• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

Hoping this Zelda hard shell case for the Switch becomes available for preorder soon or is easily available in stores on launch day.

885x.jpg

switch_hori_accessories_leak_5.jpg

Carlisle

Sheesh $30? Do we know if it's gigabit or 10/100 yet? The interior of the plug isn't blue, which means USB 2.0, which would defeat the purpose of gigabit, so it's probably just the 10/100 Wii lan adapter in a new casing for all intents and purposes. Wonder if the Wii adapter will work just as well, I've still got mine lying around.

Pretty sure the Wii adapter works

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm new to the USB-C game, so someone tell me...

I have a new laptop with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port. If I get a USB-C cable, can I plug the Switch to my laptop and charge it? If so, anything special I should know? USB C is kinda confusing when it comes to what can and can't charge what.

Jedi2016

I recreated that leaked Zelda skin.

3YZDqME.jpg
Whatever happened with this one? I think the logo on the Joycon controller looks pretty sweet, but the only mention of it I can find anywhere is from the leak, I can't seem to actually find it on sale anywhere.

On the topic of ethernet, I do have almost everything hardwired, but I'm not going to make a big stink about it with the Switch. I can see why they did it that way, to make it work equally well online even if you undock it (no break in communication). I probably won't be using it much for online multiplayer, so it's not a dealbreaker.

antonz

Whatever happened with this one? I think the logo on the Joycon controller looks pretty sweet, but the only mention of it I can find anywhere is from the leak, I can't seem to actually find it on sale anywhere.

On the topic of ethernet, I do have almost everything hardwired, but I'm not going to make a big stink about it with the Switch. I can see why they did it that way, to make it work equally well online even if you undock it (no break in communication). I probably won't be using it much for online multiplayer, so it's not a dealbreaker.

haven't seen it anywhere. PDP has a pretty nice Zelda set though.

Linkhero1

Is this the Hori version of the pro controller or the Nintendo one? Also if its not the Hori one has anything been said about it?

I'm referring to the Nintendo one. Not sure when the Hori one will be available, if it hasn't been made available already.

I can't decide between the Official Nintendo Carrying Case and Screen Protector combo or the Hori Pouch and Screen Protector. Any thoughts on either? I've always bought Hori cases and screen protectors so I'm leaning towards those. Does anyone know who really makes the official Nintendo set?

Raw64life

I can't decide between the Official Nintendo Carrying Case and Screen Protector combo or the Hori Pouch and Screen Protector. Any thoughts on either? I've always bought Hori cases and screen protectors so I'm leaning towards those. Does anyone know who really makes the official Nintendo set?

I had the same dilemma, but as far as I can tell the official Nintendo one is sold out everywhere, so for me it was Hori by default.

Masx

Banned
Any news on Hori's Joy-con charging dock?

I know there's one available to purchase but that's by PowerA and my last charger by them for my PS3 died in like a month for no reason at all. So if Hori is making one I'll buy from them, but can't find any other info on this other then the leaked documents.

Blues1990

I want to hear some recommendations for power banks that I can stuff in my messenger bag to charge my Nintendo Switch (along with my 3DS and cell phone) when I'm on the go and not near an electrical outlet.

Also, what are some good USB charger cables that are good substitutes for the one that's included with the bundle? Again, I'm thinking of portability/storage space.

DylanEno

Does anyone else have their pro controller on Amazon set as "arriving on Monday, March 6th or 7th" (despite being 1-2 day shipping)? Getting kind of concerned, lol.

ctfg23

Does anyone else have their pro controller on Amazon set as "arriving on Monday, March 6th or 7th" (despite being 1-2 day shipping)? Getting kind of concerned, lol.
My estimated delivery day is the 7th. As far as I know nobody has release day estimated delivery on the pro controller from Amazon.

Cartho

$2 :lol

When people enjoy being hyperbolic about something being cheap you always have to multiply by 5 at least to get the very minimum accurate price.

Haha indeed it's like when people are trying to show off that they can build a PC for the same as a PS4. You get to operating system and find "copy of Windows 10: $25".

Aspiring

Seems like a good place to ask

I have a few spare grip its around do we know if the sticks on the joy cons are the same size as a DS4 or Xbox controller?

Also I have pre ordered just the standard Nintendo screen protector with cloth. Is that one ok or should I go with a hori product? I honestly don't know the difference just don't want any scratches.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a good place to ask

I have a few spare grip its around do we know if the sticks on the joy cons are the same size as a DS4 or Xbox controller?

Also I have pre ordered just the standard Nintendo screen protector with cloth. Is that one ok or should I go with a hori product? I honestly don't know the difference just don't want any scratches.

Do you mean the nintendo screen protector that is sold with the switch case from nintendo?

b/c I've the case pre-ordered and canceled the premium hori screen protector because of it. hori makes really good ones, I've one on my ps vita since 2013 that still looks like new. but both are made out of plastic, not glass afaik. So I'll wait for a high quality glass screen protector and use the one from nintendo until then.

I don't know if that helps you...just my thoughts.

Aspiring

Do you mean the nintendo screen protector that is sold with the switch case from nintendo?

b/c I've the case pre-ordered and canceled the premium hori screen protector because of it. hori makes really good ones, I've one on my ps vita since 2013 that still looks like new. but both are made out of plastic, not glass afaik. So I'll wait for a high quality glass screen protector and use the one from nintendo until then.

I don't know if that helps you...just my thoughts.

Well im assuming it is. I'm not going to ever use it portable so I didn't go for a case just the protector.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5P86A7/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also you are right i had a hori protector on my vita and it looks new as well. But really hopefully the nintendo one is just as good.

WadeitOut

Which is better the Orzly or TechMatte? They seem pretty similar, but the TechMatte is apparently regularly going to be $5 more, but they are both on sale for the same $10 price for preordering.

Really all of these are the same thing. But Orzly is a more popular company.

Top Bottom