• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Just got my PSVR and Move Controllers and bought Tethered and Mortal Blitz thanks to this thread.

I'm... hesitant about Mortal Blitz, but it looks like it'll be a nice way to fuck around with the move controllers so *shrug*
Mortal Blitz is pretty much Time Crisis in VR. I like it a lot.Also check out Rush of Blood. They are light gun fans dream come true.

Also, I hope you haven't played RE7 yet. If not, do it in VR.

marrec

Banned
Mortal Blitz is pretty much Time Crisis in VR. I like it a lot.Also check out Rush of Blood. They are light gun fans dream come true.

Also, I hope you haven't played RE7 yet. If not, do it in VR.

Yea I held off on RE7 cause I knew I was getting PSVR so that's on the slate.

Looks like Rush of Blood is on sale at BB right now for 8 bucks lol guess I'll pick that up too.

MattAces

Just got my PSVR and Move Controllers and bought Tethered and Mortal Blitz thanks to this thread.

I'm... hesitant about Mortal Blitz, but it looks like it'll be a nice way to fuck around with the move controllers so *shrug*

Mortal Blitz is fantastic *aside from the super short length and awful sound design which was said to be fixed in upcoming patch and content update*. It is replayable mainly because of how fun it is, plus a 50 level challenge/training mode. This game truly shows the capability of PSVR small roomscale.

Yrv1VJN.png

Holy shit. Polybius is nothing short of genius (essential if you have a PSVR). I would buy this in one half of a second, enjoyed the Vita version a great deal.

FingerBang

Some possible good news for those wanting PSVR in Japan. As we all know it's been sold out continuously since October's launch, and the only ways to get one were either to win a lottery from a store on a restock day, import, or go through the auction sites/scalpers. It was hard getting mine many months ago cause of that, which I'm still glad I did but was really frustrated with the sole situation.

I'm starting to hate this country because of the scalpers.I wasn't able to get Farpoint and now people sell the bundle for over 10000 yen (easy to find around 12000) instead of the 8600 (I think) recommended price. The fucking 転売 culture is absurd and nobody complains.

Again, why can't I preorder the game, even if it's going to be in stock in 2 months?
Why does Amazon and ebay/yahoo allow this people to make a job out of stressed consumers? (yeah, it's rhetorical, I know why)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm starting to hate this country because of the scalpers.I wasn't able to get Farpoint and now people sell the bundle for over 10000 yen (easy to find around 12000) instead of the 8600 (I think) recommended price. The fucking 転売 culture is absurd and nobody complains.

Again, why can't I preorder the game, even if it's going to be in stock in 2 months?
Why does Amazon and ebay/yahoo allow this people to make a job out of stressed consumers? (yeah, it's rhetorical, I know why)

The scalper markup that you're describing for the Farpoint bundle is smaller than in the US. It's $80 retail but sells for $140 to $250 here.

Do Japanese retailers not offer pre-order options at all? The same lottery system is apparently being employed for the Switch also. It's really strange.

sniffy

Neo Member

EB in Australia had a brief restock over the weekend... gives me hope that Sony is still at least attempting to get them out to people. Just keep a careful watch on the major online retailers there, you might get lucky.

Hang in there. With Arizona Sunshine and others coming I feel like the Aim is seriously worth the trouble.

I'm debating whether or not to invest in Move controllers. I have the DS4 and the Aim now, and just need these to finish off the peripherals. Without sticks though they seem extremely limited and I feel like a Move 2 makes a lot of sense. I'll probably end up grabbing them this weekend but they're pretty darn expensive, and it'd be disheartening if Sony announced Move 2 later this year in time for Skyrim or something.

ranmafan

I know your pain. I had to deal with the scalpers with regards to just getting my vr unit. That sucked but It was the only way to do it since Sony wasnt very helpful with the situation either. The farpoint bundle thing sucks too but I was surprised how lucky I was. I ordered mine off of biccamera's site on Thursday afternoon, well into release day. How they still had one was amazing. And just yesterday a local electronics store had at least one, and perhaps 2 bundles. Plus vr units ready for sale. So they are out there and getting easier to find but yeah this whole scalper culture that's been going crazy in the Japanese gaming community really sucks.

Also Amazon and the other sites suck too about it. Sadly I don't think long term preorders would help. I just went through a situation like that by preordering the Zelda deluxe guide and, well, let's just say that was an incredible mess of epic proportions. I can imagine worse if they did the same for vr or switch.

MattAces

EB in Australia had a brief restock over the weekend... gives me hope that Sony is still at least attempting to get them out to people. Just keep a careful watch on the major online retailers there, you might get lucky.

Hang in there. With Arizona Sunshine and others coming I feel like the Aim is seriously worth the trouble.

I'm debating whether or not to invest in Move controllers. I have the DS4 and the Aim now, and just need these to finish off the peripherals. Without sticks though they seem extremely limited and I feel like a Move 2 makes a lot of sense. I'll probably end up grabbing them this weekend but they're pretty darn expensive, and it'd be disheartening if Sony announced Move 2 later this year in time for Skyrim or something.

How did you survive this long without Move. There's too many great game with Move now and in the future. Try to find a cheap pair.

Not sure if I missed it in the thread but Tiny Trax is only a few weeks away, assume they are waiting for cert, or possibly PS+ announcement have a history of release day being free with plus. This game is from the makers of velocity series so sure the gameplay will be amazing and also because of the way you play essentially sitting in front of the track not moving body just head does not make you motion sick at all, if thats a problem for you. Really nice guys (and girls) hope everyone supports them when it comes out.

Joystick

Anyone know what habben to that gaffer who had the PlayStation review site. The site was preety damn nice and I enjoyed reading the reviews :)

This site?

https://psvr-reviews.com/

It's run by somme: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=520415

In the latest review they included this message:

I shall start this short review with an apology for the lack of updates over the past few months. Many have messaged me, assuming the worst, that either I’ve given up or that PSVR is dead. Neither is true! In truth, I’ve been finishing a degree and have had to write, produce and direct two web series and finish off a dissertation. The work isn’t over yet, but I do actually have some time for VR now!

darkwing

Not sure if I missed it in the thread but Tiny Trax is only a few weeks away, assume they are waiting for cert, or possibly PS+ announcement have a history of release day being free with plus. This game is from the makers of velocity series so sure the gameplay will be amazing and also because of the way you play essentially sitting in front of the track not moving body just head does not make you motion sick at all, if thats a problem for you. Really nice guys (and girls) hope everyone supports them when it comes out.

excited for this too

Joystick

Here's a list that I put together on an Australian based forum. I hope that it is useful.

Most of the links are to the AU store but I believe that if you primarily use the US or another store then they should re-direct ok.

The (mostly) Complete List of PlayStation VR Free Content

AU store

US store

JP store

Please list any that I have missed (e.g. Hong Kong or other store). I'd be interested to try them all.

How did you survive this long without Move. There's too many great game with Move now and in the future. Try to find a cheap pair.
I still don't have Moves. Combination of them being overly expensive / scalper-only when I got the PSVR, and therefore me slanting my VR games collection away from them. There are things I'd like them for, but I've already spent so much ...

MattAces

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/26/arizona-sunshine-out-tomorrow-on-ps-vr/

To thank you all for your amazing support, we're celebrating the North American launch with a limited Arizona Sunshine Launch Edition which includes both the game and an exclusive Arizona Sunshine PS4 theme at 10% off for everyone who joins the VR zombie apocalypse during our launch week!
OH HELL YES, SWEET. I'm not Plus member in my US account. Thank god.
Only EU requires Plus then.
One of the things I'm really excited about is how far we've taken support for the PS VR Aim controller over the past couple of months. While it was already pretty awesome to play the game with it to begin with, we felt the game lacked proper support for it. The solution? We created an entire, additional campaign mode in which you need to survive with 35+ newly added two-handed weapons at your disposal.
Oh my god Vertigo Games, I love you.
Lastly, I can share some good news for all the PS4 Pro players out there. You can expect Arizona Sunshine to look its very best on your console, as we've visually enhanced the game to take full advantage of its power. We've adjusted the graphic settings dynamically for each area to maintain a high frame rate while pushing the game's visual quality to its limit. Think of anti-aliasing, render-scale, fog density, and draw distance.
35449278276_c0139fa0b4_z.jpg

35358200811_cafd9afd90_z.jpg

The excitement is similar to the day I'm getting my Aim controller/PSVR.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPeb5IJy7QI
CoolPaintr VR teaser trailer
DDQmxJOXsAAYQYq.jpg

Published by Sony? Seems like an exclusive.
Looks like we are finally getting a tiltbrush ripoff
CoolPaintr VR, available this Autumm
In 2 days they'll show it in GAMELAB
This is CoolPaintr VR a title with which we will live the wonderful experience of painting in space and being able to walk around our work. And also exclusively for PS4!
In CoolPaintr VR , the player must position himself in front of the camera of his PS4 and press the trigger of the control (preferably PS Move) to paint while moving it as if it were a brush in the space. Through RTSE technology from Wildbit Studios, you can combine sculpture and painting, generating solid objects from simple contours, whose structure can be modified by moving the bones of an internal skeleton that are automatically associated with them.
The game has very useful elements to facilitate things, such as a zoom to enlarge areas that we want to paint in more detail, or the tool to move and rotate the scene, which is critical to place right in front of us what we want to paint or retouch. It will also have some environments already painted, with elements predesigned, that will inspire us and serve as a basis to generate our own scenes. And of course, all this you can share in your social networks.

I was hoping to play AS with the Aim controller but it's nowhere in sight so I may just grab it and play using the move controllers

As an aside - since I've now had my PSVR for 3 days - I just want to be sure it's typically underpowered, correct? Like all the games/demos I've tried have pretty jaggy and the graphics aren't exactly pristine. That's just the way it is? I'm fine it I just want to be sure I don't have a faulty headset or something.

grendelrt

I was hoping to play AS with the Aim controller but it's nowhere in sight so I may just grab it and play using the move controllers

As an aside - since I've now had my PSVR for 3 days - I just want to be sure it's typically underpowered, correct? Like all the games/demos I've tried have pretty jaggy and the graphics aren't exactly pristine. That's just the way it is? I'm fine it I just want to be sure I don't have a faulty headset or something.
Pro supported games with super sampling have less jaggies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

You wont get "pristine" with its resolution, thats just the nature of it. There are some games, which look pretty damn close though, like Thumper.

MattAces

It is definitely no normal 2D games clarity, and you get used to it very fast. But are you using PS4 or Pro? Pro actually made everything felt right. Also if the image is very blurry, try to adjust the headset in and out, shift it around and see if there's a sweet spot that is much clearer for you, then adjust IPD. If you're out of focus, everything will be blurry unless you've tweaked the IPD settings. And yes, most of the launch games are blurry, unsaturated mess. A lot of the later games are much clearer and saturated, like Statik, Track Mania Turbo (one of the best graphic), Mortal Blitz, Farpoint, Fruit Ninja.

darkwing

yes, it's because of the screen the PSVR uses, it's basically just a 1080p screen for both eyes

but can you read the text on the screen? not blurry?

Pro supported games with super sampling have less jaggies.

You wont get "pristine" with its resolution, thats just the nature of it. There are some games, which look pretty damn close though, like Thumper.

It is definitely no normal 2D games clarity, and you get used to it very fast. But are you using PS4 or Pro? Pro actually made everything felt right. Also if the image is very blurry, try to adjust the headset in and out, shift it around and see if there's a sweet spot that is much clearer for you, then adjust IPD. If you're out of focus, everything will be blurry unless you've tweaked the IPD settings.

Ok, cool, thanks for the replies. I'm using a Pro, like I said it doesn't bother me as I kind of figured the power/resolution of the headset wouldn't allow for that clean of an image. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something wrong. Thanks!

yes, it's because of the screen the PSVR uses, it's basically just a 1080p screen for both eyes

but can you read the text on the screen? not blurry?

I can, for the most part it's very easy to read. Only in some instances it looks a little blurry but I'm attributing that to the headset not being in the "sweet spot". Noticed it mostly on Rush of Blood.

grendelrt

Ok, cool, thanks for the replies. I'm using a Pro, like I said it doesn't bother me as I kind of figured the power/resolution of the headset wouldn't allow for that clean of an image. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something wrong. Thanks!

I can, for the most part it's very easy to read. Only in some instances it looks a little blurry but I'm attributing that to the headset not being in the "sweet spot". Noticed it mostly on Rush of Blood.
Checkout wayward sky I remember that having pretty good IQ.

MattAces

VR World, Rush of Blood and a lot of the launch games are indeed very blurry. Blacks are grey, jaggies and low IQ. They only got a small patch for Pro upgrade and I don't notice the differences at all in most of them. Again, the newer games that ship with Pro support are so much better. I've been playing Farpoint and Dick Wilde a lot, both of which has impressive graphic.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPeb5IJy7QI
CoolPaintr VR teaser trailer
fuVmc3e.png

Published by Sony? Seems like an exclusive.
Looks like we are finally getting a tiltbrush ripoff

Seems like they accidentally posted the blogpost? Low quality audio and not much info.

This is CoolPaintr VR a title with which we will live the wonderful experience of painting in space and being able to walk around our work. And also exclusively for PS4!
In CoolPaintr VR , the player must position himself in front of the camera of his PS4 and press the trigger of the control (preferably PS Move) to paint while moving it as if it were a brush in the space. Through RTSE technology from Wildbit Studios, you can combine sculpture and painting, generating solid objects from simple contours, whose structure can be modified by moving the bones of an internal skeleton that are automatically associated with them.
The game has very useful elements to facilitate things, such as a zoom to enlarge areas that we want to paint in more detail, or the tool to move and rotate the scene, which is critical to place right in front of us what we want to paint or retouch. It will also have some environments already painted, with elements predesigned, that will inspire us and serve as a basis to generate our own scenes. And of course, all this you can share in your social networks.

Sounds like a pretty in depth painting app.

jluedtke

I just bought Mortal Blitz thanks to your recommendations.

I haven't seen any comments about Special Delivery, so I thought I'd post some impressions here. One look at the game will tell you all you need to know, really. It's essentially Paperboy VR, and that alone sold me on it. Deliver papers, avoid obstacles, don't get hit by cars, etc.

There are two things I recommend: 1) Play the training level. It does a good job explaining how things work. 2) Go into the options and speed up the turning, but not too much. Maybe about 1/4 of the way. In order to turn in Special Delivery, you simply tilt your body (head) left or right. The game starts it out on the lowest setting, making it really difficult to avoid obstacles, dogs, cars, etc. Turning it up will make your life much easier.

Overall, it's a fun little game, despite the fact that there's not a ton of variety and that you advance very slowly. The first few times through your route will feel very similar. Once you pass that, you'll have the additional task of collecting subscription money and beating a paper boy from a competing newspaper. Eventually, your route expands.

Cars seem to come from out of nowhere sometimes. Brake hard at all intersections! Those cars are unforgiving!

Worth $10? Sure, I think so.

In other news, I picked up Tethered on sale for $10. Great price for a really cool game.

mattmanp

How big of a game is Arizona Sunshine? Is it more than like a 2 hour shooter game? Just realized I may not know what it actually is.

MattAces

How big of a game is Arizona Sunshine? Is it more than like a 2 hour shooter game? Just realized I may not know what it actually is.

2 player co-op campaign/solo - average 6~6.5 hours
4 player co-op horde mode
Aim/Move/DS4 all with full locomotion/teleport
Shit tons of weapon to find

Top Bottom