• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

jzbluz

I have no idea about Yusuke. Originally I thought that his CM killed any chance of him being dateable, but considering that he gives the MC the same treatment in The Day Breakers that Anne gets in his trailer, there might be a slight chance that he is indeed dateable.

That seemed like just fujobait.

I want to say it's going to be amazing, but I think we would have heard murmurings by now if it was something incredible, sadly.

Some dude in my Twitter feed played and found it boring. He seemed to think that Tadashi's involvement was minimal.

Rutger

Banned
So, in regards to Goro, I'm starting to think he'll be more than just a party member. They're going to such an extent to portray him as a side character that I think there has to be more to it. Maybe he joins the party at one crucial moment and then leaves, or maybe he joins and leaves intermittently. Or maybe you play as Goro in Ciri-esque scenes in between chapters. I dunno.

But if it turns out that he's just a normal party member who joins in October and that's all, then all of this hiding is going to seem very, very silly.

If they really wanted to embrace his role as the detective chasing the thiefs, then leaving intermittently would work. It's not strange for the detective to help out when the threat is larger than the thiefs, then once it's done he goes right back to trying to catch them.

I'm not expecting anything too special, but I guess there's some cool ways they could mix it up.

artsi

Some dude in my Twitter feed played and found it boring. He seemed to think that Tadashi's involvement was minimal.

And honestly game having a certain writer doesn't really guarantee a bad or good story. It's still a team effort with multiple people having input, with ultimately the director making decisions.

They'll definitely just play that piano ad with subtitles. "We don't use yen in America", you say? Who cares!?
Nah.
John Hardin will make his own version of the song.
I'm sure he is busy writing the lyrics as we speak.
Dengeki Playstation Persona 5 Questionnaire Results (Age/Gender/FavPersona/More)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1276443

Waifu wars are eternal!
CrJmxiwUAAAUN_-.jpg
RIP Haru fans
Also Japan really hates Ryuji

PK Gaming

I don't like the idea of blocking the share button either. I have three backups from each of my hdd upgrades and resets of the PS4, each with at least 50 gigs of captures. So the utility of the feature isn't lost on me.

I'm sure part of it is about copyright and licensing as well. Type-0 blocked the share button whenever Zero started playing, even when it was just a character singing the song in universe which just seems silly to me.

Persona 5 (ENDING) - ANNE & RYUJI DEATH SCENE [1080p HQ]
Recommended for you NEW

TRAITOR REVEALED [1080p HQ]

Recommended for you NEW

Sophia

Haru and Ryuji seem like two characters who will be far more popular in the west, and Futaba is like to be popular everywhere.

Very curious to see how opinions change about the cast as a whole once the game is out.

Persona 5 (ENDING) - ANNE & RYUJI DEATH SCENE [1080p HQ]
Recommended for you NEW

Persona 5(Part 85) - MORGANA BETRAYS ME?????!!!!![4K]

TRAITOR REVEALED [1080p HQ]

Recommended for you NEW

Ugh. On top of YouTube videos, this happens all the time at TVTropes. People don't know (or care) how to spoiler tag correctly. : \

Lunar15

I think Haru will be great.

Only character I think I'll dislike is Futaba. And maybe Morgana.

The small snippets I've seen of Futaba since her reveal have actually been pretty promising.

The only worrisome character, to me, is Ryuji. His whole shtick is that he isn't too bright, so that could either be real annoying or endearing.

He will likely be the least popular character in the west.

The small snippets I've seen of Futaba since her reveal have actually been pretty promising.

The only worrisome character, to me, is Ryuji. His whole shtick is that he isn't too bright, so that could either be real annoying or endearing.

He will likely be the least popular character in the west.

He'll probably get endearing once/if he stops making those gawking monkey faces.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Favourite side characters in Persona 5

Caroline and Justine
Igor
3 Tae Takemi
Goro Akechi/Hifumi Togo
Chihaya Mifune/Munehisa Iwai
Yuki Mishima
Sadayo Kawakami
Toranosuke Yoshida
Shinya Oda
Sojiro Sakura
Ichiko Oya

Good. Good.

Makio

My memory is not the best but Ultimax break street date right back in the japanese release date ?
because they rip ps store pre load files or something but i remember people started to post spoilers , images and such a couple of days before the release date or maybe i just dreamed (or got the dates wrong)

I mean i dont care if P5 got rip or not ... i hope not BUT it happen ... get the sound files first pls haha (music)

-------------
Where tf is Sae Niijima in that side character list ... Japan pls but glad Tae is getting love because she is top waifu material

artsi

My memory is not the best but Ultimax break street date right back in the japanese release date ?
because they rip ps store pre load files or something but i remember people started to post spoilers , images and such a couple of days before the release date or maybe i just dreamed (or got the dates wrong)

I mean i dont care if P5 got rip or not ... i hope not BUT it happen ... get the sound files first pls haha (music)

-------------
Where tf is Sae Niijima in that side character list ... Japan pls but glad Tae is getting love because she is top waifu material

P5 will definitely be out there tuesday or wednesday, some people always get games early one way or another.

Poor girl.
I wonder how polling will look by the time it lands in NA.
Well Ryuji will probably drop to 9th place since Crow would have been revealed by then. :p
I think Haru will probably do better with the US/EU audience.
I think Haru will be great.

Only character I think I'll dislike is Futaba. And maybe Morgana.
Agreed.
Surprised that Futaba wasn't first/second place.
I was pretty sure that Japan would love the type of character that Futaba is

Dantis

That's the one thing I'm always 100% fine with spoiling. I've bought some games because I listened to their OST out of context like Undertale and Bravely Default.
I don't mind spoiling the OST except for the final boss and credits themes, personally.

barybll

Banned
Fun fact:
The wait time in-between the JP and NA/EU/CN release is longer than the wait-time in-between the release date announcement for JP and the JP release.

""""fun""""

Lunar15

I wonder when we'll get more English footage, or at least voice actor reveals.

Current prevailing theory is 4 months out, just based on when Atlus USA started promoting other titles. So, probably sometime in late October, early November. Also makes sense because SMTIV:A comes out at the end of September, so it'll be time for them to start hyping up their next game.

Yeah, after Apocalypse, the only thing Atlus has before Persona 5 is Rock of Ages, so October seems likely.

They won't announce voice actors though, we'll just get footage and have to figure it out from that, or look for confirmations from the vo's themselves.

Mediking

Hahahah I guess the importers are gonna be like "we know something you don't know XD" as others still speculate about the game as importers learn about the story in P5.

DNAbro

Hahahah I guess the importers are gonna be like "we know something you don't know XD" as others still speculate about the game as importers learn about the story in P5.

I mean you could ask.

I'm just waiting for an early copy to be sighted in Japan now. I just want someone to upload the music CDs asap.

artsi

Playable in 3 days and 19 hours, my body IS READY.

qyynomS.jpg

I'm ready guys.

A fortune well-spent, hopefully.

Yeah the price is damn salty when buying from JP PSN, I had to buy a 10 000 yen card for 100€.
But this should be worth it.

DNAbro

Y'all making me want to jump in and buy it on JP PSN. Buuuut, since I'm still going through TMS:#FE and will be getting SMTIV:A I shouldn't. I really shouldn't.

But going digital means you don't get that 20th Anniversary box.

As a general reminder for people going digital too: If you want to play it at midnight, you have to preoder by the 14th, otherwise you'll have to wait for PSN to update normally.

artsi

But going digital means you don't get that 20th Anniversary box.

As a general reminder for people going digital too: If you want to play it at midnight, you have to preoder by the 14th, otherwise you'll have to wait for PSN to update normally.

I was struggling because I really wanted the box, but I also have a 4 day weekend from thursday to sunday. I went for digital so I can use the time for Persona 5.

I'll get it when the localized version is released.

Top Bottom