge patches before you can even try anything in 4k. By that standard and my internet speed I won't be able to play anything until Thursday! LOL.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Is there any way to download the patches before hand to an external drive? It's really rough that you get this new system then have to go and download all these huge patches before you can even try anything in 4k. By that standard and my internet speed I won't be able to play anything until Thursday! LOL.

Go to storage settings there's a toggle to download 4k content.

I was under the impression from the DF video I watched recently that the non-patched games "only" got around 4TF for the XBOX equivalent of boost mode, not the full 6...?

PS. Mine will be here by the end of the week. :p

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Even on the XBOX One S? And then what, transfer the game from the S to an external?

I don't know how long it's going to take you, but it took me 1 3/4 days straight running for the console to be down transferring content, updating content, and finally, I got done with the old stuff and was able to install new games I'd bought recently like CoD WW2 n such, then get that to update.

Go to storage settings there's a toggle to download 4k content.

One more question, sorry. When you download the content does it automatically install it into the game even on the S? Or do I have to initiate the install or transfer separately?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
One more question, sorry. When you download the content does it automatically install it into the game even on the S? Or do I have to initiate the install or transfer separately?

It's installed automatically.

The S won't take any advantage though.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
My quick review of having it only a few hours.

Best place to play as their slogan goes? Not really my PC does better, wish they would drop that slogan.

Night and day difference between the X and my PS4 Pro? Not to my 50+ year old eyes on my 4k displays they are very close in picture quality and I am happy with that.

Night and day difference between the X and my Xbox One S? Yeah, there is a big difference here and thats why I purchased it.

Happy with it? Yeah to beat the dead horse its a year late and slightly overpriced but yeah I am glad I bought it.

My quick review of having it only a few hours.

Best place to play as their slogan goes? Not really my PC does better, wish they would drop that slogan.

Night and day difference between the X and my PS4 Pro? Not to my 50+ year old eyes on my 4k displays they are very close in picture quality and I am happy with that.

Night and day difference between the X and my Xbox One S? Yeah, there is a big difference here and thats why I purchased it.

Happy with it? Yeah to beat the dead horse its a year late and slightly overpriced but yeah I am glad I bought it.

Your PC is better. Pretty much acceptable. So there is really not that much difference between the 40% in the Pro and X. Really? Ok.

How is the 4k player and the fan noise. Good?

CRAIG667

So sad, my Scorpio edition has been delayed by a day as my pre-order had my old now defunct Visa tied to it.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Your PC is better. Pretty much acceptable. So there is really not that much difference between the 40% in the Pro and X. Really? Ok.

How is the 4k player and the fan noise. Good?

Fan noise the X is very quiet other then installing games via the disk its hard to tell its on. I dont know how demanding Forza 7 is on it but the console makes literally no noise when I was playing that.

There may be a 40% power difference between the X and Pro but again in my short time of trying CoD WW2 and Assassins Creed Origins there are tiny differences in picture quality to me.

I was running the game at exactly the same time on both the X and the Pro side by side on the same Samsung 4k PC Monitor LU28E590DS/ZA and I had was hard pressed to find noticable differences.

My wife who isnt a hard core gamer (she plays games like roller coaster tycoon from time to time) kept saying she couldnt see any differences.

In fact it was much as I had figured you seriously have to pause the game and point to certain areas to see a difference in these 2 games at least.

I dont know how the Pro runs CoD and Assassins Creed as far as upscaling vs native 4k but on these monitors the differences are small.

Not running those games on the Xbox one S the difference is night and day.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Fan noise the X is very quiet other then installing games via the disk its hard to tell its on. I dont know how demanding Forza 7 is on it but the console makes literally no noise when I was playing that.

There may be a 40% power difference between the X and Pro but again in my short time of trying CoD WW2 and Assassins Creed Origins there are tiny differences in picture quality to me.

I was running the game at exactly the same time on both the X and the Pro side by side on the same Samsung 4k PC Monitor LU28E590DS/ZA and I had was hard pressed to find noticable differences.

My wife who isnt a hard core gamer (she plays games like roller coaster tycoon from time to time) kept saying she couldnt see any differences.

In fact it was much as I had figured you seriously have to pause the game and point to certain areas to see a difference in these 2 games at least.

I dont know how the Pro runs CoD and Assassins Creed as far as upscaling vs native 4k but on these monitors the differences are small.

Not running those games on the Xbox one S the difference is night and day.

Don't think WW2 X patch is even out? Could be wrong.

Top Bottom